Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Neely took up a youth development position with Hibs in around 1983. In about 1986, abuse allegations concerning him were put to the late Hibs chairman Kenny Waugh.

Sports reporter Ray Hepburn told the BBC Waugh had confided in him.

Mr Hepburn said: "He said 'we've had complaints by two sets of parents about Gordon Neely. And his behaviour with some of the boys'.

"And of course it was quite devastating news. He went on to explain that he had sacked him that day, had reassured the parents by dealing with it in a very speedy and decisive way. And that was kind of the way people did things then."

The BBC has also spoken to the then Hibs manager John Blackley who confirmed Hepburn's story that Waugh had been made aware of complaints.

The police were never involved. Nor did anyone at Hibs warn Rangers about Neely's behaviour

Thanks Coop.

Neely took up a youth development position with Hibs in around 1983. In about 1986, abuse allegations concerning him were put to the late Hibs chairman Kenny Waugh.

Sports reporter Ray Hepburn told the BBC Waugh had confided in him.

Mr Hepburn said: "He said 'we've had complaints by two sets of parents about Gordon Neely. And his behaviour with some of the boys'.

"And of course it was quite devastating news. He went on to explain that he had sacked him that day, had reassured the parents by dealing with it in a very speedy and decisive way. And that was kind of the way people did things then."

The BBC has also spoken to the then Hibs manager John Blackley who confirmed Hepburn's story that Waugh had been made aware of complaints.

The police were never involved. Nor did anyone at Hibs warn Rangers about Neely's behaviour

Strange, my memory must be playing tricks. I could have sworn the Hibs director in question himself was filmed relating that, and also expressing his guilt at not speaking out. Maybe a different clip right enough and I'm confusing it with Daly's piece.

Strange, my memory must be playing tricks. I could have sworn the Hibs director in question was filmed relating that, and also expressing guilt at not speaking out. Maybe a different clip right enough and I'm confusing it with Daly's piece.

I have to say that’s what I saw too.

Imo what needs to happen is these two guys must come forward and give a statement that they were abused by Neely while at Hibs. Hibs then fired Neely and no further action was taken.

Now if I remember rightly Neelys signing for Rangers was a big thing in the media at the time as he was regarded as one of the country's top youth coaches. Hibs would certainly have been aware he was signing for Rangers.

One phone call and Neely would never have been near Ibrox.

That call never came

Shame on you Hibs

Imo what needs to happen is these two guys must come forward and give a statement that they were abused by Neely while at Hibs. Hibs then fired Neely and no further action was taken.

Now if I remember rightly Neelys signing for Rangers was a big thing in the media at the time as he was regarded as one of the country's top youth coaches. Hibs would certainly have been aware he was signing for Rangers.

One phone call and Neely would never have been near Ibrox.

That call never came

Shame on you Hibs
Exactly how it was

I thought it was a reporter from an Edinburgh paper that was on Dalys programme saying The Hibs Chairman told him the reason he was let go but he can't ever print it to " Protect the good name of Hibs"

OK, so that guy was a reporter JF. The exact quote I heard him say was if it became public about risk with Hibs youngsters they would never be able to compete with the old firm for the best kids. That was the comment the guy attributed to Waugh.

OK, so that guy was a reporter JF. The exact quote I heard him say was if it became public about risk with Hibs youngsters they would never be able to compete with the old firm for the best kids. That was the comment the guy attributed to Waugh.

A Sunday Post article prior to Daly's documentary.

Hepburn, a close friend of Waugh, revealed: “Kenny wanted it dealt with swiftly to re-affirm Easter Road was a safe place for youngsters. So Rangers were denied knowledge of Neely’s activities – and they would certainly never have employed him, had they known.

“Kenny told me the parents said their children had been molested. He was a decent man and was rightly appalled.

“But he was very worried that if anyone found out, Hibs would lose out on the talent the club needed to try and compete with Hearts and the Old Firm.

A Sunday Post article prior to Daly's documentary.

Hepburn, a close friend of Waugh, revealed: “Kenny wanted it dealt with swiftly to re-affirm Easter Road was a safe place for youngsters. So Rangers were denied knowledge of Neely’s activities – and they would certainly never have employed him, had they known.

“Kenny told me the parents said their children had been molested. He was a decent man and was rightly appalled.

“But he was very worried that if anyone found out, Hibs would lose out on the talent the club needed to try and compete with Hearts and the Old Firm.

That’s it Coop;)

After the tv documentary in which revealed that Hibs were aware of Neely’s activities but decided to cover this up to protect the “good name” of the club, the Scottish football authorities remained silent and did nothing. Why was this? Were the authorities aware that the abuse problem was wider than Hibs and chose to keep silent to protect the one club where the issue was far far greater ? Who was heading up the SFA then?

You wouldn’t see their fans even remotely discuss a thread of abuse on their doorstep on their own club.

And at least make sure the stories they spin and ignore are factual.

