Match Thread ** Hibernian v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday 13th - BT Sport **

There was a thread about 'the gap' not long ago and how take out the poet games and it'd be close.

The post the other page about taking 10 points offthe sheep and finishing behind them made me think on that.

Take out the sheep games, would we be 3rd?

They gubbed the burners a few times.

Point being. Season done. Milk spilt, stop whining.

Choooo fucking chooooo. Next year ahoy.

“Cheated”

No offence but fuck off with that utter nonsense.

Time and time again people want to shout about how we’ve been cheated whilst ignoring the utter shambles of our performance defensively.

We chucked that today, the referee was awful, but Rangers not winning that game is completely our own fault.
So not getting a clear pen doesn’t change a match?

If ever there was an example of the hatred towards us was today. Appalling ref decisions, scum prepared to let sheep win for first time since 2004 when they'd are supposed to be having a party, Hibs management and players celebrating a draw at home and finishing 4th....incredible. But the fundamental reason we are not 2nd is down to some rank rotten performances esp at home

Well people even though its disapointing to draw in the end I was fearing the worst in first 20 mins, so not the worst result. Result was never going to mean anything with the great unwashed lying down which im no too fussed about either, want no favours from them.

The refs aren’t even hiding their cheating now, it’s as blatant as fook.
It’s as if they are determined to get all their biased decisions in quick before Gerrard starts next season. Because they must know the English press will have a field day watching blatant cheating like we saw today.
Allen should of been red carded.
Whittaker should of been booked first ten mins.
Most blatant hand ball you will ever see.
There is no way Steven Gerrard will tolerate that sort of refereeing performance without commenting on it.
Glad this season is over we are a shambles, when rossiter went off we fell apart and the lads been out for 2 years. FFS

We chucked that today, the referee was awful, but Rangers not winning that game is completely our own fault.

Disagree. As blatant a red card and hand ball in the box as I've seen all season and neither given. Even if you agree the Bates challenge was a penalty and both yellows that Holt received were justified that's a huge influence garbage refereeing decisions had on the final result.

Hot on the heels of the equally garbage decision for the penalty at the Sheep Pen let's not forget.

Because as bad as we are/have been - we will never, ever get anything from officials up here. That was as blatant a handball as you could see. Compare & contrast to the 2 decisions given against Martin not too long ago & noone can say that Whittakers was not a pen! Even Holts sending off, which I think was justified, brings up a difference in how we are treated. How many times were players going past Whittaker only to be impeded/brought down & win a free kick - but he gets no yellow - if he was in blue he'd have been off early into the 2nd half.

Thank f@ck this seasons over now - time to build for next.
It gives Gerard another look at the team before he starts..
It also gives him an insight into the shocking refereeing decisions that go against us.. And opponents fans and managers go f****g mental with delight at getting a draw against us.

We need to make the call for foreign referees next season and I don' t care about 'stooping to the mhanks level in doing so'. It has worked for them.
Even if only to highlight the bias and sub standard refereeing here. Dignified silence on standard and bias of scottish referees has got us nowhere.
Yes , the team has been responsible for bad performances and is the worst Rangers team ever.
Next season has to be a level playing field refereeing wise or we have no chance of the league, Stevie G or otherwise.We must have the poorest PR in UK football.

5 each just about sums up our season. Poor at the back, unable to hold on to a lead and a ref who is either blind or has it in for us. Won't be sad to see the back any player as none are beyond selling. Hope Rossiter is ok.

“Cheated”

No offence but fuck off with that utter nonsense.

Time and time again people want to shout about how we’ve been cheated whilst ignoring the utter shambles of our performance defensively.

Allan should have been sent off and hibs would have had to play a large part of the game with ten men and the handball was a game changer, two huge wrong decisions that weren't even borderline.

We were cheated

Was wondering that also. Seemingly the game-changing non-penalty Aberdeen got the other night didn’t actually change that game either - according to some numpties! ..... basic math tells you these things actually count and add up against us. Especially when our team is poor to start with.

We got a ridiculous decision given against us for the penalty. The second and third were shambolic defending. After that we played some beautiful football. Scored some great goals. Allan and Ambrose should both have been off first half. We were denied as clear a penalty as you could ever see. Holt should absolutely not have been booked for that first one, should not have been off.

For what feels like the hundredth time this season, we've been cheated out of three points yet again.
end of the day, game was meaningless. no way sporting integrity fc where beating the sheep today.

Todays game sums up our season, if we dont learn to defend properly and control games then we are gonna struggle.

First thing SG needs to sort is our back 4. He sorts that we will be alot closer next year
We've been saying replace the back 4 for at least the last 4 seasons
I'm struggling to remember the last central defence I felt comfortable with
The last 3 managers did'nt seem to recognise the problem
I hope SG makes it his 1st priority

I never said that.

We should’ve had a penalty but that doesn’t excuse a silly sending off for Holt and poor defending for their last two goals.

The referee was terrible but our defending was much more of a reason for us not winning that game than Andrew Dallas was.

