Match Thread Blackpool v Rangers - Match Thread

The coaching staff see him everyday, to be fair.

They’re the people who matter.

I’m hopeful we can get a few hundred grand from him this summer and move him on.
Yeah, I agree. I just find it funny that so many on here were saying Kelly was amazing and deserved a chance, then a year later when he never got a chance, everyone is confidently saying he's not good enough.

McPake etc they are standard deals for young players.

Middleton got a long extension from us the month he was scoring away from home against Spartak Moscow. At the time it looked sensible for us protecting someone bursting onto the scene.
Yeah, there was a spell I thought Middleton would become a player but he’s pretty average

He could easily become a half decent SPL player for someone else but not convinced it would be out wide. I see him more as a 10 or as a striker in a front 2

Matondo looks a real prospect and could possibly terrorise defences with his pace and dribbling.

Probably a stupid question but if Colak was to get injured right now who would replace him in the starting line up? Just crossed my mind when he went down a few times earlier.

Matondo looks a real prospect and could possibly terrorise defences with his pace and dribbling.

Probably a stupid question but if Colak was to get injured right now who would replace him in the starting line up? Just crossed my mind when he went down a few times earlier.
Tillman

That's just untrue mate.
I don't think it is. He seems to play amazingly well in the big European games where he drives into the centre more and looks really dangerous, but outwith those he'll have long spells of games where he just runs into defenders and loses the ball continuously.

Decent little run out.

I like the look of Colak, some nice touches and clever movement. Matondo looks like he's going to be extremely exciting. McCann looking top class as he always does.

On to the next one.

I don’t think so.

I’m not sure Gio knows who’s going to play alongside Goldson yet so prioritising minutes for King (even at right back) is more important than getting minutes into the right back who backs up a guy who hardly ever misses games.
Interesting POV... Cheers mate

Sakala, but no idea where he was today

That's true.
Lundstram did the same in first half, but we got away with both of these.

Andy Little said that Lundstram always tracked back to be fair last season.
No he didn't.
And was partly... at fault for a good few goals we lost last season.
Hopefully a part of his game which will improve this season.

It's early days, for him, and everybody else.
But the second half gave me cause for optimism.

Night and day compared to last season's Tranmere game.

The players in that game looked like they had never seen a ball in their lives!

I think the fresh faces we've brought in will reinvigorate us a wee bit this pre season, last pre-season was so so stale and it was showing. Beating Real Madrid in their first game back papered over the cracks.

We all said the same last pre season about Kelly making the break through but these boys don’t get a chance and then they leave
Have not seen much of Kelly, but what I have seen about McCann is he looks as if he is in the same player mould as a young Davis before he started playing further back.

I don’t think so.

I’m not sure Gio knows who’s going to play alongside Goldson yet so prioritising minutes for King (even at right back) is more important than getting minutes into the right back who backs up a guy who hardly ever misses games.
I hope ..that maybe the player that will be partnering Goldson, isn’t even at the club.
Yet.

Colak so far off the pace it’s frightening

Going in with just him for the champs league qualifiers is not good. I’d like another striker brought in
Imagine we only had games were we could get minutes into guys legs to get them up to speed.

OH HOLD ON I'VE GOT AN IDEA.

Just bear with me here.

But what, and I know this is a bit out there, what if we call them, don't laugh though, what if we call them "PRE SEASON FRIENDLIES"?

you think I'm being daft? Or think it could it work?

I think the fresh faces we've brought in will reinvigorate us a wee bit this pre season, last pre-season was so so stale and it was showing. Beating Real Madrid in their first game back papered over the cracks.
So true.
The other games were dross.
And it looked decidedly ominous with the European games fast approaching.

Don’t think Gio will let that happen again.

Colak so far off the pace it’s frightening

Going in with just him for the champs league qualifiers is not good. I’d like another striker brought in
Off the pace in a new team from a new country in a pre-season friendly, I would cut him that bit of slack and look at how he performs over the next few months before I judge him.

Just catching up on the thread, I tend these days not to look in here during the game.

Liked the look of Matondo, he's quick and beats players. Soutar also was impressive, the other new players pretty quiet.

Surely to God nobody actually thought Tom Miller was being racist with his comment about it being hard to see things with the shadow under the far stand? That's mental!

Anyone able to summarise how the game went and anyone who stood out? New signings looking good?
Tidy wee game considering the number of players that were rotated today. It was hard to tell much about the new signings apart from Colak looks like he is a hard working player and had a goal chopped off for being offside but took his goal well. Souttar looked solid enough as we already kno, Lawrence was pretty quiet but Matondo looks like he could potentially be what we've been needing on the right hand side. He was causing all sorts of problems every time he charged forward. All in all though it was just good to get some much needed minutes into the players legs.

Anyone able to summarise how the game went and anyone who stood out? New signings looking good?
I caught the second half, Borna scored a beauty with his right foot, curling into the far corner. McCann hit a cracking edge of the box strike straight as a dye. Davis ran the show, Arfield ran his socks off, Rabbi looked quick and dangerous, Čolak made some clever runs and looked strong. I didn’t take much notice of Lawerence, but we played well overall, and the fans were superb!

Back