Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Now I don't know if, because of the virus, that the info. is being spread further afield, but let us just get it out there, the fact that our elected MSP choose to ignore the victims is a scandal, a national scandal, but let us not forget the Westminster Govt. we need to inform them and keep them in the picture as far as the crap, the victims have to deal with up here.

What happened to the thread that got binned some interesting info looks like Liewell is trying to sweep sweep this under the carpet threatening the SFA to make amendments etc corrupt to the core I hope these kunts get sued to oblivion.
I think it could be unsubstantiated. There is no proof of this. The press and lurkers often look in on this forum. Such a serious allegation could have legalities involved if not true. This is probably why it’s been removed.

Check the replies to his tweet.
mentally challengeds saying Rangers have 8 cases to answer.
The mentally challengeds know nothing. It’s no secret there are complaints against Neely and Dunn that are currently with Thompson’s solicitors. The figure is unknown. It’s their usual deflect and deny tactics that have ran all the way through this that we’re seeing. I don’t waste my time reading or rising to anything that lot say. Their day will come.

Check the replies to his tweet.
mentally challengeds saying Rangers have 8 cases to answer.

Any club with questions to answer needs to answer these in an independent investigation.

Over the last few years, mentally challengeds have been going on an on about Rangers hiring the guy from Hibs. This was their only, continued and repeated response whenever someone mentioned the multiple cases at Celtic. This was still the response last month.

Suddenly there are 8 cases to answer?

Any club with questions to answer needs to answer these in an independent investigation.

Over the last few years, mentally challengeds have been going on an on about Rangers hiring the guy from Hibs. This was their only, continued and repeated response whenever someone mentioned the multiple cases at Celtic. This was still the response last month.

We must grab the opportunity to get an independent inquiry., once the SFA cover up is published. Paedophiles can worm their way into any establishment, if we have had them, it needs sorted.
Those that covered for, aided and abetted must also be brought to justice

The mentally challengeds know nothing. It’s no secret there are complaints against Neely and Dunn that are currently with Thompson’s solicitors. The figure is unknown. It’s their usual deflect and deny tactics that have ran all the way through this that we’re seeing. I don’t waste my time reading or rising to anything that lot say. Their day will come.
Exactly Neely and Dunn is all they've got, if you ask any of them what Neely got sacked for they don't even know as said above Deny and Deflect it's The Celtic Way

I'll say it again.
A couple of years ago a HIVs director was shown on film (Mark Daly's documentary on abuse in football) admitting that they were aware of Neilly being a problem with kids, and that they let him go without telling anyone why.
He further stated that he very much regretted not warning Rangers.
Rangers should make him regret it a helluva lot more and begin proceedings to sue HIVs and any monies awarded put aside to compensate anyone found to have been interfered with.

I'll say it again.
A couple of years ago a HIVs director was shown on film (Mark Daly's documentary on abuse in football) admitting that they were aware of Neilly being a problem with kids, and that they let him go without telling anyone why.
Rangers should make him regret it a helluva lot more and begin proceedings to sue HIVs and any monies awarded put aside to compensate anyone found to have been interfered with.
I agree with this. In no way are Hibs coming out of this unscathed.

If you count the two convictions against Torbett, what’s the scums tally to date, 7 I believe.

So they make up 8 to make out that we’re worse. Laughable, my dads bigger than yours, big bad Rangers etc.....

So, so predictable.
So disgusting, but not surprising, that the mentally challengeds use this argument. Two wrongs don’t make a f@cking right.
If our club’s got a case to answer I would hope we would deal with it without the cover-up employed by that filth.

The ones who cry about point scoring about CSA being worse than the actual abuse itself.

I'll say it again.

I forget the guys name who said it, but he was talking about Kenny Waugh, their chairman, who hid it.

So disgusting, but not surprising, that the mentally challengeds use this argument. Two wrongs don’t make a f@cking right.
If our club’s got a case to answer I would hope we would deal with it without the cover-up employed by that filth.

What I would say to them is prove it - or let an independent enquiry investigate it. The legal profession has proven the case against them on several occasions.

The only allegation I’m aware of concerning Rangers is with Neely. Obviously we should have been made aware of him by Hibs but, when concerns were raised, the club dealt with it immediately by firing him and reporting to the police. If there’s more, let’s get them investigated properly. Name names and provide evidence - don’t just throw unfounded accusations about.

There’s a hell of a difference between the actions of us and them, polar opposite in fact - and their continued stance of deny and deflect just leads to further anguish for the poor victims and their families. They deserve justice.

What I would say to them is prove it - or let an independent enquiry investigate it. The legal profession has proven the case against them on several occasions.

The only allegation I’m aware of concerning Rangers is with Neely. Obviously we should have been made aware of him by Hibs but, when concerns were raised, the club dealt with it immediately by firing him and reporting to the police. If there’s more, let’s get them investigated properly. Name names and provide evidence - don’t just throw unfounded accusations about.

There’s a hell of a difference between the actions of us and them, polar opposite in fact - and their continued stance of deny and deflect just leads to further anguish for the poor victims and their families. They deserve justice.

Great post Taffy;)

Last edited:
Liked it but would say it’s supposed to be in another thread unless I’ve missed something

I forget the guys name who said it, but he was talking about Kenny Waugh, their chairman, who hid it.

Neely took up a youth development position with Hibs in around 1983. In about 1986, abuse allegations concerning him were put to the late Hibs chairman Kenny Waugh.

Sports reporter Ray Hepburn told the BBC Waugh had confided in him.

Mr Hepburn said: "He said 'we've had complaints by two sets of parents about Gordon Neely. And his behaviour with some of the boys'.

"And of course it was quite devastating news. He went on to explain that he had sacked him that day, had reassured the parents by dealing with it in a very speedy and decisive way. And that was kind of the way people did things then."

The BBC has also spoken to the then Hibs manager John Blackley who confirmed Hepburn's story that Waugh had been made aware of complaints.

The police were never involved. Nor did anyone at Hibs warn Rangers about Neely's behaviour

Back