Classic Rangers picture thread

ItsInTheNet

Fans spill onto the pitch during the semi final 2nd leg of the Fair Cities Cup tie at St James Park in 1969 following a clash between Newcastle's Wyn Davies and Ronnie McKinnon in a trouble strewn game.
Willie Henderson (7) and Andy Penman (8) are the Rangers players there.
Posted this on Sunday and decided to look closer into the crowd tonight and amazingly found myself with my wee mucker, a great bluenose in the pic. We follow followed everywhere together.

Lost touch with him over the years. He would have loved it. Brings fantastic atmospheric memories back of that extremly eventful evening.

This thread is in danger of getting me an emotional wreck what with finding my father in a pic of the Moscow Dynamo game of 1945 after it was posted on here.

Another framed pic for the wall coming up!

What a thread right enough ! :)o_O:))

Last edited:

Clicker

Posted this on Sunday and decided to look closer into the crowd tonight and amazingly found myself with my wee mucker, a great bluenose in the pic. We follow followed everywhere together.

Lost touch with him over the years. He would have loved it. Brings fantastic atmospheric memories back of that extremly evenful evening.

This thread is in danger of getting me an emotional wreck what with finding my father in a pic of the Moscow Dynamo game of 1945 after it was posted on here.

Another framed pic for the wall coming up!

What a thread right enough ! :)o_O:))
Looking at that picture, and any others from the same era, it always strikes me how many of the crowd went to the match in a collar and tie. Thinking back to when I went on a supporters bus in the 70s most of the guys apart from us daft teenagers did the same.

ItsInTheNet

Looking at that picture, and any others from the same era, it always strikes me how many of the crowd went to the match in a collar and tie. Thinking back to when I went on a supporters bus in the 70s most of the guys apart from us daft teenagers did the same.
It was pretty commonplace.It was sometimes a collar and tie alongside the 3 piece suit for me :):))