Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Some of you may not have noticed that Gordon’s interview was being discussed on the Adrian Goldberg thread. I’d just like to say a few words on this and bring the thread up to date with what we can.
Spotlight have been speaking to this new journalist for nearly a week now.
You will see that this journalist is highly respected and has done some work on this in the past. We will not mention any name at this stage as we believe this is for Gordon to say.
Spotlight was also asked for an interview and politely declined. The reason for this is Spotlight is not the story. We are here to assist victims/survivors and also assist any journalist that wants to get the truth out there. We provided a statement on behalf of Spotlight and we will show this at later date.
On the Adrian thread we sensed frustration amongst posters, and rightly so as donations have been made for the making of this film, but please understand that because a certain individual has appeared in court then the press are restricted in what they can print and Adrian will be taking advice from lawyers. Any mention of previous charges could jeopardise any case on a technicality. This has come from other certain press contacts also.
Those that have followed this will know that we try to update the thread the best we can, but please understand that there is a reason why we can’t mention some issues. We also believe that this journalist could take it to another level due to the experience this journalist has.
We have worked on this for a long time now and believe us we share the frustration, and it does get us angry sometimes but that’s the nature of this subject and obviously certain issues have slowed things down. Covid for example, and a certain under qualified political party with an imposter as a justice secretary.
So this is another platform with this journalist to get it spread worldwide. The survivors stories have to be heard. The perpetrators have to be found along with the enablers and the people who knew and said nothing. We continue the fight and like I said previously we will continue to update this thread with what we can.

Last edited:
Some of you may not have noticed that Gordon’s interview was being discussed on the Adrian Goldberg thread. I’d just like to say a few words on this and bring the thread up to date with what we can.
You will see that this journalist is highly respected and has done some work on this in the past. We will not mention any name at this stage as we believe this is for Gordon to say.
Spotlight was also asked for an interview and politely declined. The reason for this is Spotlight is not the story. We are here to assist victims/survivors and also assist any journalist that wants to get the truth out there. We provided a statement on behalf of Spotlight and we will show this at later date.
On the Adrian thread we sensed frustration amongst posters, and rightly so as donations have been made for the making of this film, but please understand that because someone has appeared in court then the press are restricted in what they can print and Adrian will be taking advice from lawyers. Any mention of previous charges could jeopardise the case on a technicality. This has come from other certain press contacts also.
Those that have followed this will know that we try to update the thread the best we can, but please understand that there is a reason why we can’t mention some issues. We also believe that this journalist could take it to another level due to the experience this journalist has.
We have worked on this for a long time now and believe us we share the frustration, and it does get us angry sometimes but that’s the nature of this subject and obviously certain issues have slowed things down. Covid for example, and a certain under qualified political party with an imposter as a justice secretary.
So this is another platform with this journalist to get it spread worldwide. The survivors stories have to be heard. The perpetrators have to be found along with the enablers and the people who knew and said nothing. We continue the fight and like I said previously we will continue to update this thread with what we can.
Thanks for the update BN94. It's a delicate subject and there is a lot of impatience among fellow members on the forum and beyond, myself included, but you explain it very well. We must be patient as you say. Justice for the victims is of the utmost importance and the rest of it is consequential.

Last edited:
On the Adrian thread we sensed frustration amongst posters, and rightly so as donations have been made for the making of this film, but please understand that because a certain individual has appeared in court then the press are restricted in what they can print and Adrian will be taking advice from lawyers. Any mention of previous charges could jeopardise any case on a technicality. This has come from other certain press contacts also.

The average person on the street doesn't really have a clue, how the law works, and what can jeopardise live cases.

I very much include myself in that so just want to let you know I am fully behind the victims and yourself.

That article states he played for the Boys club U18 team, and also stated he had played for the senior team in 1st team friendlies, reserve league, Glasgow Cup etc.

Is it possible he was playing for both the Boys Club team and involved with the Senior team at the same time? If so, how would that work with player registrations, as surely you could not represent 2 separate entities at the same time?
So if the filth go down that road then surely the player involved can't be registered as a filth player , so saying that any competitions they play in should be illegal & all prizes league titles cup wins league places void , so go down the road of stripping honours from them & reclaiming prize money, also a demotion while we are at it .

The average person on the street doesn't really have a clue, how the law works, and what can jeopardise live cases.

I very much include myself in that so just want to let you know I am fully behind the victims and yourself.
Believe us mate it’s a learning curve for all of us. I’ve mentioned previously about the frustration and anger of the progress the authorities are making but there’s nothing we can do but keep pushing.

So if the filth go down that road then surely the player involved can't be registered as a filth player , so saying that any competitions they play in should be illegal & all prizes league titles cup wins league places void , so go down the road of stripping honours from them & reclaiming prize money, also a demotion while we are at it .
Below is a clear example of this..

I'm sorry if my words caused upset Nate
I'm sure this has been said by now but you bear no responsibility at all for any of this. Those bheasts bear ALL responsibility. You can only be commended for having the bravery and fortitude to speak out to attempt to bring the scum to justice and protect others from harm.

WE are all sorry that you have to speak out about it at all. Society has failed you.

