Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Saved listening to this until now and it’s glorious LOL!

Let’s be blunt the only managers who stick around in scotland are either fans of the club they manage and who see the club they are at as the pinnacle of their career or the type who are at a middling club and are just happy working away at that level

Like Gerrard with us Postecoglu has seen Celtic as a stepping stone to the EPL and he has done well to get a club of Spurs size. I’m not sure why these Celtic fans are so upset. The guy has won trophies and sees a move to a better club

If Mick Beale is a success with us and he leaves to go to a big club in England you accept it as he is English guy who will want to prove himself down there

Let’s be blunt the only managers who stick around in scotland are either fans of the club they manage and who see the club they are at as the pinnacle of their career or the type who are at a middling club and are just happy working away at that level

Like Gerrard with us Postecoglu has seen Celtic as a stepping stone to the EPL and he has done well to get a club of Spurs size. I’m not sure why these Celtic fans are so upset. The guy has won trophies and sees a move to a better club

If Mick Beale is a success with us and he leaves to go to a big club in England you accept it as he is English guy who will want to prove himself down there

Yep, nobody managing in Scotland is knocking back Spurs. You're not getting a Man Utd or Chelsea etc so Spurs are as good as it gets. Hilarious that they thought there's even the slightest chance he'd knock them back.

Like Gerrard with us Postecoglu has seen Celtic as a stepping stone to the EPL and he has done well to get a club of Spurs size. I’m not sure why these Celtic fans are so upset. The guy has won trophies and sees a move to a better club.
It’ll be a combination of being sad he’s up and vanished just when they thought he was about to start something special, and anger at confirmation again that they are a stepping stone club, they are a selling club. It’s just a fact for the both of us as long as we play in this backwater.

I’m not sure why these Celtic fans are so upset. The guy has won trophies and sees a move to a better club
Because they haven't learned from Gerrard and Rodgers

Rodgers going on about being a big celtic man walking round parkhead doing the 10 in a row gestures only to leave as soon as Leicester came in.

Gerrard saying in an interview saying he was happy at Rangers only to leave for Villa a short time later

Now Ange was giving it I'm only at celtic until the Club don't want me only to leave as soon as spurs come in for him, you need to take what managers say with pinch of salt

Jock Wallace left after winning two trebles in three years, I don't recall any animosity toward him, quite the opposite
I fully expect Michael Beale to move on from us if as I hope and expect he is successful and if he does he will go with my best wishes. Celtic supporters on the other hand seem unable to accept that. They really are a strange lot and seem unable to accept the fact Scottish football is looked on as a backwater outside Scotland and only Rangers European exploits in recent years (this year excepted of course) have slightly raised the profile of the game here not to mention the coefficient which meant that celtic went straight into the champions league sections thereby avoiding something that they have been unable to do for years and that is win a European qualifier. It would have been interesting if celtic had to play a qualifier and had been eliminated whether Spurs would have been interested in him.

If I was a betting man I would go for Maresca. Part of the City group, a Pep understudy that probably won't require much compo & won't demand a high wage.

They've been trying to standardise their recruitment practices for years & I think they believe they have cracked it with the City feeder group model.

We live in a world where the EPL is a merry go round for managers. The only thing for certain is half the managers will change in a season. AS long as that is the case if we have a successful manager then we will lose them to the bigger league and bigger money.

That isn't a bad thing it is just a fact of life.

In the shop this morning getting rolls and heard two tims talking to each other about Ange. Usual kinda stuff but one said he was livid that he had the cheek to mention Tommy Burns recently.
I've seen quite a bit of this too - Tims raging that Postecoglue mentioned (or quoted; I'm not sure which) Tommy Burns.

What's that all about? Are they starting to understand that Burns was one of the more complicit 'entities' in the cover-up of the appalling goings-on at their club and want what has been swept under their bulging carpet to remain there? I'm genuinely confused!

I've seen quite a bit of this too - Tims raging that Postecoglue mentioned (or quoted; I'm not sure which) Tommy Burns.

