Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Is there something deep down as to why they haven't bagged Lennon yet? What does he know?
He was at Man City and Crewe as a youngster around the time Bennel was involved with both clubs.
I wonder if he made any "football" trips to Glasgow during that time.
It would explain a lot.
While a young player at Crewe, Lennon was a friend of Andy Woodward and Steve Walters, both of whom were victims of sexual abuse by coach Barry Bennell. After Bennell's 2018 conviction, Lennon spoke of his regret at not being aware of the abuse. Mmm!!

At least four boys/men coached by Barry Bennell committed suicide.

Gary Speed 'one of four players coached by Bennell to have killed themselves'

17 Jan 2018 — Gary Speed was one of four players from Barry Bennell's junior football teams who killed ... One man whom Bennell admitted abusing in 1998 told the court he knew of other boys from the ...

One being Gary Speed, although I don’t think it was ever established if he was abused.

Barry Bennell victim is sure Gary Speed was abused by him

15 Feb 2018 — 'I'm 99.9% sure Barry Bennell abused Gary Speed': Paedophile football coach's victim names Wales boss who killed himself decades later. By Deborah Davies For The Daily Mail and Lara Keay ...

Lennon was quoted in the trials of Bennell, he was going into a caravan straight after a boy had been abused in it was leaving.

He certainly has his demons.

I don’t know if this should be a thread on its own.

Torbett was 21, no football coaching ' badges ' etc.
Just given the job by ??
Please watch Gordon Wood and Sonia discuss the vile, disgusting catalogue of sad, harrowing events.
Gordon Woods sat in the back of a car with the European Cup whilst been driven from Glasgow to Dumfries.
The 2 people in the front seats were.....

Sir Bob Kelly and a certain Jock.Stein !!!!!
Watched it the other night , horrific experiences Gordon suffered and I can only praise his courage for being willing to talk about it time and time again as the memories of that animal must torment his soul . I can see Gordon has no intention of giving up until justice is served and this Scottish Government should hang their heads in shame for doing nothing to support the victims of that disgusting excuse for a Football Club . Well done Gordon ! We wish you success in your quest for justice .

Did Lawell say CBC always were a separate entity, right up until it became St Patricks in 2018?

Or was it only separate after 1991 when the last abuse happened? (Apologies if my dates are wrong and there were abuse cases after 1991)

We think there’s a very good chance that Torbett was a placement and the Catholic clergy possibly played a role in that.
The reason we say this is we have a list in our possession with known perpetrators, suspected perpetrators and possible enablers. On this list there are various priests listed.

Enabled with free access.....

10. Groups of clergy, not all Catholic priests by any means, grouped together outside the main stand on match days as the clergy were allowed free admission to Parkhead in those days and looking to see if you could spot your Parish Priest amongst them.

I was watching a documentary last night called Silence in the House of god there were many horrible things, but it was a good insight as to how this stuff gets covered up, there was a phrase used i was unfamiliar with, Noble Cause Corruption, when i found out what it meant, a lightbulb went on in my braincell, it goes along way into explaining the inactions of the enablers and continual, need to cover up from seemingly decent people like Tommy Burns, i don't have the IQ to explain what it is, so here you go,

Noble cause corruption is corruption caused by the adherence to a teleological ethical system, suggesting that people will use unethical or illegal means to attain desirable goals,[1] a result which appears to benefit the greater good. Where traditional corruption is defined by personal gain,[2] noble cause corruption forms when someone is convinced of their righteousness, and will do anything within their powers to achieve the desired result. An example of noble cause corruption is police misconduct "committed in the name of good ends"[3] or neglect of due process through "a moral commitment to make the world a safer place to live."[

It seems to me that the good Name of Celtic :mad: is the Noble Cause,
And the Bairns were collateral in all that,

I was watching a documentary last night called Silence in the House of god there were many horrible things, but it was a good insight as to how this stuff gets covered up, there was a phrase used i was unfamiliar with, Noble Cause Corruption, when i found out what it meant, a lightbulb went on in my braincell, it goes along way into explaining the inactions of the enablers and continual, need to cover up from seemingly decent people like Tommy Burns, i don't have the IQ to explain what it is, so here you go,

Noble cause corruption is corruption caused by the adherence to a teleological ethical system, suggesting that people will use unethical or illegal means to attain desirable goals,[1] a result which appears to benefit the greater good. Where traditional corruption is defined by personal gain,[2] noble cause corruption forms when someone is convinced of their righteousness, and will do anything within their powers to achieve the desired result. An example of noble cause corruption is police misconduct "committed in the name of good ends"[3] or neglect of due process through "a moral commitment to make the world a safer place to live."[

Excellent post Sir

There must be a phrase for the way they try to silence people who highlight the abuse by somehow trying to take the moral high ground over people highlighting the abuse as if it’s worse than the abuse itself.

