Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

pelem

Okay, jeest settle doon now and enjoy our draw as its not as difficult as last season's when the present squad was gelling in.

We have come on leaps & bounds since our last meet with progres and if it's them I'm 100% sure we'll see them off.

Jeest take it one stage at a time, yep it's an old phrase but it's a correct one.

AriseSirWalter

Thanks John.

Changed indigo comms on the celtc sponsor list. It was wrong. Correct one is:

info@indigounifiedcomms.co.uk

My post has been altered.
Apologies, that was my mistake. When I looked at their site there were no links to companies so had to google them and I’ve obviously got the wrong indigo press.

Apologies to Alex at Indigo and anyone who emailed them. Mea culpa!

jigster

Official Ticketer
I wouldn't think so

is it possible an investigation never took place ? as far as i'm aware celtc said they were holding an investigation and it had lasted 2 years ??

i am of the opinion that when mark daly aired his program Celtc " investigated " their own liability with their insurers hence the separate entity afterwards and their continuance of " separate entity " then their recent claim "we're having an internal investigation "

QC Wine

I suppose it's good that a Scottish Parliamentary Party Leader has gone on the record to say this. But, this is what pisses me off about politicians - of every party. Fine words, formed into generalised statements that can be re-interpreted as required, at a later date.

" ... child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose." Everybody knows they were and still are not fit for purpose. Everybody knew that before Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was set up. Events dating back to the 70s clearly demonstrate that fact. Why has nothing been done about it in all that time?

"It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this." Again, that's a given. Wheres the action plan? Will all the other bodies and individuals who knew and did nothing also be held accountable?

A Daily Telegraph article from July last year said ...
'The SFA commissioned the review at the end of 2016 following an "unprecedented" number of allegations of non-recent sexual abuse in the sport, mainly said to have occurred in the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s.

Investigators talked to 236 people and 22 came forward with testimony of historical sexual abuse concerning 10 alleged abusers. Allegations ranged from sexualised language and indecent assault to rape. Witnesses told how they believe football-related sexual abuse had contributed to deaths through either suicide or substance abuse.

The panel cannot publish its full report until criminal proceedings related to cases it describes are concluded. Its conclusions about who knew what about historical abuse and who was responsible were omitted from the document.'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/26/sfa-apologises-child-sex-abuse-scottish-football-review-warns/

Are there any more cases awaiting conclusion? Will Ruth Davidson's - and every other politician's 'commitment' to 'holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this' - be happening any time soon?

We should all keep pushing in every direction to achieve this, but I'll believe it when I see it.
"Are there any more cases awaiting conclusion?"

The current warrant for arrest that is outstanding -does this mean another "lock down" period where nothing can get discussed?
If this person is charged then this is another 9-12 months before any court case.

This is appears the cycle we have been through for a number of years,

In the mean time the perpetrator's still at large are getting closer to that age where they can not be tried either due illness (dementia) or death. (ie. Kevin Kelly aged 81).

The slow wheels of the justice system and the Scottish Governments lack of pace (or no pace) means that by the time we get a proper and thorough public enquiry the majority of these scum bags will be six foot under.

Grigo Yossarian

is it possible an investigation never took place ? as far as i'm aware celtc said they were holding an investigation and it had lasted 2 years ??

i am of the opinion that when mark daly aired his program Celtc " investigated " their own liability with their insurers hence the separate entity afterwards and their continuance of " separate entity " then their recent claim "we're having an internal investigation "
They’ve made a public statement which will probably prove you correct.

But how will the LSE react to this if it hasn’t been done ? I’m not sure but it is a PLC making a public statement that is a lie.

On the other hand, they may ( no laughing ) actually have conducted the investigation & so could be punished for not estimating the financial implication of the issue.

Interesting. Hopefully very interesting. ;)

QC Wine

Just to let people know. A poster has had a reply from Ruth Davidson. It’s on the politician thread post 289.
Personally I think we should have kept one thread on the subject but that’s just my opinion.
Sorry to be a pain

Can you paste a link to this thread or a copy of this reply as I couldn't find it (Its my eyesight!!)

Cheers

Craigie

Either way they have been caught out lying. Just matter of confirming to whom.

Stez64

They’ve made a public statement which will probably prove you correct.

But how will the LSE react to this if it hasn’t been done ? I’m not sure but it is a PLC making a public statement that is a lie.

On the other hand, they may ( no laughing ) actually have conducted the investigation & so could be punished for not estimating the financial implication of the issue.

Interesting. Hopefully very interesting. ;)
Catch 22 either way .
In fact , it's probably worse as they'll be punished twice now ...

Cunts

jf1960

Not point scoring at all, that's just the appeasers way of shutting folk up.For me it all boils down to political expediency.All decent human beings know that what went on was wrong and to try to defend it is even worse.The politicians make an assessment of how their response will be taken and in that way converted into votes.There is of course the other argument of how high this goes, which can be politically damaging.In summary, I think Ruth and Co have decided that there will indeed be mileage in this for them.They also think ahead of us mortals and will probably factor in the Salmond issue as well.
Hope so mate
ps " The Point Scoring " bit at the end was a bit of sarcasm on my part

Prestwick Bear

I wonder what their high profile celebrity fans think of being associated with a club guilty of paedophilia and the subsequent covering up of it ?

Especially Rod Stewart who has their crest on his drum kit. What would his record company and tour management think ?
Any normal human being would distance themselves from this, celebrity or not. As for Rod Stewart doubt it, the cunts a freak.

Stez64

I wonder what their high profile celebrity fans think of being associated with a club guilty of paedophilia and the subsequent covering up of it ?

Especially Rod Stewart who has their crest on his drum kit. What would his record company and tour management think ?
The cunts empty their pockets every Sunday to strengthen the biggest paedo ring known to mankind....
They are brainwashed and think paedophilia is part of the RC religion.
The sporting wing of this cult is no different.
I've said this before and stand by it. Getting abused at CBC was treated like some kind of initiation ritual.

earnger

Glasgow City Council gave an email response on behalf of The Lord Provost, Leader and Chief Executive and said, "We are commited to creating a safe and inclusive Glasgow for every young person to grow up in an environment safe from abuse and ill treatment." Then went onto say, "It wasn't in their 'statutory responsibilities' to do anything. Take matters to Police Scotland."
There’s that use of “young person” as opposed to using the word child. Now where have we heard that recently? Fookin scum.

Grigo Yossarian

The cunts empty their pockets every Sunday to strengthen the biggest paedo ring known to mankind....
They are brainwashed and think paedophilia is part of the RC religion.
The sporting wing of this cult is no different.
I've said this before and stand by it. Getting abused at CBC was treated like some kind of initiation ritual.
That’s true. It has astonished me how defensive normal fans of theirs are reacting. I can only assume it’s due to this institutionalism ( if that’s a word :D )