Cringy Football Patter

“The football club” seems to be more common now than ever before. It seems to be used by ex players to try to sound more intelligent when they could just insert the relevant club name

Up go the heads. What happens to the rest of the body?
That shot went straight down the keepers throat. Boy thats gonna hurt.
Straight into the onion bag.WTF?

“The football club” seems to be more common now than ever before. It seems to be used by ex players to try to sound more intelligent when they could just insert the relevant club name
The recent (I think) trend of calling the ball ‘the football’ annoys me more than it probably should.

Eg ‘We kept possession of the football well today’

The press, high press etc. When did this start , don’t think I had heard the phrase before last season and now it gets mentioned ten times every game I watch. Almost as if before last season everybody just stood about scratching their ar&es until the other team were in their box.

Onion Bag
Game of two halves
‘The big Euro nights’ at Nonce FC
Friend of the show/Wand of a left foot etc, etc - basically anything said by a nasally whined football hack
‘Centre Mids’ for Central Midfield

One of Ian Crocker-Schitt's favourites: "On derby day in <insert name of city>"

He'll repeat it god knows how many times during any derby match.

Anyone who's opinion differs from mine "should really take up another sport" or "football is not for you"
Prevelant on FF

Remember watching the champions league highlights on STV a few years back and Terry Butcher was one of the pundits in studio.

Porto game was on and Hulk scored for them.

Remember TB coming out with these 2

This guy is incredible

And

You have to MARVEL at this guy (with OTT emphasis on the word marvel)

I’ll give you one straight from here

“He’s still raw”

Applied to literally any young player regardless of how well developed they are. “The blue pound” can go on the list too.

I absolutely hate “the blue pound” term, it’s awful.

This needs said -
All the posters, mostly adults too, who twist a word to read as something derogatory eg

Hampdump
Shitoddrie
Murderwell
Dumbele

It’s fuckin pathetic and unbelievably unfunny

Players too like Fartson or Samararse. I actually find some of them quite funny and inventive.

A poster on here last season was referring to them as Demsmelly and Stinkclair, woeful patter

Reactions: VGM
Onion bag is one for us oldies.Humour us,please.:p
Poster on here referred to our manager as
"Gerro" in a recent thread.
Cut that shite right out.

Basically all pre and post match interviews with media trained footballers. Zzzzzzz

Back