Dom McKay leaves Celtic

Delicious

JungleBoy

10 min. ago#2435
CEO gone. No club doctor. No Director of Football. No backroom staff for the manager. No revamp of the sports science department. No revamp of the Data Analytics department.

Gordon Strachan in. Peter Lawwell "representing" the club at European committees.

Who'd have thought?

Wonderful content, would read again!

You think this affects their play / results?

A rugby boy leaving a month into the season ?

I don't quite get that unless the guys that are left on the board are not Angeball fans is that what your thinking?

It's also a question of, is Ange a fan of them?

We have no idea who brought him in, was it McKay or the figure lurking in the background, and if it was McKay then Postecoglou might just be watching the rug being pulled from under him.

I just spat my Irn Bru all over the carpet and my trousers laughing. Ha ha ha ha. Return of Lawwell, or maybe Strachan?

Looks like he’s opened a cupboard and was confronted by many skeletons.
Or maybe photos of young players .... Oh! wait , that was the cleaner o_O

We have no idea who brought him in, was it McKay or the figure lurking in the background, and if it was McKay then Postecoglou might just be watching the rug being pulled from under him.

Well he claimed it was him for sure

He also said Strachan wasn't part of the plans

Was a Q&A thing with fan media tremendous viewing at the time tbh

That should worry the beggars. He was the CEO of Scottish Rugby for years, not just someone off the street. Now he might be shite, but looks like some old guard dont want change, that will just hold them back.

This should not be forgotten.

Yes there's always a chance someone could struggle in the "goldfish bowl" of being a manager in Glasgow, but he wasn't a daft man.

Something has happened behind the scenes.

You think this affects their play / results?

A rugby boy leaving a month into the season ?

I don't quite get that unless the guys that are left on the board are not Angeball fans is that what your thinking?
I’m thinking of the sheer upheaval and more negative headlines for them.

Their mob don’t want Pedro hanging about, let alone being in charge again, nor do they want Strachan hanging around either. If Ange was McKays man, I suspect he won’t be there for much longer.

Total upheaval and carnage over there. That cannot be a bad thing when it concerns us.

I’m thinking of the sheer upheaval and more negative headlines for them.

Their mob don’t want Pedro hanging about, let alone being in charge again, nor do they want Strachan hanging around either. If Ange was McKays man, I suspect he won’t be there for much longer.

Total upheaval and carnage over there. That cannot be a bad thing when it concerns us.

Announce Roy Keane :)

Could be ‘major players’ as in important voices in the boardroom rather than the playing staff presumably.

There will be as many cliques and old boys networks in there as there will be in the dressing room at most clubs, particularly where there are folk that have been in place for an extended period and see the new guy rocking up with his ‘ideas’ and ‘changes’.
Ahh ... of course.
Six cans of pale ale later and I need a wee bit of help from my friends. :oops:

Why would he take the job in the first place then? Don’t buy this at all.
In fairness, when my dads cancer was discovered we were told he had weeks, possibly months left, and this was just before Covid so no excuse for the NHS ignoring anything but Covid.

We got 5 months so we were lucky.

My point is, his wife could have been fine and he has just, or recently, just discovered this.

Pedro was a hate figure but they can't let him go completely. He's been there too long and knows where the bodies are buried. Hell he was there in the Trophy Centre payment years. Now the head of Legal is running the club and the outsider has been given the heave and silenced. Interesting times. Becoming more insular and battening down the hatches.

Major players behind the scenes?
What major players?

There only is McGregor and Forrest left?

These two don't seem like the sort to make any sort of waves?
Anyway, why would the CEO's activities impact the players?
What am I missing?
I thought this was a joke at first but not sure it is.

They man high profile influential people who have a say in running the club.