A paedo in England David Wilson who has been convicted of abusing kids

He’s just been sentenced for 25 years

Time the Scottish courts were pressed on why repeat offenders like Torbett gets 6 years for the 2nd conviction

It’s a disgrace the way paedos are getting lenient sentences in Scotland

Time the Scottish courts were pressed on why repeat offenders like Torbett gets 6 years for the 2nd conviction

It normally works out at close to, or even less, as Han a year per victim up here mate.

Scandalous, given the impact on these peoples full lives.

Aye, heard it on the news earlier. Jailed for 96 sexual attacks on young boys between the ages of 4 and 14, and possibly up to 500 in total. 500 young children emotionally scared for the rest of their lives.

That is just so fundamentally wrong, just think about. Your child left to live in a world of torment, through no fault of your own.

How helpless as a parent must that make you feel.

At Celtic Football Club, parents put their trust into representatives of said club and for Celtic Football Club to knowingly know Child Sexual Abuse was being carried out, for over five decades, if not more and not to take the appropriate action, is just so morally wrong, in every sense of the word.

Through Celtic Football Clubs abuse of power, you didn't have one victim, you had a family of victims, regardless of religion.

Disgusting, goodness, what a vile interpretation of what is right and what is wrong. When in reality, there is no misinterpretation, the sick and degenerative actions knowingly perpetrated within the realms of Celtic Football Club should disgust everyone especially those of authority, be that, the SFA, to our SNP government.

So why doesn't it.

That is the bigger question in this whole tragic and morally wrong situation, where children's lives and feelings have been shown to be immaterial.

Give the victims justice, give them closure.

Last edited:
Posted this in the other thread on this but it should be in here too....

No doubt after waiting all this time the SFA report will fail to mention CFC or CBC

After multiple convictions for Torbett, Cairney, McCafferty, KIng, Strachan, Cullen the mentally challengeds will be omitted from the report

We all know the SFA are corrupt but this report will be aimed at protecting the mentally challengeds reputation at all costs

Just like the paedo harbourer Stein.

Protect CFC at all costs

No doubt after waiting all this time the SFA report will fail to mention CFC or CBC

After multiple convictions for Torbett, Cairney, McCafferty, KIng, Strachan, Cullen the mentally challengeds will be omitted from the report

We all know the SFA are corrupt but this report will be aimed at protecting the mentally challengeds reputation at all costs

Protect CFC at all costs
I agree and the narrative will be about the great strides made by all clubs to eradicate the "problem", particularly Celtc who were the first club to appoint a child protection officer. (That is what they claim ?) Can just sense the whitewash that is coming.

Protect CFC at all costs
If I remember correctly, it is in fact the opposite mate. Perversely I'm sure they were given praise for their child protection protocols in the interim report.

Just remember who is in charge at holyrood and the power she has over police Scotland. a wee search into the salmond case will show you how far she will go with corruption and cover up.
The snp went out of their way to court the Catholic vote in their attempts to gain independence! It shouldn’t be forgotten what religious preference the club and support has in question.

The full and final report into sexual abuse in Scottish football is to be published later.
The independent review was commissioned by the Scottish FA in 2016, with an interim report a year later.
The final report will include victim testimony as well as an update on action taken following recommendations to the footballing authorities in 2018.
The SFA ordered the review after allegations of historical child sex abuse going back to the 1970s.
The review was led by former children's charity executive, Martin Henry.
The interim report said Scottish football's child protection protocols were not fit for purpose and led SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell to apologise for past failings.
It also highlighted gaps in the system that continued to leave children at risk.
The SFA said it would act swiftly on a total of 95 recommendations - including calls for more money and resources for child protection and wellbeing.
The final report is expected to provide an update on those recommendations. It is also understood there will be a call for organisations and clubs to apologise for what happened in a bid to help those who suffered, move on.
The full review was delivered to the Scottish FA last summer and the governing body has been heavily criticised for the delay in revealing the final findings.
The SFA said the delay was due to ongoing legal issues.

