Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Interesting McStay's name and photo. I wonder if our Australian media friends would knock on his door. Maybe ask him for his view on things. Like Saint Tommy he was bang in the middle of things. I wonder who paid for his move to to Australia. Did he finance it all himself.

Interesting McStay's name and photo. I wonder if our Australian media friends would knock on his door. Maybe ask him for his view on things. Like Saint Tommy he was bang in the middle of things. I wonder who paid for his move to to Australia. Did he finance it all himself.

More to the point....why did McStay move to the other side of the world in the first place?

Another with knowledge to what was going on at that rancid outfit

More to the point....why did McStay move to the other side of the world in the first place?

Another with knowledge to what was going on at that rancid outfit
Have wee read at this.

Have wee read at this.
I always found the description maestro ridiculous to the over rated McStay

He couldn't run a bath ffs

So many wordings of things to do with cairney, torbett and mccafferty from the celtic view leave you raising an eyebrow. Makes you wonder.

Hiding in plain sight.
Regardless of whether or not CBC were registered separately Celtic are still responsible for putting children in danger by promoting the Boys Club so vigorously. In article after article we’ve seen them talk so highly of the boys club set up and how it has proven to be a route to the first team. That must have turned many a young lad’s head. Surely there is culpability in advertising the boys club in the manner they did. If they are going to promote an organization so actively in their own club publication, effectively calling for promising youngsters to join, then surely they had the responsibility to make sure that organization was a safe environment for children.

It's not about money. Im not going into what I went through but it was horrific.

It's about seeing the creeps who hurt me and people like them at Celtic get deserved justice .

They get paltry 18 month sentences. Victims get a life sentence, this is not about old firm rivalry this is about seeing an organised paedophile ring brought to book so survivors can get some form of peace and closure that sadly I never got.

Thank you to everyone for not letting this go unnoticed. I'm sad I can't offer much help just encouragement but for every victim out there regardless . Thank you. We are the people

Regardless of whether or not CBC were registered separately Celtic are still responsible for putting children in danger by promoting the Boys Club so vigorously. In article after article we’ve seen them talk so highly of the boys club set up and how it has proven to be a route to the first team. That must have turned many a young lad’s head. Surely there is culpability in advertising the boys club in the manner they did. If they are going to promote an organization so actively in their own club publication, effectively calling for promising youngsters to join, then surely they had the responsibility to make sure that organization was a safe environment for children.
Exactly this. We can also say that we have a lot more to come.

So £80,000 would be maximum payment.
I assume this would be for worst cases such as rape. Victims who were molested which I would imagine would be the majority will obviously get less. So even if say 50 successful cases the most that the scum would pay out would be £ 4million.
That would be scandalous. A fvcking disgrace.

I assume this would be for worst cases such as rape. Victims who were molested which I would imagine would be the majority will obviously get less. So even if say 50 successful cases the most that the scum would pay out would be £ 4million.
They chunts dont care about what they have to pay out and their "investigation" imo has told them they will have to shell.
No what they are worried and upset about is not the damage caused to the young boys abused in their care: they couldnt give a fhuvk.
It is the long term damage to the brand. The financial fall out if no one wants to touch their toxic brand when this is over.
That is their main concern.

Cold, heartless, uncaring, shameless chunts.

To the last rhebel.

Exactly, and if they told the truth about their youth team how many future players would have signed for their vile club. They’ve been cheating everyone for years just to protect their name. Hopefully these poor lads get justice soon.

Is it just me BB or has McStay always looked haunted?
We know there are ex-players who turned a blind eye at the time the abuse was going on. The beasts that operated at that club were very well organised and chose their victims carefully.
To this day some of the ex players will say that the perpetrators were good people. Why? Was it instilled in them through religion that this was normal? A full independent inquiry into that club is the only answer.
We’ve personally seen how this has affected survivors and their families. The club say nothing, and the Scottish government hide behind a pathetic SFA review and also say nothing. The club are guilty, and believe me they will go to any length to hide the truth.
Those that know us know how far and wide we have taken this. We had to. The Scottish devolved government don’t want any of this to come out. Certain apologists within the Scottish media don’t want this to come out. The fans like no other don’t want this to come out, but they have friends in high places that will deny and attempt to deflect.
Ask yourself this.. How many boys lives were destroyed and that club say nothing. Ffs they even said Andrew Gray didn’t play for the boys club.
We took it outside Scotland for a reason. The world has to see what was operating under the name of that club. Separate entity? I don’t think so.

We know there are ex-players who turned a blind eye at the time the abuse was going on. The beasts that operated at that club were very well organised and chose their victims carefully.
To this day some of the ex players will say that the perpetrators were good people. Why? Was it instilled in them through religion that this was normal? A full independent inquiry into that club is the only answer.
We’ve personally seen how this has affected survivors and their families. The club say nothing, and the Scottish government hide behind a pathetic SFA review and also say nothing. The club are guilty, and believe me they will go to any length to hide the truth.
Those that know us know how far and wide we have taken this. We had to. The Scottish devolved government don’t want any of this to come out. Certain apologists within the Scottish media don’t want this to come out. The fans like no other don’t want this to come out, but they have friends in high places that will deny and attempt to deflect.
Ask yourself this.. How many boys lives were destroyed and that club say nothing. Ffs they even said Andrew Gray didn’t play for the boys club.
We took it outside Scotland for a reason. The world has to see what was operating under the name of that club. Separate entity? I don’t think so.
I think yourself and the team have proven that beyond doubt BN

nowhere to run to..nowhere to hide.....

