Dutch Football

dcbear

Last game of the season underway. Ajax just need to avoid losing 14-0 at 17th place De Graafschap to clinch the league, still 0-0 after 20 mins so it's looking good.

Strange having the last day of the league season on a Wednesday.

It was meant to end on Sunday mate but all the fixtures were postponed from the weekend before the CL match so Ajax got rest ahead of Spurs. Can remember them finishing seasons on Thursday afternoons before mind, think on Kings Day over there.

Papac

Last game of the season underway. Ajax just need to avoid losing 14-0 at 17th place De Graafschap to clinch the league, still 0-0 after 20 mins so it's looking good.

Strange having the last day of the league season on a Wednesday.
I was just thinking that it's odd but they don't seem to think their society is one set of bad results away from collapsing like ours.

Papac

Commentator just said 58 games in one season is a new record for a Dutch side.

It feels like we play that many at least every year.

dcbear

I was just thinking that it's odd but they don't seem to think their society is one set of bad results away from collapsing like ours.
The commentator mentioned that they've closed all museums and public buildings for the day in case the fans get "overly boisterous" so maybe they're as uncivilised as we are.

2-1 to Ajax now.

Papac

Tadic makes it 3-1.

The commentator on Premier Sport just mentioned that was the 59th goal he'd either scored or assisted this season.

Wonder if he's making an argument for being a big fish in a small pond.

Anyone else Youssef El Jebli of De Graafschap would be a good option for us? 10 goals and 7 assists in the league from midfield at a team which is about to be relegated from the eredivisie?

Gallant_Few

Cant help but admire what Ajax achieved this season in the Champions League in getting to the semi final, seconds away from reaching the final I shall add. Some of their results where inspirational.

eyalluvitt

With Barca, PSG and Man City all preparing bids for Ajax stopper de Ligt .....Celtc are said to be interested in his younger brothers Angel and Afternoon.

dcbear

I know it's not Dutch, but close enough....

KRC Genk just drew at Anderlecht while Brugge lost at 4th placed Standard Liege (managed by FF darling Michel Preud'homme) so Genk have clinched the Belgian championship.