Cryptic Kent Speaks

Pmwatp

Those saying we have Jones now I assume are fishing

As good as Jones has been, he isn’t a patch on Kent.

I’d be delighted if we got Kent back.
A thought that aswell but comon he has started a hell of a lot betrer than kent did and kent was known of the Bristol City flop by the papers no one thought kent would turn out so good so who knows how good jones is going to be hes with better players and team now i think we will get better returns from jones but i love kent and would love him back

AriseSirWalter

Those saying we have Jones now I assume are fishing

As good as Jones has been, he isn’t a patch on Kent.

I’d be delighted if we got Kent back.
If Jones can be consistent with his performances of the last two games then I'd start him over Kent.

Kent may be more technically gifted and has more tricks from what I've seen but Jones looks like he might be more effective. He looks more willing to run at defenders and looks to have a better end product. I say 'looks like' as it's far too early to judge but I think both Ojo and Jones will post more assists and Ojo will certainly get more goals than Kent did last season.

I'd love us to get Kent back but if Jones continues with the levels shown against hibs and the Danes then Kent, unless he's improved over the summer, wouldn't be a guaranteed starter for me.

Alcrinz

Would love to have him back on loan .
Don't really get all the Instagram shite
But ffs Ryan Kent .." Don't bite the hand that feeds you "
Get your nut down and go through the proper channels .

KGR98

I know he's a great player and many want him here but imagine Morelos done something similar if we rejected a move to the EPL for him there would be uproar on here

Laudrup's Right Foot

Neither is Barker but I don't see why we need all three when other areas need addressed.

Barker has a similar style of play and his career is not too far off what Kent's was prior to joining us. Barker was also more highly rated as a youngster than what Kent was. Should we not try and develop him and see what he's all about first?
We should be looking to improve our first 11 always

If Kent becomes available, he instantly improves our first 11 therefore he should be signed

Official Ticketer
Would assume it's aimed at Liverpool but surely "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you" is a reference to the Kent top accidentally going back up on the Gers store for like an hour a week ago?

eastenclosurebear

I know he's a great player and many want him here but imagine Morelos done something similar if we rejected a move to the EPL for him there would be uproar on here
Exactly why we should keep out of his and Liverpools beef.

We've asked, they said no, just leave it at that unless they change their mind and we get notified. We don't want to rock the boat, we clearly have a good relationship with them at present.

legalbeagle

They aren't doing anything for him now other than threatening to stump his development, he has every right to be upset.

And its hardly a tantrum.
They are paying him, and he needs to be more professional than this.

Would love to see what your view would be on a Rangers player acting like this.

Moreover, Rangers will be keen to keep Liverpool onside, so we will be miles away from this immature daftness.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
This thread started at 2:51 and has gathered 6 pages already. Thinking to myself wow something must have happened I eagerly open if up, read the first few posts but nothing much happening.
So with great anticipation I decide to go straight to the last page to garnish the exciting developments. Really I should know FF by now. Would it be wide of the mark to guess everything in the middle is drivel too? :rolleyes:

Its-Sebo

This thread started at 2:51 and has gathered 6 pages already. Thinking to myself wow something must have happened I eagerly open if up, read the first few posts but nothing much happening.
So with great anticipation I decide to go straight to the last page to garnish the exciting developments. Really I should know FF by now. Would it be wide of the mark to guess everything in the middle is drivel too? :rolleyes:
Drivel from back to front, including my posts.

But we all want Kent so it's understandable

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Drivel from back to front, including my posts.

But we all want Kent so it's understandable
I'm on holiday so went for a wee afternoon nap, otherwise I'd have been contributing :D

You know what it's like though sometimes it just seems too many posts not to be something exciting. As I said though I should know though.

CaptainCourageous

We are actively looking to move players out. We will see where the squad is at come the end of the transfer window. Gerrard wants 2 players for every position and even bringing Kent back, we could be in that position when we move guys out the door.

