Copa Libertadores 2019

There's just something that makes you smile when you read Mac Allister scores the winner for Boca.

Love the highlights packages. Just crowd noise.

Watched the Emelec v Flamengo game last night, mainly because my (legal) stream for the Boca game kept failing. Not a bad game at all, pressure from Flamengo but Emelec always looking dangerous on the break. Thought their chances of getting the win had gone when the were 1 up with 30 mins to go but down to 10 men after a deserved red card.

There's just something that makes you smile when you read Mac Allister scores the winner for Boca.

Love the highlights packages. Just crowd noise.

Watched the Emelec v Flamengo game last night, mainly because my (legal) stream for the Boca game kept failing. Not a bad game at all, pressure from Flamengo but Emelec always looking dangerous on the break. Thought their chances of getting the win had gone when the were 1 up with 30 mins to go but down to 10 men after a deserved red card.

Cracking result for Boca. With the signings they've made they really seem to be going all out for the Libertadores.

Been a poor start for Flamengo's new manager, Jorge Jesus. 1 win in his first 5 matches. Wont be long before the knives are out if results don't improve, especially with their recent signings. Good result for Emelec.

Cracking result for Boca. With the signings they've made they really seem to be going all out for the Libertadores.

After last season, it's become all-consuming and the concern is that it's going to potentially suffocate the team. Not a great start under Alfaro but last night was a terrific result.

Benedetto and potentially Nandez will be big losses.

After last season, it's become all-consuming and the concern is that it's going to potentially suffocate the team. Not a great start under Alfaro but last night was a terrific result.

Benedetto and potentially Nandez will be big losses.

I've read that the deal is agreed for Nandez to go to Cagliari after the Athletico tie is completed.

I've read that the deal is agreed for Nandez to go to Cagliari after the Athletico tie is completed.

Ah, really. That's disappointing. I suppose De Rossi is a replacement - an exciting signing in many respects but let's see how it works out.

At least, Boca might be back to Adidas from 2020. A decision to made over the new few weeks after a sizable offer from the company.

EAUuv9bXkAEss-A.jpg:large

Highlights of Gremio's gme aren't up yet so I'll post them later.

A quick quiz question whilst we wait: can you name the two Europeans who have won the Libertadores?

The red card in the Palmeiras v Godoy Cruz game was a shocker. Bring on an 18yo when you're crashing out of the tournament and he goes and tries to break somebody's leg.

Flamengo seem in trouble against Emelec - can they turn that round?

Fla fascinate me...a huge club, biggest in world some say, but seem to crumble under the weight of expectation. Always badly run, or bankrupt, or unlucky...

Flamengo seem in trouble against Emelec - can they turn that round?

Fla fascinate me...a huge club, biggest in world some say, but seem to crumble under the weight of expectation. Always badly run, or bankrupt, or unlucky...

Don't watch Brazilian football and I've only seen the brief highlights on twitter, but with the squad they have they should be able to turn it around. From the little I read the big moan was about the tactics used: Rafinha as a winger etc...If they go out I'd imagine Jesus will be lucky to keep his job - no pressure then.:D

Interesting that we're probably looking at two all Brazilian quarter finals so we will lose 2 from Brazil...opening up a bit for the others.

Back