Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Is that figure of 200+ accurate? It seems high, even given all that's come out over the years. If it does turn out to be true, and it's proven that their abuse was covered up then I really don't see how Celtic can continue.
A dozen would be scandalous, but over one, never mind two hundred?!
The twitter post that states 200+ has nothing to do with Spotlight. We are not aware of that figure. That’s the first we’ve heard that mentioned.

Everything is being done behind the scenes to set the maximum level of payout at £80k for retrospective financial compensation if you were abused in the care system. This will then be used as the precedent for sporting institutions. Assume that worst case of 200, and all receiving the maximum and it’s only £16M.

Everything is being done behind the scenes to set the maximum level of payout at £80k for retrospective financial compensation if you were abused in the care system. This will then be used as the precedent for sporting institutions. Assume that worst case of 200, and all receiving the maximum and it’s only £16M.
Compare that with what Manchester City paid out immediately " and apologised " sincerely to the victims . I cannot remember what the actual payout figure was but I do not see why Scottish kids that were victims or Irish Welsh or English victims for that matter should not be paid similar amounts . Torbett was a millionaire at the very least and Celtc are not a poor Club as they like to let us all know so get the victims paid what they are due you shower of chancers then and only then you lot can think about paying the remainder of the £ 30,000.000 big ones you borrowed from the CO-OP Bank :mad: . All victims are due equal amounts , they all suffered the same horrors !

Its beyond belief that there point blank refusing to speak.
I really hope there time is up.
The saddest thing is that it really isn't beyond belief, it's is actually what we'd all expect of Sturgeon and Yousaf.

A guy who fairly recently became a father happy to sit back and allow a paedophile ring to escape justice.

Shame on anyone on here who votes for that.

Gordon Woods is a very brave person who has suffered terrible abuse yet the Scot Govt have continually ignored Gordon and Michelle Gray pleas for help

It’s a scandal no SMSM have picked up on these pleas for help and outed Nippy and Useless for their behaviours and ignoring the victims and their families

Marc Horne should pick up o this theme and go after them and ask why they are ignoring these people

You’ll know as well as me that the mutants have come on this thread in many forms defending that club. To this day, even with all the evidence we’ve shown they still believe that their club have done nothing wrong.
You’ll also see that the club always refuse to comment, and even after 2 so called “internal investigations” they have found nothing. We believe there was no such thing as an internal investigation and over the years the club has done it’s utmost to keep it quiet.
The mutants will come again. We don’t entertain them. The report button is there for a reason and admin watch this thread closely. The mutants know their day is coming. We may not close them down, but we’ll show the world their history that they don’t want the world to see.

I think they are all only too well aware that their club has done wrong but they are determined not to concede an inch to anybody. They've done it for their religion and their schools so no surprise they are doing the same for their fitba club.

I would like to think we are both wrong, and that 200+ is the limit.

(What a horrible feeling when you have to say "I hope it is only 200 children sexually abused by Celtic staff"... as if that is insignificant.)

However, Torbett was MD at Fairbridge, a charity that dealt with the most vulnerable kids in society. He would have had access to them also.

And although CBC started in the 60s, there is no proof that abuse of children at a club with paedophiles and Catholicism only started in the 60s. Who knows how long it has went on for?
You could be right nobody really knows if Torbett was the pioneer or got into a warm bath.

Are you talking about suspects or who got convicted I’m over 50 I’m not combing through peodophile cases of just made a comment because I lived in larbert and it was Brian Beattie who was convicted il bow to your superior knowledge in this
I do remember McCartney being a suspect at one time

5xqw.gif

You’ll know as well as me that the mutants have come on this thread in many forms defending that club. To this day, even with all the evidence we’ve shown they still believe that their club have done nothing wrong.
You’ll also see that the club always refuse to comment, and even after 2 so called “internal investigations” they have found nothing. We believe there was no such thing as an internal investigation and over the years the club has done it’s utmost to keep it quiet.
The mutants will come again. We don’t entertain them. The report button is there for a reason and admin watch this thread closely. The mutants know their day is coming. We may not close them down, but we’ll show the world their history that they don’t want the world to see.
That last sentence is outstanding. That will hurt them more than closure. Having to live with that history, the disgrace of association whenever they wear anything associated with that club.

Last edited:
You might be on to it. Funny that it's a James Kelly (Labour Shadow Justice Secretary) that's firing the bullets. Is there a link to somewhere?
It's what I was thinking. You never know these lying,twisted,corrupt politicians. They are a breed apart. You just can't trust or believe them.
Especially in this case. Why can't one of them have the guts to address this scandal. Disgraceful. Their ignorance to not even reply to the victims and their families says it all about them. Lowlife cowards.

Fit and proper, trustworthy people of integrity, upstanding citizens. Seems a lack of these attributes both at Celtic FC and Holyrood. These organisations have a common denominator, lack of class and an ability to stoop to levels of depravation not seen before in this country. It's a wonder any can walk upright, not a backbone among them.

£80,000 is not much more than a middle management salary. It’s an insult offering that to someone who’s entire life has been ruined. There should be no top end limit for compensation and it should be paid by the institutions themselves. The Government should only step when those who responsible have no more money left to pay

Using taxpayer cash to protect the guilty from liability is abhorrent.

£80,000 is not much more than a middle management salary. It’s an insult offering that to someone who’s entire life has been ruined. There should be no top end limit for compensation and it should be paid by the institutions themselves. The Government should only step when those who responsible have no more money left to pay

Especially when a club involved boasts about their cash reserves and how rich they are.

There should be protests in front of Holyrood if the incumbant justice minister is trying to help push that through. We all know why he'd be keen...

It's what I was thinking. You never know these lying,twisted,corrupt politicians. They are a breed apart. You just can't trust or believe them.
Especially in this case. Why can't one of them have the guts to address this scandal. Disgraceful. Their ignorance to not even reply to the victims and their families says it all about them. Lowlife cowards.
Apologies for derailing this important thread just a bit. Regarding James Anthony Kelly MSP - list MSP for Glasgow, former pupil of Trinity RC High School Rutherglen, Chartered Accountant who may know Liewell, was active in repealing OB at Football legislation, lodged motion asking Holyrood to pay tribute to Billy McNeil, asked question in Holyrood highlighting alleged racism shown towards TLB, critical of Police Scotland's alleged OTT policing of sellik games, and is generally anti police. A self confessed fan of Bheast FC who cannot do the job he is no doubt handsomely paid for without punting the cause of the scum at every opportunity. I might be wrong but his CV tells me all I need to know. And he was until 01/09/2020 Labour's Justice Spokesman. I know where his loyalties lie.

It’s a scandal no SMSM have picked up on these pleas for help and outed Nippy and Useless for their behaviours and ignoring the victims and their families
As I'm inclined to do, I was skipping through some youtube stuff and happened upon a documentary on Queen Elizabeth I who adopted the attitude when confronted with her religious diplomatic challenges, to "Video et taco". This could be the motto of our MSM.

Save a google search, it translates as "I see but say nothing".

Back