Francis Connor - Cheating Linesman

Sorry if already asked. Is this the same guy that was linesman for the cup semi and did not put his flag up when Maeda was 2 yards offside?

Done what he is paid to do to help his beloved ti*s, but what about their player who was down 'injured' at the offside incident as soon as ref blew for the offside that wasn't offside the player jumps up onto his feet and runs from the area, cheating bast*rd aswell :mad:

WATP

if someone knowingly cheat or tells lies to help someone gain an extra 35 million pounds at the expense of a competitor is surely a criminal act ,rangers should be demanding answers from the crook ,the stakes are two high with a guarranteed champions League place at stake ,time to get the gloves off rangers, we cant risk a repeat next season

Sorry if already asked. Is this the same guy that was linesman for the cup semi and did not put his flag up when Maeda was 2 yards offside?
I think that particular shambles was another cheat in Alan Mulvaney.....
Which one of them failed to flag mr uwaki against Hearts? Three worst offside decisions of the season, all to the benefit of one team. What’s the chances of that?

Time these two cheats were outed in the msm, even if it is only on stuff like the DR hotline. Get their cheating out into the public. It’s not incompetence, there’s a defined pattern where only one club benefits.

Last edited:
He’ll be waking up this morning with a smile on his face knowing that he was allowed to cheat to stop a potential Rangers winner.

Said cheating will just continue into next season because no one at the club seems bothered about it.

This is where VAR helps
Unfortunately, contrary to what you say, VAR would not have helped one little bit in this situation. Think about it, assistant puts his flag up for offside and the ref blows his whistle and stops the game. Then he decides to ask VAR for clarification and VAR informs him the offside decision was wrong. What do we actually get out of it? A dropped ball around the edge of the Celtic penalty box with the entire Celtic team now between the ball and the goal. Hardly benefiting us in any real way. The only way VAR helps us in this situation is if the game is allowed to progress to a conclusion, that conclusion being, hopefully, a goal and then, when the assistant says to the ref "I think there may have been an offside in the build up", VAR can be used to confirm there wasn't.

Unfortunately, contrary to what you say, VAR would not have helped one little bit in this situation. Think about it, assistant puts his flag up for offside and the ref blows his whistle and stops the game. Then he decides to ask VAR for clarification and VAR informs him the offside decision was wrong. What do we actually get out of it? A dropped ball around the edge of the Celtic penalty box with the entire Celtic team now between the ball and the goal. Hardly benefiting us in any real way. The only way VAR helps us in this situation is if the game is allowed to progress to a conclusion, that conclusion being, hopefully, a goal and then, when the assistant says to the ref "I think there may have been an offside in the build up", VAR can be used to confirm there wasn't.
He wouldn't have put his flag up if we had VAR.

He wouldn't have put his flag up if we had VAR.
Quite possibly you are correct but, quite possibly, he may have flagged as he felt it was such a clear offside. For me, in yesterday's incident, the assistant hasn't even seen the Celtic player on the ground only the two Rangers players. Also, what you are then suggesting is that, quite possibly, assistant referees are no longer required, certainly not for making offside calls.

I'm sure Hartson and Sutton etc would've all been out condemning the officials yesterday? Two big offside calls they got wrong, both in Celtic's favour. Luckily Maeda missed when he skied his over the bar but that one with Sakala in the last few mins could've been a sickener if he'd turned with the ball instead of laying it back.

VAR can't come quick enough.

Which one of them failed to flag mr uwaki against Hearts? Three worst offside decisions of the season, all to the benefit of one team. What’s the chances of that?

Time these two cheats were outed in the msm, even if it is only on stuff like the DR hotline. Get their cheating out into the public. It’s not incompetence, there’s a defined pattern where only one club benefits.
I don't know who that linesman was but you are right, the number of decisions that have gone their way this season is verging on sinister. The last few weeks in particular have been outrageous and we have been lucky they haven't scored against us from them.

Trouble is even with VAR this wouldn't have been over turned unless we had scored...Does anyone in 'charge' actually look at these decisions at the end of the season ans realize some of the officials are just shoite.
In a situation like this the ref should keep his flag down with var incase it does become a goal, the worrying thing is these cheats won't let the play run to even get to var.

Quite possibly you are correct but, quite possibly, he may have flagged as he felt it was such a clear offside. For me, in yesterday's incident, the assistant hasn't even seen the Celtic player on the ground only the two Rangers players. Also, what you are then suggesting is that, quite possibly, assistant referees are no longer required, certainly not for making offside calls.
I could be wrong mate but I think that's the idea. Don't put it up and see how the play pans out.

Doesn't stop a pro celtc linesman doing what he did yesterday though!

Once again the obvious desire of linesman Francis (Frank) Connor to quickly raise the offside flag when an injured Celtic defender was playing Fashion 3 yards onside was shocking.
Totally corrupt.
That could have been the winner if play went on.
All of these small things add up over a season and make a big difference.
He wasn’t injured, he had just barged into Goldson in the box which could have been a penalty.

Where VAR is in use I’m sure the officials are advised/instructed to let moves play out before raising the flag are they not?

It’s no exaggeration to say Frank connors flag has cost us the title this season. At least 9 points plus a cup as well. The guy must have been so sick last year he made it his mission to maximise the last season before VAR
Must be so difficult to override your automatic reflex to call it correctly as an experienced official ! But he is so highly skilled in the dark arts it comes naturally to the corrupt cheating bastrt.

That was Connor. The same eagle eyed prick denied us a win against Motherwell when at least one of Alfie's goals were onside.

