Match Thread ** Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday 29th - Sky Sports **

As much as I had no doubt that they would win this today given the circumstances, it really was an abysmal showing. This team are done. Very poor performance, but it all comes from the manager. Some of those players have talent, but they lack the confidence that a good manager can instil in a team. As for the manager. He lacks guile and is too weak to manage Rangers. We will now struggle to get second place, but maybe that's a blessing in disguise. We won't go very far in Europe if we make it there and therefore won't make a lot of cash from the fixtures anyway. Perhaps it's better to bed in what will very likely be a new squad of players in the early part of the season. One last thing. We beat them at THEIR place to win the league. Much sweeter than this will be for them. Even though I'm pissed off. WATP.

I turned tv off at 2 as I know the pattern of this team they simply give up.

When I seen 5-0 after 40 mins I would have bet my house they would get at least 7 even not having seen the game I suspect that was more due to them taking the foot of the gas than anything we did

No words.

Surely it wasn't this bad in the 80s?

Must be the furthest we've ever been from them.

Nope. Even Greigs teams tended to make them work for it. This sounds kinda stupid but I was relieved at 5. I thought they might have hit double figures. I attended the 6-2. In our team we had Kios
Amo and Barry. We can come back from this. I doubt we would have sold 25k STs on the back of an 8-0.

Just because he hasn't been announced. All will be revealed. Not my place to say. So I will let next week do its on talkin on the matter. But most of that sqaud are at risk and Gerrard will have the funds to build his own, substantially more than Warburton or Pedro got.

most of that squad are at risk?

they are fucking useless and worse, spineless

and who appointed/signed them as a group?

i have no faith whatsoever in this Board to do anything right

Amazing how little confidence the squad have. There is some talented players in there as well but they have totally fell apart since the 3-2 defeat and look like bottom of the league players. McCrorie, who I'm a big fan of, just looks completely lost back there with Martin beside him. Our 'midfield' run around with no shape and can't defend or support the attack. I actually can't believe Dorrans played in the EPL on that showing. Murty can't galvanise them or get the most out of each player and for that he needs to go today. Enough is enough.

Trying to be rational after watching that, this time I don't think it was gutless ,just that we have far inferior players compered to them at them moment. It says it all when our goalkeeper was our best player by a country mile, and was also blameless for any of the goals. In fact, it's only because of him that they never put fecking 10 by us.

Murty out now and get Gerrard in ASAP.

Murty has chucked it completely.
Any new manager would be nuts to take over just now, they need a freash start and a full preseason to clear out the dross! Best we can hope for is Jimmy Nic for the next few games.

Just because he hasn't been announced. All will be revealed. Not my place to say. So I will let next week do its on talkin on the matter. But most of that sqaud are at risk and Gerrard will have the funds to build his own, substantially more than Warburton or Pedro got.

The sooner the better.

:mad:5-0...The Great Escape
We were spineless for 60 minutes.
The buck stops at you Murty.:mad:

I couldn't watch it. I knew what would happen. I saw it was 5-0 after 53 min. I think it was a Great Escape too. I fully expected it to finish 7-0 or 8-0. They had the time to do it.

No excuses. Even a crap team like us should never have capitulated so easily. I cannot believe how bad we are. Is it too much to ask for a team that is willing to fight?

That's twice in successive games that the poets have failed to hit a record score against us. For that consolation I'm grateful, otherwise, utterly humiliating for us, the Rangers support, who are the only ones who really give a damn. The players can't fill their jerseys, and most of them don't appear to be that bothered that they can't. Thank God it's US that are RANGERS, not the imposters on the pitch.

Trying to be rational after watching that, this time I don't think it was gutless ,just that we have far inferior players compered to them at them moment. It says it all when our goalkeeper was our best player by a country mile, and was also blameless for any of the goals. In fact, it's only because of him that they never put fecking 10 by us.
thats the most worrying thing, I thought they actually tried

Morelos, a young player from Colombia, a player who has played non stop over nearly two seasons, was the only player today who showed any passion to play for Rangers in the lions den, despite our team having a good few Rangers minded players in it. Let that sink in.

How it wasn't 10-0 today is beyond a surprise for me.

We have had better Rangers teams than this current Celtic one
Celtic have had worse teams than this current Rangers one
Yet when we were miles ahead of them we always had to fight hard to win the games and occasionally lost some to them.
No fight no passion no pride at all in this team or manager
I dont want to hear any excuses we should at least make it difficult for them and go down with a fight not this meek surrendering we have seen this season

Hope the above makes sense Im not even angry anymore just disgusted and sad.
Regrettably IMHO it's not just fight passion and pride - it's also self belief, confidence and a basic understanding of your own strengths while fully recognising your weaknesses
As we're totally rudderless and leaderless on and off the park we'll never turn this around or acquire these skills till we improve all factions from top to bottom
Having strong management with duff players & vice versa - or a decent manager & players without a board to help back them up - will simply leave weak links in the chain

I never thought I would ever say this, but I'm genuinely relieved it stopped at 0-5. That could easily have been double figures today.

Me too. 5-0 and if I had to sum that up in one word - ‘relief’. Yes, I’m angry and feel overwhelmingly disappointed but that last 40 mins I was sick to the pit of my stomach worrying how many more would get past us.

We keep talking about investment, investment, investment. That whole Sellik team didn’t cost a huge amount to assemble with some coming through their youth set up as well.

Don’t know who I’d keep out of that shower of sh1te

Yes mate. he is decent, no better. As you say. he is not a centre half. I admit i did think he was until the last few games. Is he a DM that SG wants in his team? I really doubt it.
Me too mate, hopefully he is, but I have to say I have real doubts about this boy?

I turned tv off at 2 as I know the pattern of this team they simply give up.

When I seen 5-0 after 40 mins I would have bet my house they would get at least 7 even not having seen the game I suspect that was more due to them taking the foot of the gas than anything we did
must've been watching a different game , it was 3 at halftime furfuxake

3-0 down at half time and not even one substitution made at half time! Why was Morelos not taken on straight away when we clearly missed his hold up play?! The choice of 3 decent midfielders to come on and try to get hold of the midfield and he waits until we concede another 2!
Your average supporter could have controlled things better than Murty today

I’m sure it is a Uefa rule that it is only the cup winners that get a European place, it changed quite recently

- 5-0 flattered us.

- Every one of these players will be forever tainted with capitulation after capitulation against Celtic.

- Not one person at our club should be sat thinking they are doing an acceptable job. From top to bottom they need to vastly improve their performance or get out.

Through all my years following Rangers home and away and abroad,I never ever fucking ever thought I would see the day where I came away from a mentally challenged game relieved that they fucking scumbags only got 5
Murty out right now,shameful,disgraceful,incompetent,gutless,spineless,pathetic just all out fucking shite.

Last edited:
Back