BT Sport 2 on Sunday at 7pm - Rangers' Euro Nights

Didn’t think of that mate. When u look at the transfer fees And wages we paid for these players alone it’s scary to think of the money wasted.
Amo criticised our medical team in his book, I think they ended up in court for falsifying papers for the Prodan deal ?. Could be wrong.

Save from Goram there vs Cantona, just so strong and vital. What a night of football. Sitting myself with a few whiskies watching all these games with a huge smile on my face.

My God I hope these days come back.

It’s all about conning the ref to gain a penalty or free kick nowadays.
I keep watching these old games and thinking I can’t believe that was nearly 20 years ago. Takes me a while to remember it was nearly 30!

it’s like my dad talking about teams from the 50s when watching these games!

Leeds were the champions but they end up just outside the relegation zone by the end of this season. Were they as good as we make out ?. What caused such a decline, can someone advise a younger fan here :)

The Leeds game at Ibrox was really scrappy. The game at Elland Road was a fantastic game. Forgot how well Leeds actually played - I remember them having chances but both midfields are creating some wonderful passing moves.

Leeds were the champions but they end up just outside the relegation zone by the end of this season. Were they as good as we make out ?. What caused such a decline, can someone advise a younger fan here :)
Us knocking the stuffing out of them and Cantona leaving thereafter. Their record had been built on being unbeaten at home for a year plus before we went there.

Amo criticised our medical team in his book, I think they ended up in court for falsifying papers for the Prodan deal ?. Could be wrong.
Just looked it up there mate. Apparently the papers were falsified from atletico Madrid and Stewart Hillis was given the blame For not spotting the injury. He claimed that he wasn’t given the chance to do a proper medical because David Murray wanted the deal rushed through.

Us knocking the stuffing out of them and Cantona leaving thereafter. Their record had been built on being unbeaten at home for a year plus before we went there.
I thought Cantona was just a “good” normal player at Leeds and didn’t become a maverick until he ended up at old Trafford. What did Wilkinson not like about him, attitude ?.

Just looked it up there mate. Apparently the papers were falsified from atletico Madrid and Stewart Hillis was given the blame For not spotting the injury. He claimed that he wasn’t given the chance to do a proper medical because David Murray wanted the deal rushed through.
Genuinely mental from a business point of view, buying a product you can’t use without thoroughly checking it for any problems. Baffling, suppose it shows Murray’s ego.

Genuinely mental from a business point of view, buying a product you can’t use without thoroughly checking it for any problems. Baffling, suppose it shows Murray’s ego.
That was my first thought when I read it. Splatter cash Murray wanted the transfer to happen no matter what. Pity it was never his own money he was spending. Had forgot that prodan had died at 44 years old till I read up on him there as well

Amo slaughters Dr Cruickshank in his book for effectively experimenting on an injury he had , a messed up OP which led to Amo having to get it sorted himself. Not sure if his chap was employed by the club or merely recommended.

Gary Mac was a tremendous footballer.

The fact that the tartan army basically hounded him for the latter part of his Scotland career shows how much they know about the game.

When I watched Scotland I was at his last game against Czech Republic (Parkhead as well!) when he wad booed off.

I was furious with the halfwits around me doing it. Long road to not caring about them started that night.

Gary Mac was a tremendous footballer.

The fact that the tartan army basically hounded him for the latter part of his Scotland career shows how much they know about the game.

international wise, he never recovered after missing the pen V England unfortunately

although club wise, he was still pulling the strings for Liverpool's treble in 2001

Reactions: TGP
I always think wtf is Hateley doing with that touch, but the whip he gets on the cross is not easy considering his body position.

Who did the medical on Prodan?
Professor W Stewart Hillis

had a less successful spell as club doctor for a season at Rangers FC in the late 1990s where he blamed himself for not realising that expensive import Daniel Prodan of Romania was more badly injured than was first thought, though in truth there was considerable falsification of medical records involved in the £2.2 million transfer.

Rangers spent £2.2m to get him from Atletico Madrid when he had a knee like a rotten apple. The perception took hold that this was Hillis's fault. In fact, what Rangers did not realise at the time was that they were sent documents which falsified and underplayed the state of Prodan's knee. Sir David Murray was so fixed on rushing the deal through Hillis was not given the time to do the usual checks. "Mr Murray said to me 'there's a press conference in 45 minutes'."

international wise, he never recovered after missing the pen V England unfortunately

although club wise, he was still pulling the strings for Liverpool's treble in 2001

His English hating chip on the shoulder “support” never recovered.
His play on the field was nothing short of exceptional which you have alluded to in your second point.

The way they treated him was utterly shameful.

had a less successful spell as club doctor for a season at Rangers FC in the late 1990s where he blamed himself for not realising that expensive import Daniel Prodan of Romania was more badly injured than was first thought, though in truth there was considerable falsification of medical records involved in the £2.2 million transfer.

Rangers spent £2.2m to get him from Atletico Madrid when he had a knee like a rotten apple. The perception took hold that this was Hillis's fault. In fact, what Rangers did not realise at the time was that they were sent documents which falsified and underplayed the state of Prodan's knee. Sir David Murray was so fixed on rushing the deal through Hillis was not given the time to do the usual checks. "Mr Murray said to me 'there's a press conference in 45 minutes'."
That’s from an article in the herald after He died

If that is true then that makes me hate that bastard Murray even more. He pretty much ruined this guy's career if this the case

Leeds were lucky to qualify for this tie as they had lost the previous round on away goals after a 4-4 draw with Stuttgart but were given a reprieve when it emerged that Stuttgart brought on Yugoslavian Jovo Simonic as a sub with 8 minutes left. Unfortunately however the three foreigner rule was in place at the time & Simonic put them over the limit. Consequently Leeds appealed the result & UEFA changed the result of the second leg to 3-0 which resulted in the tie being a 3-3 draw. A play off was arranged at the Camp-Nou which Leeds won 2-1.

From beating English champions with Goram Gough and Hateley to battling Porto with Oliver Bernard and Namouchi. Contrast :)

Back