I actually agree Barker seems a pointless signing when we already have Jones. Said as much the other day but Kent is a different kettle of fish we simply need to move for a player of his quality if its doable.
Barker isn't too dissimilar to Kent prior to joining Rangers - baring injury (9 hamstring injuries).

Gerrard had spoken about his style. Surely he's got to be given a chance to see if he's got what it takes and if the coaching staff can improve him, like Kent. Sitting on the bench or in the stands won't do Barker any good. He's the same age as Kent and needs to be playing football.

People will say he won't be on much money but that's not the point. It's still a transfer fee and wages plus another body in a bloated squad.

I would take Kent over Jones and Barker every day of the week FWIW.

Its-Sebo

I'm on holiday so went for a wee afternoon nap, otherwise I'd have been contributing :D

You know what it's like though sometimes it just seems too many posts not to be something exciting. As I said though I should know though.
I know exactly what it's like :D

A wee skip of the heartbeat when you see a huge amount of posts in a short space of time, only for the excitement to sap away as page by page you flick through and realise it's all just people talking shîte and posting gifs of knobs getting polished.

Love it!

KL2

It's not really similar though.

It would be similar if we told him he had no future at Rangers, refused him a move he badly wanted and stuck him in the under 23's to rot... It's a weird situation.

LarkfiedLoyalNS

It's not really similar though.

It would be similar if we told him he had no future at Rangers, refused him a move he badly wanted and stuck him in the under 23's to rot... It's a weird situation.
Don’t understand why people are trying to say or believe otherwise mate it’s crazy.

Rangerstillidie

Official Ticketer
Kent might not be a dead deal depending who goes out the door imo.

If we can get Middleton, Hastie and Murphy all away on loan for example then I can see there being room for Kent, provided we make the Europa groups to fund it. It will go down to the last few days of the window.

Its-Sebo

Kent might not be a dead deal depending who goes out the door imo.

If we can get Middleton, Hastie and Murphy all away on loan for example then I can see there being room for Kent, provided we make the Europa groups to fund it. It will go down to the last few days of the window.
I don't think it even matters who goes out the door — if we get the opportunity to get Kent in we'll be taking it.

g/hillger

we've been told hes not available for loan and liverpool want a large fee,too large a fee for us. so we have moved on.i don't think we need RK now.he was decent for us but again we've moved on. Time to forget about Kent and get behind the players we've brought in.

jdm1873

Does anybody else think that between this and the “slave” stuff he’s making a bit of a tit of himself?
He signed the contract ffs.
He may have signed the contract but they are the ones putting a crazy price on his head. Leeds were willing to pay £5 million and they were meant to want more than double.

Hap Hapablap

A few things.

Kent can be excused being a bit pissed off, also he’s young, passionate and clearly an emotional type. I don’t think he’s been immature or disrespectful to Liverpool here at all.

He is somewhat a victim of his own ability. He’s on the books of the European champions, showed up well in pre season so I’m the inflated market down there Liverpool want what he’s worth. We can’t pay that so we can’t buy him.

Kent quite clearly has been bitten by the Rangers bug and would seem he’s willing to give us one more year on his ‘modest’ wages in a loan scenario before he cashes in on his next big contract. Let’s hope it happens.

It makes no sense for Liverpool to keep him in their reserves.

And those saying we don’t need him because of Jones need to sober up, Kent is several levels above Jones.

Last edited:

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
You're entitled to be pissed off whether you're earning £100 or £100,000 a week if your bosses are being arseholes.

There doesn't seem to be any point to Liverpools stance on him.
The issue isn’t really with his displeasure, it’s with equating being a professional footballer at Liverpool on a healthy contract, with being a slave.

Portrushbear

Or it could be a go at us depending on what u take from it

Maybe we've told him to sit tight and he's turned a deal down elsewhere and now we've signed barker we've cooled our interest leaving him in limbo

DerekSSR

He clearly wants to come back, perhaps going about it the wrong way posting that though. Why would Liverpool keep him to play youth football? Makes no sense