BT Sport 2 on Sunday at 7pm - Rangers' Euro Nights

Daft question, anyone know were using a league ball ?. Did champions league only provide balls for the final ?. I’ve always wondered this.

How did we qualify from the group when you look at some of the rubbish we had in that squad?
We had a very poor points total, lowest of any team to advance in history. I think. Our seasons under advocaat we got more points and believe we matched this total in 07/08 also. I remember the ball stopping in the mud on the goal line in the porto Bratislava game

Unbelievable how a pitch can go from looking as good as it did all those years ago against Porto to the shit pit we had the past year or so.

An in-form Mark Hateley being left out of the England squad in favour of a Grampus 8 Gary Lineker and Nigel Clough is fucking demented :D
In his book he doesn’t speak fondly of Mr Taylor shall we say :). I was under the impression he was a bit route one ?. Makes it even more baffling not including hateley.

In his book he doesn’t speak fondly of Mr Taylor shall we say :). I was under the impression he was a bit route one ?. Makes it even more baffling not including hateley

In 92/93 you would struggle to find a better English centre forward than Hateley. Lineker was finished, Shearer was still learning, Wright hadn't hit his stride properly yet. And I can't think of anyone else they could have played up front. Big Mark should have been the number nine and one of the first names on Taylor's team sheet.

I honestly don’t know what he was good at, running ?. Other than that he’s literally just a normal bloke.

He must have been the luckiest player around at the time. Rangers, Arsenal, Everton. Three big clubs he managed to play for after having a decent season when he was a teenager at Goodison. He got found out very quickly at Arsenal.

In 92/93 you would struggle to find a better English centre forward than Hateley. Lineker was finished, Shearer was still learning, Wright hadn't hit his stride properly yet. And I can't think of anyone else they could have played up front. Big Mark should have been the number nine and one of the first names on Taylor's team sheet.
I’m sure he got capped in 93 or 94 but it was largely because of media clamour ?. Very odd considering media clamour these days usually sees 17 year olds get a game for England off one good game.

He must have been the luckiest player around at the time. Rangers, Arsenal, Everton. Three big clubs he managed to play for after having a decent season when he was a teenager at Goodison. He got found out very quickly at Arsenal.
I remember him pitching up at Motherwell and somehow being more hopeless.

I’m sure he got capped in 93 or 94 but it was largely because of media clamour ?. Very odd considering media clamour these days usually days 17 year olds get a game for England off one good game.

I don't remember him getting capped then. The last image I have of the big man in an England shirt was Mexico '86.

Lovenkrands comes off and Buffel comes in. Lovenkrands must have got a knock cos there is no way he would have got subbed and Big Eck leaves Jeffers on.

If you can name one it'll give me nightmares. The only one I can think even close was the Swiss dude Warburton inflicted on our defense.
Senderos, the man who played a champions league final and a part of arsenals invincible season!. Milan and Valencia also, Jesus he was bad.

EDIT: didn’t play the final , only the lead up to it my mistake.

Rodriguez just followed the man into the net not even looking at the ball for 2-2

comical defending and really wound me up at the time

Porto have a terrific European pedigree but they have really shat the bed at Ibrox against some really unexceptional Rangers sides. If I was them and got drawn against us, I think I'd just forfeit
I imagine of decent European leagues our best success has came against the Portuguese. Can’t think of us losing to any of them and beating them all. Porto, Lisbon, maritimo, braga and boavista.

I imagine of decent European leagues our best success has came against the Portuguese. Can’t think of us losing to any of them and beating them all. Porto, Lisbon, maritimo, braga and boavista.

That's a good shout. We seem to always do well against the Portugese. Mind you apart from 2004, there hasn't been an exceptional Portugese team that I can remember. They have had good sides but not the top tier.

Back