BT Sport 2 on Sunday at 7pm - Rangers' Euro Nights

Our games against Villareal and Rapid Vienna games are on BT Sport on Thursday.
Excited for villareal, can’t remember much other than the goals and boyds miss. Watched Vienna highlights numerous times on the BT app. One of my favourite games I attended, following my Thursday routine.

Great viewing. Must say Ibrox looks far better with the away fans not in the corner.

side note. Derek Rae is a class commentator however it’s a wee bit disappointing that the original commentary (probably itv/stv) isn’t available. In fairness he’s done a decent job so far so not all bad.

An absolute tanking.

Mols running to the back post whilst Wallace took the defender with him was fucking lovely viewing.

Yeah was wondering if the commentary was new , I only remember it with Archie and Alan McInally. If ever tims label “Barry back pass” they should watch this game.

From memory, Rod Wallace missed quite a few great chances in our European games.

Was this game before or after van Nistelrooy turned us down?

Think he always had his heart set on England but wee Dick did make an offer for him at some stage I'm sure.

Was this game before or after van Nistelrooy turned us down?

Think he always had his heart set on England but wee Dick did make an offer for him at some stage I'm sure.
At this point he’s already been tapped up by SAF I think was this prior to his injury ?

Great viewing. Must say Ibrox looks far better with the away fans not in the corner.

side note. Derek Rae is a class commentator however it’s a wee bit disappointing that the original commentary (probably itv/stv) isn’t available. In fairness he’s done a decent job so far so not all bad.
Just thinking that. I assume it was “police advice” to move away fans to the broomloan / Govan corner?

I remember loving this performance but I had forgotten how many chances we butchered. Even a modicum of composure would have added 3 or 4 to the score

I know it’s been said a thousand times...but gutted mols got that injury,what a player he was.
Also forgot how good gio was at whipping in corners

Dariusz Adamcuk on the bench.

Still not sure why we bought him!

I still think Barry is underrated by the Scottish public, phenomenal vision and pass.
Barry was a class apart. He could outplay any midfielder in Europe at that time. His performance against Bayern at Ibrox and Parma in the qualifier proved this. Was gutted when he left to join Blackburn. He should have been signing for a top English side when he decided to leave us.

Lyon now.

We mugged them that night, from memory they had loads of attempts and we had just a handful.

Barry was a class apart. He could outplay any midfielder in Europe at that time. His performance against Bayern at Ibrox and Parma in the qualifier proved this. Was gutted when he left to join Blackburn. He should have been signing for a top English side when he decided to leave us.
Got my middle name Ferguson because of his parma performance. Blackburn were a top 6 club we he went tbf but I agree. Craig moore once told me he was very very close to signing for Arsenal but it never materialised. The guy was my hero.

Got my middle name Ferguson because of his parma performance. Blackburn were a top 6 club we he went tbf but I agree. Craig moore once told me he was very very close to signing for Arsenal but it never materialised. The guy was my hero.
He was my hero as well at that time. I understand the lure of Souness at Blackburn at the time but it killed me that the captain of Rangers was walking away to a team like Blackburn at the time. He could have ran the show in any midfield in Europe at that time. Great player.

Simpler times

I actually found my old ticket stub for this game a few months ago and it cost £10 (I was a child at this time).

Couldn’t believe how cheap it was

Back