It would help
Because that would highlight that the officials are inept and don’t have the skill set to officiate VAR games
They would have to be moved down a league

I cannae believe a large section of the support are signed up for years of this right behind the refs/officials and happy just to say well yeah best team wins big ange has been superb. Great sportsmanship showing respect to a better and more consistent side.

If theres 2 Celtic linesmen that are biased all the time then everyone involved in refereeing will know about it so clearly it is not a problem for our top refs or anyone that is picking appointments.

Even if Rangers had won yesterday we would still need some honesty from the officials in their remaining games, it might have happened for big Eck a couple of times 20 years ago, and Walter but theres 0 of chance of it happening now.

Bottom line, we dont win a title if the standard of both teams is quite close bias will always hand the title to the tims. Please spare me the VAR bollocks thats getting corrupted too its scary thinking about what these people will do with video replays.

If that had been them in the last minute, then it would have been the headline story from yesterday. Sutton, Hartson and all the others would have been absolutely fizzing and calling the officials honesty into question. Instead it has been glossed over in the match reports and highlights. It was a one on one in the last minute, a game changing decision which could have had big implications with regards the title.

Hoping someone pulls together a reel of dodgy decisions over the season just to highlight the bias and incompetency of the Scottish officials. Despite our own cock ups, we would be sitting top of the league had blatant match changing decisions been made in several games.

Big decisions that go against Rangers aren't dissected in the media for a week after the game and the ref or linesman responsible crucified. That's why the officials get away with it, whether its the blatant Sakala penalty jersey pull at Tannadice or Goldson's at Ibrox not so long ago. We could still be in a title race if those penalties were awarded.

It would help
Because that would highlight that the officials are inept and don’t have the skill set to officiate VAR games
They would have to be moved down a league
Sorry, I don't know if I made myself clear enough in my earlier posts. What I said was that VAR would not help if play was stopped immediately, as it was yesterday, and then VAR consulted. I did, however, cleary state that if the game is allowed to continue to a temporary conclusion, a goal, and then any dubiety over a possible offside is ruled out, then VAR would be seen to be working.

I also don't see how, in this particular incident, VAR could possibly highlight the incompetence of the assistant referee anymore than the TV pictures already have and I don't expect one iota of recrimination for this decision yesterday. Officials are routinely shown to have made horrendous errors without much, if any, punishment, I don't see VAR changing that.

I'm not against VAR, indeed, like all Rangers supporters, I look forward to it's introduction but it has to be used properly to be effective. I think we all agree on that.

One of the worst decisions since the week before, then since the week or two before that when Collum is watching Vickers try to take Goldsons top off. Or when a freekick was given in the semi final which wasn't a freekick which led to a Celtic goal.

The officials this season have been nothing short of incompetent. Just like our administration and MSM. We really are getting shafted from all angles. However, we have just not been good enough either. Between having no centre half pairing, no creative midfielder, a keeper who is at the end of his career and strikers who can’t stay fit and scoring for more than a handful of games it’s just been one of those seasons.
That said a Europa semi or final and a Scottish Cup win and I think we need to take it and make sure this summer is managed properly.

The officials this season have been nothing short of incompetent. Just like our administration and MSM. We really are getting shafted from all angles. However, we have just not been good enough either. Between having no centre half pairing, no creative midfielder, a keeper who is at the end of his career and strikers who can’t stay fit and scoring for more than a handful of games it’s just been one of those seasons.
That said a Europa semi or final and a Scottish Cup win and I think we need to take it and make sure this summer is managed properly.
Going a whole season(s) with the foul to card ratio tells another story, id argue they are very competent.

Look at the linesman in the last two OF games, they manage to miss celtic being offside, sometimes by yards, yet flag when we are onside.

Sorry, I don't know if I made myself clear enough in my earlier posts. What I said was that VAR would not help if play was stopped immediately, as it was yesterday, and then VAR consulted. I did, however, cleary state that if the game is allowed to continue to a temporary conclusion, a goal, and then any dubiety over a possible offside is ruled out, then VAR would be seen to be working.

I also don't see how, in this particular incident, VAR could possibly highlight the incompetence of the assistant referee anymore than the TV pictures already have and I don't expect one iota of recrimination for this decision yesterday. Officials are routinely shown to have made horrendous errors without much, if any, punishment, I don't see VAR changing that.

I'm not against VAR, indeed, like all Rangers supporters, I look forward to it's introduction but it has to be used properly to be effective. I think we all agree on that.
If play was stopped immediately when the flag went up in that incident yesterday, it's incorrect procedure from the officials when VAR is in operation.

Look at the Red Star game at Ibrox for example. The flag went up a few times but play continued to a conclusion, then the goals were correctly ruled out, as we saw by the two lines across the pitch.

My god.

That last offside he gave against us was fucking scandalous.

Rangers need to start compiling videos and complaining to the SFA. Mulvanny and Connor are two of the biggest cheating rats in Scotland.

I can’t wait for VAR to come in as it will mean they can’t effect games against us or for them.
Will no doubt stick his flag up early in the hope players stop, Rangers players need to be told to ignore the flag once var comes in and let that sort it out.

And yet you still get some Rangers fans saying they don’t want VAR in Scottish football!
Granted, i've never liked VAR but the decisions in Scottish Football especially for the Scum and against us has made me rethink everything about it.
I just hope those reviewing the footage aren't as bad or corrupt as those officiating the game on the pitch.

Correct. The officials are instructed NOT to raise their flags in the full understanding that VAR will assess if an infringement has occurred.

The ref doesn’t blow until the passage has stopped. It’s in their training

I await “aye but would you trust it in scotland”

Yes. Yes I would. These referees want world cups, euro games etc and you don’t get that by being a shite referee on purpose.

Back