This reeks of the old saying of "Don't let the fox guard the chicken coop" to me!!

I agree and the narrative will be about the great strides made by all clubs to eradicate the "problem", particularly Celtc who were the first club to appoint a child protection officer. (That is what they claim ?) Can just sense the whitewash that is coming.
They will make it look like CFC are shocked and disturbed by these findings and will now lead the crusade to end these disgusting findings of abuse at ALL football clubs start fund raising to help the victims of abuse at clubs all over the World . It will be some side swerve along these lines but they won't want the carpet to be lifted , hopefully i am wrong .

They will make it look like CFC are shocked and disturbed by these findings and will now lead the crusade to end these disgusting findings of abuse at ALL football clubs start fund raising to help the victims of abuse at clubs all over the World . It will be some side swerve along these lines but they won't want the carpet to be lifted , hopefully i am wrong .
Spotlight WILL NOT ALLOW any carpet to be lifted!!!

With regards Neely, there appears to be confusion whether we contacted the police, or just contacted the boy’s father, who was a policeman. Either way, we took immediate action, as we sacked Neely, and discussed the issue with the boy’s parent.

Surely it would be up to the boy’s parent to take the matter further, whether that be reporting a crime or demanding charges be brought? I remember reading the interview a while ago when the guy was apparently looking for compensation, and it became clear his father did not want to pursue the matter further at the time, as the issue had been dealt with and Neely had been immediately dismissed.

As far as I am concerned, the guy’s current issue should be with his father for not taking it further at the time, with Hibs for not flagging up his previous crimes, and not Rangers. Apologies if that offends anyone, or appears biased, but it is true.

With regards Neely, there appears to be confusion whether we contacted the police, or just contacted the boy’s father, who was a policeman. Either way, we took immediate action, as we sacked Neely, and discussed the issue with the boy’s parent.

Surely it would be up to the boy’s parent to take the matter further, whether that be reporting a crime or demanding charges be brought? I remember reading the interview a while ago when the guy was apparently looking for compensation, and it became clear his father did not want to pursue the matter further at the time, as the issue had been dealt with and Neely had been immediately dismissed.

As far as I am concerned, the guy’s current issue should be with his father for not taking it further at the time, with Hibs for not flagging up his previous crimes, and not Rangers. Apologies if that offends anyone, or appears biased, but it is true.
We will have to wait and see what transpires.
Just hope that Rangers PR team are ' on the ball ' 100%

Kevin Kelly seems to be a constant presence throughout the years. Just saying.

He will not get the media exposure he deserves, Kevin Kelly’s daughter held the position of assistant editor at BBC radio Scotland – The same organisation who wouldn’t air Gordon Woods response to Pat Nevin’s interview

Or if he does he will just forget anything he is asked.

Why has the report omitted many testimonies from those abused at Celtic? They are facing action from over 20 survivors this year. I don’t see over 20 testimonies. It appears the report has cherry picked cases across clubs to try and maintain a balance. Total whitewash. Truly disgusting. Time for real action.

Also, in page 10, it states and ‘Apology Act’ was brought in by the SNP government during 2016, funnily enough when the review was announced:-

1.33. The Apology (Scotland) Act 2016 however explicitly removes any perceived impediment to issuing an apology as such an apology “is not admissible as evidence of anything relevant to the determination of liability in connection with that matter, and cannot be used in any other way to the prejudice of the person by or on behalf of whom the apology was made”.

Why has the report omitted many testimonies from those abused at Celtic? They are facing action from over 20 survivors this year. I don’t see over 20 testimonies. It appears the report has cherry picked cases across clubs to try and maintain a balance. Total whitewash. Truly disgusting. Time for real action.

Also, in page 10, it states and ‘Apology Act’ was brought in by the SNP government during 2016, funnily enough when the review was announced:-

1.33. The Apology (Scotland) Act 2016 however explicitly removes any perceived impediment to issuing an apology as such an apology “is not admissible as evidence of anything relevant to the determination of liability in connection with that matter, and cannot be used in any other way to the prejudice of the person by or on behalf of whom the apology was made”.
I notice that the end of each section listing these terrible activities is a paragraph entitled "Who in Scottish football knew at the time?".

That conveniently avoids any investigation into a club who found out later, and proactively covered up decades of systemic abuse to save the club's reputation.

Back