I honestly think after the Howe shambles they went to their contacts in The City Football Group to try and bring someone in quick to appease the fans

B
BOOM

It is understood, however, that the reasons behind the departure came after what was regarded as an inauspicious impression in the opening months of McKay’s time in charge. The feeling within the club was that it would be best for all parties if ties were severed now rather than a continuation with an appointment that was deemed to have been an imperfect fit.
Basically the board sticking the knife in for the hordes
"he was not really one of us, had to go"

I honestly think after the Howe shambles they went to their contacts in The City Football Group to try and bring someone in quick to appease the fans

I tend to subscribe to this theory myself. All the eggs were in the Eddie Howe basket long before McKay arrived on the scene, and when that went south they jumped for Postecoglu via their City contacts in a blind panic.

Which if true in and of itself would be an illustration of the problem that McKay would presumably have had next to no involvement in either of those candidates, so was he there to run the club or not?

But they got your fucking ST money didn’t they JungleBoy!

Delicious

JungleBoy

10 min. ago#2435
CEO gone. No club doctor. No Director of Football. No backroom staff for the manager. No revamp of the sports science department. No revamp of the Data Analytics department.

Gordon Strachan in. Peter Lawwell "representing" the club at European committees.

Who'd have thought?

Delicious

JungleBoy

10 min. ago#2435

Who'd have thought?
There was once a wise man, this wise man once spoke of a certain house of cards B-D

Was he blind, dumb and deaf for the last twenty odd years? (At least)

They know what they are signing up for when they go to the cesspit.

If we had a press worthy of sthe name, they'd already be yesterday's papers.

I doubt if he is deaf, blind and dumb as these are afflictions that even the Scottish mhedia could not have failed to pick up on, I'm sure.
As for Dim knowing what was ahead of him, he's not your average 'RA loving mentally challenged diehard, more a middle class, private school, posh-boy papist. I'm willing to believe that to a fair extent he will be just as astounded and disgusted as the rest of us when the TRUE extent of the hideous crimes at the Knew Camp finally become public, and even more staggered at the extent of the cover up, and all those involved in it over the decades.
I'd bet my life he was not fully briefed in ALL the sordid details right up until the door hit his arse on the way out.
Bur he would certainly have left a bit wiser than when he first walked in the door.

Delicious

JungleBoy

10 min. ago#2435

Who'd have thought?
Not much of a forward line to choose from either.

Just seen this news. That's got to be very worrying news if you are of the stinking sub human green and grey terrorist persuasion?

Don't know if it will change things much but they are a complete mess right now. I expected some competition for the title this season but between this and the Furuhashi news, they are in danger of finishings 6th place. Marvellous B-) :shh:

I doubt if he is deaf, blind and dumb as these are afflictions that even the Scottish mhedia could not have failed to pick up on, I'm sure.
As for Dim knowing what was ahead of him, he's not your average 'RA loving mentally challenged diehard, more a middle class, private school, posh-boy papist. I'm willing to believe that to a fair extent he will be just as astounded and disgusted as the rest of us when the TRUE extent of the hideous crimes at the Knew Camp finally become public, and even more staggered at the extent of the cover up, and all those involved in it over the decades.
I'd bet my life he was not fully briefed in ALL the sordid details right up until the door hit his arse on the way out.
Bur he would certainly have left a bit wiser than when he first walked in the door.
I'm not falling out with you here and have no wish to get into a heated debate.

Every yahoo with any sense of life and knowledge in the west of Scotland, political nous and awareness must know about their rancid club.

The notion that a yahoo/posh boy from a rugby background is in the dark with regards to their history just isn't flying with me.

Nah, I'm not swallowing that.

See when they were drubbing Warburton and Caixhina shite I genuinely couldn't see a way out for us. What a turnaround. They're a mess. If what happened to us happened to them they wouldn't win the league for 50 years

I celebrated Clint Hills goal like a victory.

Another they were 5 up after 50 mins, I was relieved it finished 5 0.

Now, 7 games, 6 wins, their last win was with an offside goal, some turnaround.

Back