Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday 29th - Sky Sports **

"Rangers have now conceded more goals against Celtic in the last two seasons than we did in all Old Firm games combined under Walter Smith in the 90s."

Holy %^*&.

Apparently that's the first 5-0 scudding there has been in the SPFL this season. I wouldn't have thought that.

our next 4 signings better be animals for the back 4

I think he will see it. End of the road for your Windass types

"My teams will be physical. I see that we need that more. It is important you channel it in the right way," said the former midfielder.

"As a player I got many, many tackles wrong and went over the top a few times and I had to come out and apologise and that is not something I want to put into young players at all but you have to prepare them for the top and the top level is physical and demanding.

"It is not just about tackles and competing. I hate watching footballers and football when there is no physical side and they don't compete.

"There is a show-boating mentality throughout academies now and a lot of kids who play the game think they have to do 10 lollipops or Cruyff turns to stand out.

"We all love a bit of skill and talent but the other side of the game is huge, it is massive.

"Too many try to model themselves on players like (Cristiano) Ronaldo when you have to look at yourself and say, 'What are my strengths and how can I improve my weaknesses?'"

Gerrard admits he likes "streetwise" footballers but accepts the modern-day academy produces too many 'soft' players.

Yet again we were absolute muck from start to finish. I can see at least 2 more beatings coming our way before the season is out. Our stand-in manager needs to be hounded out the club, not one of these player should wear the jersey ever again, and the board and the execs, like that smiley accountant & ineffectual DoF, need to accept that they have made a complete balls of this season. Although it's all ok because uncle AJ says we are ahead of the curve.

Db9DyZ-XcAAXkFw.jpg

Apparently this is where the POTY awards ceremony is tonight.

Hopefully mass-protests as the imposters are wined & dined.

Utter dross. Never thought I’d see the day when we gifted them the league at the piggery, Struth would be turning in his grave. Had to switch off with 5 mins to go cause I couldn’t stomach seeing the paedo harbourers lift the trophy.

In time, we’ll be the dominant team again. And when we are, we need to be making our scorelines against them look like rugby scores.

Murty was toast weeks ago if not months ago,what a disgrace again from him and the players..and the board don't come out of this well too..

Gutless and will finish a few of them no doubt and rightly so.

WATP

I think that losing to them at home was the turning point in the squad. Prior to that we were on a run & had a genuine chance of giving them a scare.

His tactics that day would’ve had the players backs up - let’s be honest, within the first team, there won’t be a lot of respect for the youth coach.

It’s been downhill from that result and I would t be surprised if there was a dressing room fallout before the Semi let alone what we saw during the game.

The really sad thing is that there was not one performer today. Players like Tav and Dorrans should be hanging their heads in shame.

Stevie G will have a budget that will astound the no money brigade, wait and see later next week, if anyone thinks he is coming to play second fiddle to Rodgers they are very much mistaken, and the board have to be applauded for this, especially King who made this happen and crucially is supplying unbelievable funds.
I hope you’re right mate because we need a full new backline alone!

George Taylor, Johnston and Wolhardt. Roll on end of this horrific season so we can get on with the rebuild.
Yes, but Gerard's budget will astound you, it certainly astounds me, if a trusted source hadn't told me this, I would be saying what a load of crap, there is no way we have this amount of money, I am trying to check with other ITK guys, but 2 separate people have told me the same amount, I would love to post this, but it would betray a confidence from a trusted friend, so no way would I do that.

That was woeful, I switched off after 2. That saddest part is that it was totally expected. I can't recall a worse season (on the park) in my lifetime.

Who would you sign if not signing a consistent performer in the Midfield of the EPL? Who is your target list?
We are in shit creek.We can't get over the mediocrity level.
Until we have good money pumped in then we are going to kid ourselves on for a while.
We shouted out for Dorrans, Murphy and a few who are at this mediocre level, but is it doing the job ? Let's be realistic we need cash and only then we can get excited by getting decent players.
Quite simply we are asking to much for any manager to come in and do a job with our financial position.

I think that losing to them at home was the turning point in the squad. Prior to that we were on a run & had a genuine chance of giving them a scare.

His tactics that day would’ve had the players backs up - let’s be honest, within the first team, there won’t be a lot of respect for the youth coach.