I don't think the money being discussed here is even coming from separate entity FC. This is taxpayer money is it not??

They chunts dont care about what they have to pay out and their "investigation" imo has told them they will have to shell.
No what they are worried and upset about is not the damage caused to the young boys abused in their care: they couldnt give a fhuvk.
It is the long term damage to the brand. The financial fall out if no one wants to touch their toxic brand when this is over.
That is their main concern.

Cold, heartless, uncaring, shameless chunts.

To the last rhebel.
I think they accept being Catholic means young boys get interfered with and that is part of being Catholic. Look at how they treat victims families that reach out.

This is taxpayers' money, intended for victims of abuse in "residential care settings" only. Celtic won't pay it, nor will the victims of paedophiles in Celtic's service get it. It might be, though, that if Celtic choose to settle cases out of court they will seek to use the payments recommended in the new bill as a barometer. In which case, yes, the financial hit they'd take would be disproportionate to the nature and extent of the crimes committed in their name.

Celtic and their supporters will squirm and squeal like a stuck pig, though, before admitting any manner of guilt. The only crime in their eyes is in getting caught, because then their carefully crafted reputation of being the oppressed, never the oppressors, would be threatened and - Heaven forbid -
they might need to show contrition more publicly than to a priest.

This is taxpayers' money, intended for victims of abuse in "residential care settings" only. Celtic won't pay it, nor will the victims of paedophiles in Celtic's service get it. It might be, though, that if Celtic choose to settle cases out of court they will seek to use the payments recommended in the new bill as a barometer. In which case, yes, the financial hit they'd take would be disproportionate to the nature and extent of the crimes committed in their name.

Celtic and their supporters will squirm and squeal like a stuck pig, though, before admitting any manner of guilt. The only crime in their eyes is in getting caught, because then their carefully crafted reputation of being the oppressed, never the oppressors, would be threatened and - Heaven forbid -
they might need to show contrition more publicly than to a priest.

Well said.

I’m sure the first case up when it is win will be over £80k,strongest case and will open the gates and more will follow,and I hope it will give strength to other who haven’t found the courage to step forward.

You’ll be heard,helped and payed for your these heinous assaults no child should have to be subjuected,no shame and just find a home of the blame.

The world has to see what was operating under the name of that club. Separate entity? I don’t think so.

The world will look on in disgust when they see what went on. Not just that club, but the footballing authorities, the media, and government officials.

And I hope they ask this question of them all;

Why did you stay silent?

The disgrace that is Celtic FC has been a burden for decades, not a one off, but a recurring violation of young players. As if this is not abhorrent enough, the deceitful lengths they and their sympathisers have gone and continue to go to is astounding. How anyone cannot show compassion for the victims and their families is inhumane, seemingly our society and government have deemed this institutions behaviour as acceptable. This is what Scotland and Scottish football has become.

The disgrace that is Celtic FC has been a burden for decades, not a one off, but a recurring violation of young players. As if this is not abhorrent enough, the deceitful lengths they and their sympathisers have gone and continue to go to is astounding. How anyone cannot show compassion for the victims and their families is inhumane, seemingly our society and government have deemed this institutions behaviour as acceptable. This is what Scotland and Scottish football has become.

This is what concerns me. There seems to be an acceptance of this, as if it is normal. No moral outrage or condemnation. Just apathy.

This whole scandal is a reflection of our society's morals and integrity at large, and it is not good.

What gets me is all of these famous fans who let everyone and their dog know how much they love their club totally ignore the "history" What will happen when it all comes out eventually??? Will they still show the love???
It will not matter a jot to them mate. The hordes still go to chapel every week even although thousands of children were raped by priests in the Catholic church. I also find it hard to accept that everything all of a sudden has been cleansed. The 3 holy mary shit and all your sins are forgotten doesn't ring true with me.

Those podcasts with Adrian Goldberg & Gary Johnston in Australia.

They were DUMBFOUNDED at the reaction to these victims / survivors.

Genuinely shocked Huck.

It will not matter a jot to them mate. The hordes still go to chapel every week even although thousands of children were raped by priests in the Catholic church. I also find it hard to accept that everything all of a sudden has been cleansed. The 3 holy mary shit and all your sins are forgotten doesn't ring true with me.

If you look at Brazil, or even Ireland.

Two historically strong RC countries who are continually walking away from that church
because of its behaviour.

Yet in Schotland 2020 their behaviour is being condoned & treated like a song at a
football match by the government & courts.

If it were not so serious a subject it would be laughable, an absolute pantomime!
The unscrupulous behaviour of that organisation is mind blowing, the contempt for the victims is abissmal. No matter what sporting achievements they have achieved, forevermore their credibility should be investigated, scrutinised and sanitised. How absurd, they are allowed to function unchallenged by the authorities ,business as usual?

Latest posts

Back