What's that all about? Are they starting to understand that Burns was one of the more complicit 'entities' in the cover-up of the appalling goings-on at their club and want what has been swept under their bulging carpet to remain there? I'm genuinely confused!
The same Tommy Burns that was such a legend and despite being employed by the club at the time of his death they wouldn't postpone a match but 4 months earlier postponed a match following the death of a bit part player who had left the club years earlier.

So apparently Ange recently mentioned something about Tommy Burns along the lines of how his presence is still felt around the club and all the usual sort of stuff.

I gather that the tims are raging that he had the audacity to say all this stuff about Burns, then bugger off the next week.

At least that's what I think their issue is but %^*& knows.

Jock Wallace left after winning two trebles in three years, I don't recall any animosity toward him, quite the opposite
Was there not a degree of confusion at the time because he seemed to resign without reason at the time and went to Leicester? I know since then there have been some accepted theories such as wages but it seemed to come out of the blue at the time?

Was there not a degree of confusion at the time because he seemed to resign without reason at the time and went to Leicester? I know since then there have been some accepted theories such as wages but it seemed to come out of the blue at the time?
It’s different times now with the advent of social media. Back then you were informed via the daily papers. Big Jock left as he apparently had a fall out with the board. That was all we were told. No one had a bad word to say about him. A proper Rangers man.

See Hannah , is he a paid employee of bheast fc , coz whenever he opens his accent I could punch mouth it’s seltek this selteck that

There's other things that come into it with lifestyle balance, home location, family life. Scotland has a lot going for it in terms of things to see and do on time-off. I believe Beale stays in a great location with easy access to the central belt and the Highlands. No doubt he will want to manage in England again at some point but there will be many more overnight trips required when playing in England meaning the work/life balance isn't as good. And most importantly - there really isn't another club like Rangers.

There's other things that come into it with lifestyle balance, home location, family life. Scotland has a lot going for it in terms of things to see and do on time-off. I believe Beale stays in a great location with easy access to the central belt and the Highlands. No doubt he will want to manage in England again at some point but there will be many more overnight trips required when playing in England meaning the work/life balance isn't as good. And most importantly - there really isn't another club like Rangers.

I'm sure someone said in another thread that Brendan Rodgers bought a house in Milngavie recently because his family like it up here.

The same Tommy Burns that was such a legend and despite being employed by the club at the time of his death they wouldn't postpone a match but 4 months earlier postponed a match following the death of a bit part player who had left the club years earlier.
The players were too upset to play through the Phil O'donnell sad death but they were OK about Burns because "it's what he would have wanted" of course it was absolutely nothing to do with injuries or form on either of those occasions.Ie playing shite and carrying an injury list when O'Donnell passed but I jury free and on form when Burns passed away.

I tend to keep away from all things that mob but i do enjoy their meltdowns

Currently in the Garden in Loyalist Seaton with a can of juice just grinning away

BTW i think Moyes will be their new manager FWIW

Pig ignorant Tim's %^*& me if our manager won the trophys and decided time had come to move on I would wish him all the best .As being said when Big Jock Wallace left for Leicester after his treble not the pure bile that fat ange is getting their the most entitled bunch of wanks in football . Iam laughing my head off at them and only listening because this is entertainment .

Don’t kid yourself. If there was an offer Beale would be off too. You’re going for 10s of millions. A few overnights won’t put anyone off that.

Dalziel wants to give it to Kennedy. Says the fans are looking for a big name not a big nose!
Dalziel’s as big an idiot as those that wear the green & grey.

I gave up listening to last nights after about 20 mins of Keevins (he knew) & Hanna gushing over the fat bastard “pure dignity & class” aye right ye are ya pair of honks. - not one iota of integrity between the pair of them.

Dalziel’s as big an idiot as those that wear the green & grey.

I gave up listening to last nights after about 20 mins of Keevins (he knew) & Hanna gushing over the fat bastard “pure dignity & class” aye right ye are ya pair of honks. - not one iota of integrity between the pair of them.

Hannah is an utter shitebag and terrified of Celtc and the peasants. Keevins is as heartbroken as the the rest of them today.

Back