It’s been downhill from that result and I would t be surprised if there was a dressing room fallout before the Semi let alone what we saw during the game.

The really sad thing is that there was not one performer today. Players like Tav and Dorrans should be hanging their heads in shame.

You talk of respect for the coach but FFS surely they have respect for themselves as professionals

Yes, but Gerard's budget will astound you, it certainly astounds me, if a trusted source hadn't told me this, I would be saying what a load of crap, there is no way we have this amount of money, I am trying to check with other ITK guys, but 2 separate people have told me the same amount, I would love to post this, but it would betray a confidence from a trusted friend, so no way would I do that.

Was discussed on Gerrad thread yesterday Admin Doc Stone special announcement midweek may even be Wednesday he said would need to check back. But 4ladshadadream got wind of it months ago and put it in a blog appears time has come to make it known.

Genuinely don't care if we finish 2nd or 4th.

The players are a disgrace and they will never be forgiven for this. I wouldn't care if we sold any one of them. Bastards

Until we have good money pumped in then we are going to kid ourselves on for a while.
We shouted out for Dorrans, Murphy and a few who are at this mediocre level, but is it doing the job ? Let's be realistic we need cash and only then we can get excited by getting decent players.
Quite simply we are asking to much for any manager to come in and do a job with our financial position.

Wait until next week is out. Reason Board wrote season off by leaving Murty in charge planning for next season already started between Board, Allen and their investment partners in December. Announcement next week following Gerrard announcement.

However Arfield is a superb footballer and far better than what we have seen, that's why John Hughes was begging Celtic too hijack the move.

2 separate guys listened to the same nonsense from the same guy.
This is the rubbish that always comes out when season tickets are for sale.

You know nothing, spouting I'll informed pish wait and see what happens, however you are 100% correct re Dorrans Ann Murphy two absolute bottlers.

Worst defeat to them in my near 55 years on the planet. Biggest defeat for any of the 12 top division teams in the league this season.
Gerrard will be having second thoughts unless he is getting massive money, because the entire playing and coaching staff need gutted out and almost started from scratch. We have kidded ourselves on a few times we were looking on the way back to where we belong, but the truth is we are Rangers in name only right now.
Spineless, gutless cowards from top to bottom. The board owe us a huge apology, and if they don't have the fight in them to tackle our enemies on and off the park, and also to provide the funds we need, then they have to look to involve others who have.
First decision must be relieve Murty of his job tonight.
Well said!

Stevie G will have a budget that will astound the no money brigade, wait and see later next week, if anyone thinks he is coming to play second fiddle to Rodgers they are very much mistaken, and the board have to be applauded for this, especially King who made this happen and crucially is supplying unbelievable funds.
I hope your right mate, unbelievable funds will be needed. £30 million plus

For all the leaked information from the board or whoever, these are He same cunts that kept Murty in a change and have almost strangled a potential income stream with no European football

Aye, we’ll see.

You know nothing, spouting I'll informed pish wait and see what happens, however you are 100% correct re Dorrans Ann Murphy two absolute bottlers.
True I'm not ITK.
I can only go with what is in front of me and experience.Also the standard of player we are buying.
Rumours keep coming and going.

I actually feel sick too my stomach after watching that.

I fully expected it. But I'm not accepting it. We can't accept mediocrity. The day we accept this is the day we are no longer a club, the day we have bowed to those fucking rhats.

If we're going to stop their shite any time soon then we start right now. Get Gerrard in, turn things around and get next season's show on the road immediately. Get all the players sacked, start afresh. Let Gerrard bring his own players in. Let them have a nice big holiday before they start their hard work. We need a young, fresh squad. We need money. We can't let the fans stop buying season tickets as that only plunges us even further into the realms of mediocrity.

From now on we start supporting this club and turn things around. Use the anguish of today for the future.

Utter dross. Never thought I’d see the day when we gifted them the league at the piggery, Struth would be turning in his grave. Had to switch off with 5 mins to go cause I couldn’t stomach seeing the paedo harbourers lift the trophy.

In time, we’ll be the dominant team again. And when we are, we need to be making our scorelines against them look like rugby scores.
Did likewise mate couldn't bear it.

Back