We mentioned we were in contact with another journalist. I’ve started a new thread.

the wee yin (wife) and me just finished watching that, i have a grown son and daughter, if one of them was to come out with that it would break me, i know i would seek vengeance, the guy is a very brave man and with the help he is getting i am sure his bravery will be rewarded or maybe already , he has had an impact in the cessation of these vile crimes already as they furiously clean up,

the wee yin (wife) and me just finished watching that, i have a grown son and daughter, if one of them was to come out with that it would break me, i know i would seek vengeance, the guy is a very brave man and with the help he is getting i am sure his bravery will be rewarded or maybe already , he has had an impact in the cessation of these vile crimes already as they furiously clean up,

Just finished watching it, and I really have to take my hat off to Gordon Woods for his dogged determination to see that justice is seen to be done for ALL victims, irrespective of where it happened.
I had of course heard of him but never knew just how much the terrible experiences had affected his life during his formative years, and right up to the present time.
It's to his eternal credit that he remains a fine upstanding citizen, despite all that was inflicted upon him at a vulnerable stage of his life.
Here's to justice for Gordon and all others affected by this horrendous abuse.

I haven't watched it yet for fear of how I'll feel at this time of night with a few half's in me. Follow this thread every day and will eventually watch it when I feel I can face it.
BN94 and GY and all others behind the scene... I don't know how you can all face up and hear/read about it, cos I'd have tears everyday, but well done to you all.

I pray that when it is all said and done that Celtic is not just punished for enabling and covering up CSA. I hope they are also punished for the ringer they put the victims through. That separate entity bs was a nonsense and they knew it. Justice delayed is justice denied.

I hope Gordon Woods interview with Sonia Poulton spreads the truth of the ordeal these young people suffered. I admire his perseverance, and hope that any others who have been silent for years may find the strength to come forward,and denounce the pepetrators of such crimes, wherever the have been committed throughout society.

As a childhood survivor of CSA (childhood sexual abuse) i can't read the thread much as its a trigger but i have to intervene on this..

People in this thread know my history (abused at 8 went on for ten years, trafficked drugged molested by multiple men as part of a paedophile ring nothing to do with celtic to be clear). Now im unable to have kids and have to use a catheter to urinate and have been left with horrible mental and physical scars including being sectioned multiple times due to the extent of the mental impact its caused ) . I know there are other victims. I wrote a big post on it a few months ago, but suffice to say its ruined my life. Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the first time i was hurt. It never escapes you.

I just want to salute you @BN94 and your team . When i was at my lowest you made me feel i was among friends.

I think the idea of stickers is awful. I dont want to fall out with anyone, but seeing a sticker about child abuse stuck on bins reduces it and in reality i dont think you will achieve anything. At worst you could trigger a victim seeing the sticker. I dont want to fall out with anyone over this. Please just let @BN94 and his team do their amazing work.

Seeing a sticker about child abuse on a bin could trigger a victim into self harm or traums, to illustrate if something comes on the news about savile, it immediately truggers me to the point i have to smoke or take a prescribed valium to calm down.

For the sake of survivors we as a community and a club are better than that, we are the people, please dont go down this path. It wont acheive anything good, Just let spotlight do their work and ensure justice is done, for people like me, and those who didnt make it through.

We are the people, lets keep our dignity, and not result to this. We are better., bigger and bolder than that.

Let spotlight do their work and have patience. Justice will come, i never got any justice, let spotlight do their work to help those effected achieve theirs. putting stickers around glasgow does nothing to acheive that.

Thank you.
I've read your stuff throughout this thread and find what happened to you as horrific. Your point is valid and I would be in total agreement re the stickers.
Also what you say about the Team working on this, they are doing an incredible job and I think this will ultimately lead to the name of Celtic being tarnished forever.
As for yourself my friend , you are a brave man and my respect for you cannot be put into words.

Is there something deep down as to why they haven't bagged Lennon yet? What does he know?
He was at Man City and Crewe as a youngster around the time Bennel was involved with both clubs.
I wonder if he made any "football" trips to Glasgow during that time.
It would explain a lot.
While a young player at Crewe, Lennon was a friend of Andy Woodward and Steve Walters, both of whom were victims of sexual abuse by coach Barry Bennell. After Bennell's 2018 conviction, Lennon spoke of his regret at not being aware of the abuse. Mmm!!

I’ll bring the thread up to date on the alleged accused Lyness Malley. Police haven’t received any corroboration on Malley, which is obviously a legal requirement, so they’ve been unable to charge him. This would obviously change if anyone else came forward to make an additional formal complaint.
One alleged survivor came forward approximately 2 years ago but no one else has come forward. Lyness Malley continues to strongly deny any allegations.

Is there something deep down as to why they haven't bagged Lennon yet? What does he know?
He was at Man City and Crewe as a youngster around the time Bennel was involved with both clubs.
I wonder if he made any "football" trips to Glasgow during that time.
It would explain a lot.
While a young player at Crewe, Lennon was a friend of Andy Woodward and Steve Walters, both of whom were victims of sexual abuse by coach Barry Bennell. After Bennell's 2018 conviction, Lennon spoke of his regret at not being aware of the abuse. Mmm!!
I actually feel for Lennon and his time at Crewe as it must have been horrible for him and his fellow teammates.

But does it explain a lot? His erratic behaviour, drink problem, haunted look etc. Does he know / was targeted by Bennell and his like?
I hope not as no young boy who leave his family home to live his dream to become a professional football player or any boy for that matter should be abused by an animal.

Even when Lennon is happy you can see sadness in his face.

I've always thought that. As much as I'm enjoying the disarray, I get the feeling Lennon is one troubled individual. And i cannot make fun of someone who is possibly haunted by this scandal.
He could have eg, reported things to the cops yonks ago, contacted various politicians surely where he lived at the time?

He could have eg, reported things to the cops yonks ago, contacted various politicians surely where he lived at the time?
I think he knows a lot more than he lets on. Whether that is in the role of a witness, or as a survivor, I don't know. When you watch him, you sense a sadness off him, a haunted look.

Of course, I could be wildly off the mark, but it's just my impression of him.

Back