Was wondering that also. Seemingly the game-changing non-penalty Aberdeen got the other night didn’t actually change that game either - according to some numpties! ..... basic math tells you these things actually count and add up against us. Especially when our team is poor to start with.
I agree that we should be good enough to overcome these teams even when these things go against us but it doesn’t mean they don’t influence results

Allan should have been sent off and hibs would have had to play a large part of the game with ten men and the handball was a game changer, two huge wrong decisions that weren't even borderline.

We were cheated

And we'll carry on being cheated until our feckless, cowardly, 'couldn't-give-a-toss' bridge-building board and senior management stands up and does something about it. But, they won't!!

At the end of the day our home record is what cost us. We’ve been shocking and yes you can shout about being cheated, bad refs, etc but the overall performance of this team has been deplorable. Time to forget this season close the book and look forward to hopefully a new successful season with a new manager and hopefully a Board who will grow a set of balls over the summer and start calling out the cheating bastards that are laughingly called referees

We were cheated
Don't worry mate it will be all over the media ....... Won't it ? or will it be all about wee lenny up to his high jinx ? Tell you what I won't hold my breath.

I never said that.

We should’ve had a penalty but that doesn’t excuse a silly sending off for Holt and poor defending for their last two goals.

The referee was terrible but our defending was much more of a reason for us not winning that game than Andrew Dallas was.
Bit of both I guess we would have and we’re good enough to win that game if the ref never cheated twice however I concede we should be goodbye enough not to need these decisions.

We were never going to get second. The Rhebels were always going to role over today. They weren’t even trying today

Well people even though its disapointing to draw in the end I was fearing the worst in first 20 mins, so not the worst result. Result was never going to mean anything with the great unwashed lying down which im no too fussed about either, want no favours from them.
I agree wholeheartedly, I feared the worst at 3-0 down and delighted to come away without a loss. The result at the piggery speaks volume's.

Whittaker got away with three bad fouls before his horror tackle that eventually saw yellow.
Allan and Ambrose should have been off as well. Stonewaller waved away for us.
What do we have to do to be treated fairly?

Which why all play at same time.

ALL games influence the opponents final position.

You honestly couldn't come up with a 'fair' way in that respect.

No split and there would be a couple of dead rubbers, now there is something to play for.

** in some ways I want an 18 team league so more dead rubbers to play young fla's. But financially that ain't gonna happen.

I’m not making my point clear.

Celtic today (and to a slightly lesser extent / for slight different reasons against Hibs) influenced the game today to suit themselves.

When you force the six teams competing for European or relegation places to play against each other, it hightens the odds of this being possible.

With no split, randomly, Celtic might have faced Aberdeen today. Without it though, there’s a greater chance of them playing Motherwell / Dundee / someone else who they can’t contrive a result against to suit themselves / hamper an opponent.

If they’d had to play the Sheep before the league was won, they have been playing to beat them.

I’d expect nothing less from them but it’s the system which is at fault

As it was, it wasn’t a fair contest today.

Last edited:
agree with this. We had all but won the game and then a lack of character and maturity made us draw. Yet again whilst we showed some fight our cowardly nature and lack of leadership on came back to bite. This would have been a nice win to cheer the fans and then they couldn’t even provide that. Roll on next season.
I never said that.

ee wi

Mission accomplished. No way were they risking contributing to second place for Rangers.

You have to laugh though.

I really don’t get the clamour for 2nd place.

If we got it by default because we’d run the Beasts close before tailing away at the end, fair enough, but in a three way scrap for 2nd when the Yahoos are way out in front only tells us that we aren’t anywhere near good enough, so finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th doesn’t really mean much to me at all.

The idea that they, Celtic and Dolly both, think we will be gutted at missing out is actually quite laughable.

Quite a game. Phew. A sweet moment when we took the lead. The shock on their faces was brilliant. Ref made some colossal mistakes against us. Poor decision-making. But Jimmy Nic changed our game. He had to go with a poor team & in doing so, he made the best of it. Fair do's to him & JJ. Roll on the Stevie G revolution, so we don't need for the mentally challengeds to lie down to the sheep at the end of next season.

That game was like a microcosm of our whole season. All the flaws laid bare. Shambles defensively. But still capable of scoring a lot of goals.

Hopefully Stevie G can build on the positives.

I’m not making my point clear.

Celtic today (and to a slightly lesser extent / for slight different reasons against Hibs) influenced the game today to suit themselves.

When you force the six teams competing for European or relegation places to play against each other, it hightens the odds of this being possible.

With no split, randomly, Celtic might have faced Aberdeen today. Without it though, there’s a greater chance of them playing Motherwell / Dundee / someone else who they can’t contrive a result against to suit themselves / hamper an opponent.

If they’d had to play the Sheep before the league was won, they have been playing to beat them.

I’d expect nothing less from them but it’s the system which is at fault

As it was, it wasn’t a fair contest today.

That's a non argument tho.

If we have to rely on the last 2 games to decide on 2nd/3rd/4th, it means we are shite.

Fixtures become irrelevant at that point, we've fucked it for the first 36.

*if* playing a bottom team, how does that work out? Look at the English results in the last fortnight, one reason I don't bet on football after March.

Grasping at straws mate, move on, new season etc.

Back