CFCcbc and Scottish national party are in it together alright.
You know as well as me how true that last sentence is. Together we’ve fought the nationalist scum for years on this issue. You also know my thoughts on Humza.
Nowhere in any democratic country on this earth has a justice secretary failed his electorate and let down so many victims and their families. I’ve continuously asked him for meetings to show the work that we have done and the proof of what has being going on at Celtic.
He chose his beloved club before victims. Even if it takes years we won’t give up. He has refused to acknowledge the work that we have done in proving what has gone on at Celtic. We have contacted everyone of his colleagues who also choose to ignore this subject as they can’t lose the Republican vote.
They have also accused us of being bigots even though we have the proof. I will categorically state that we are following leads on 2 other names that we have unearthed linked to Celtic and this work is continuing as we speak.
For the last couple of years also I have received personal threats from the filth. I know you look in from time to time. The only message I can give them is we are going nowhere until we find each and everyone of these perpetrators and we will name individual’s who chose to turn a blind eye.

Last edited:
You know as well as me how true that last sentence is. Together we’ve fought the nationalist scum for years on this issue. You also know my thoughts on Humza.
Nowhere in any democratic country on this earth has a justice secretary failed his electorate and let down so many victims and their families. I’ve continuously asked him for meetings to show the work that we have done and the proof of what has being going on at Celtic.
He chose his beloved club before victims. Even if it takes years we won’t give up. He has refused to acknowledge the work that we have done in proving what has gone on at Celtic. We have contacted everyone of his colleagues who also choose to ignore this subject as they can’t lose the Republican vote.
They have also accused us of being bigots even though we have the proof. I will categorically state that we are following leads on 2 other names that we have unearthed and this work is continuing as we speak.
For the last couple of years also I have received personal threats from the filth. I know you look in from time to time. The only message I can give them is we are going nowhere until we find each and everyone of these perpetrators and we will name individual’s who chose to turn a blind eye.
Well done BN94,stay focused and we all hope you get justice for the victims

I don't know if she has been mentioned before but Sonia Poulton has a video on YouTube called "Drag Queen Story Time:Child Grooming In Plain Sight?" and in that video she shows an image of Celtic Park, so she obviously has some knowledge about the decades of child abuse that went on at Scum FC.

From what I understand she is a pretty fearless investigator and doesn't give a shit who she upsets.

I don't know if she has been mentioned before but Sonia Poulton has a video on YouTube called "Drag Queen Story Time:Child Grooming In Plain Sight?" and in that video she shows an image of Celtic Park, so she obviously has some knowledge about the decades of child abuse that went on at Scum FC.

From what I understand she is a pretty fearless investigator and doesn't give a shit who she upsets.

She was a journalist who was used as a comentator, paper reviewer etc by all the major news networks.

She has been blacklisted somewhat for asking too many questions regards the Maddie McCann case that the parents don't like. She was also looking into CSA perpatrated by MPs too.

They have also accused us of being bigots even though we have the proof. I will categorically state that we are following leads on 2 other names that we have unearthed linked to Celtic and this work is continuing as we speak.
Every now and then there is a quiet lull on this matter and we wonder about where it’s all heading and then along comes a post like this one from BN94 which lifts the spirits and convinces us that justice IS going to be done no matter how long it takes.
I salute all of you working tirelessly on this. Just fantastic guys (and gals if applicable).

Once the dam breaks he has to be called out.

2 year member with a whole 21 posts and you come up with something this inspiring ?

All of these posters actually DOING something positive, being physically threatened, and all you can do is disrespect their efforts. Are you sure you're on the correct Board ?
Yes I am, and what's it to with you ho
2 year member with a whole 21 posts and you come up with something this inspiring ?

All of these posters actually DOING something positive, being physically threatened, and all you can do is disrespect their efforts. Are you sure you're on the correct Board ?
what's it got to do with you how many posts I've made, and I've been on follow follow longer than two years, I might have rejoined 2 years ago, I'm making the point the corruption and covers are so bad that I think they will get away with it

Is this the lady that was on Shaun Attwoods documentary? If so, she is like a dog with a bone with this sort of thing.

Yes. She has featured on his YT channel a few times. I've only become aware of her in the last few weeks.

She sounds like somebody who could do some damage to Scum FC.

Reputation and good name.Damage limitation to that reputation and good name is all they have cared about since day one.

The above is what to target imo

They like their name in the papers and media..

Go put them there..for all the wrong reasons

No let up on this..it must be kept in the public consciousness.

i tip my hat to you mate .you and those with you deserve medals and I look forward to the day justice is done for the many victims ,not just for the crimes of abuse but also for the many years of cover ups .

Lots of child sex abusers were themselves abused before going onto abuse others... Which partially explains why many of them decide to become priests in a certain church... And why when they get there... they repeatedly cover up the activities of others.

It's also the same reason why certain sporting clubs were set up. How can you have 6/7/14+ nonces in one place? Imagine being at work and 14 of your colleagues suggested going to abuse some children.

I've said it for many years... The actions/lack of action now from Celtic, the SFA, the police, the media and others means I have absolutely no clue at all if kids at Celtic are still being abused now.

There simply has to be an independent investigation.

This might have just been a very bad joke on a young mans part but it doesn't surprise me one bit to read about a Celtic youth player making comments about an 8 year old.

Back