How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what happened to us tonight the tims seemingly struggled at home to Hamilton. Okay they nicked it at the death and we were poor but they aren’t light years ahead like previous seasons. It’s going to be who wants it more on the day.

We can beat them but not if we play like we did in that second half. Just hoping that tonight was a kick up the arse needed to make some of our players realise they need to do more than just turn up.

No.

The thought of them running at tav, Goldson and helander gives me the fear.

Honestly think it could be a doing.

if the tims had had a bad result tonight i would be really worried about a reaction from them on sunday. similarly, if we had coasted through tonight 0-4 after a 5-0 win on sunday there's a chance we'd have had a touch of over confidence.

i'm not for a minute saying i'm pleased with tonight's outcome but i'm just saying it could potentially be a kick up the arse for sunday.

About as far away from being confident as I could be. I hope I’m wrong but I could see them winning 3/4-0 quite easily and us capitulating throughout the month of December after that last 50 minutes tonight. Prove me wrong Rangers.

The tim's scraped by Hamilton tonight at their own midden.

We played a team in their own cup final tonight.

And already we have folk on here running scared.

Regardless of what happened to us tonight the tims seemingly struggled at home to Hamilton. Okay they nicked it at the death and we were poor but they aren’t light years ahead like previous seasons. It’s going to be who wants it more on the day.
Lennon was pointing at his watch at the end asking the ref to blow for FT. They were absolutely garbage apparently.

Can't see us winning at all unfortunately.

Going forward they are far stronger, with Helander in that worries me with their pace up top and especially if BB is still out.

Not confident but then again I never am when it comes to games against them, always been like that for me.

Sunday is the biggest game in our history for me though and defeat is unthinkable.

I'm still reasonably confident.

I just had a look at the stats from the poet game and Hamilton had 9 shots, 5 on target.
They can definitely be got at but so can we, but I hope and pray Borna's fit for Sunday as he gives us balance on the left and he's became a real steady Eddie.

NS.

Not at all to be honest but I seem to be quite a pessimistic dick when it comes to Rangers.

I could not see us beating Porto at Ibrox for example.

I'm never confident in big games, definitely a glass half empty Bear. After tonight's shambles feeling pretty low, in that 2nd half I never recognised us at all.

Tonights game is the exact reason that I am never confident in any bigger games.

It doesn’t matter how good we play, our bombscare defence are never too far away from gifting our opponents goals from nothing.

It has happened in the 3 games we dropped points in this season and it happened constantly last season.

Teams don’t even need to turn up against us and can still take something from a game.

Even more confident now that we have that shit-show out of our system.

Unfortunately i expect the same as the first game against "Them"this season. They will press high up the park from the kick off. There is a trend forming now that when teams do this the chuckle brothers buckle under this and cue the mistakes. Expect the right side and Tav to be targeted as they always do as they know he is a weak link and cue the mistakes.

To be completely honest i just don't see us winning or even get a feeling that we will. We are not consistent enough, we are either good or bad. After tonight i think the players will have had a reality check that they are not as good as they think they are which has to effect their mentality for Sunday.

Really hoping for a win but not feeling it.

Unfortunately i expect the same as the first game against "Them"this season. They will press high up the park from the kick off. There is a trend forming now that when teams do this the chuckle brothers buckle under this and cue the mistakes. Expect the right side and Tav to be targeted as they always do as they know he is a weak link and cue the mistakes.

To be completely honest i just don't see us winning or even get a feeling that we will. We are not consistent enough, we are either good or bad. After tonight i think the players will have had a reality check that they are not as good as they think they are which has to effect their mentality for Sunday.

Really hoping for a win but not feeling it.

Sadly agree with you. Too many shit the bed at the same time for us to pose a threat. They always seem to be way more up for it and organised.

We need two things to be successful. Defence to play an absolute blinder and Alfie to score a f**king goal against them.

I still think we'll win. Collum is a shit ref but he won't allow the peasants what Aberdeen got away with last night.

Hasn't changed my opinion, we will have to make sure theres no stupid mistakes made by ourselves & be at our best we do that we win the cup

Celtic could hardly have been impressive. A last gasp winner needed to beat Hamilton at home? Rangers 5 Hamilton 0.
Perspective.
So an,t matter what they did tonight mate .it's what they do on Sunday and al
if the tims had had a bad result tonight i would be really worried about a reaction from them on sunday. similarly, if we had coasted through tonight 0-4 after a 5-0 win on sunday there's a chance we'd have had a touch of over confidence.

i'm not for a minute saying i'm pleased with tonight's outcome but i'm just saying it could potentially be a kick up the arse for sunday.
Nail on the head mate .it's about how we react on sunday

At some point the great teams have to step up and lay down the bricks that will become their legacy.

For this Rangers team Sunday is the opportunity to do that.

If they are not able to rise to the challenge then so be it. We dust ourselves off, get over it and follow on.

What an opportunity though! Pick up our first major honor in over 8 years and then put ourselves into the next round of Europe in the same week? Bring it on.

There must be kids going to Hampden on Sunday who have NEVER seen Rangers win a major trophy. Never seen us beat them in a cup final.

There must be many of us grown ups who's lives are unrecognizable now compared to what they were in March 2011 when Jelavic scored in extra time.

Days like Sunday are what Rangers Football Club is all about.

If the players can realise who we are and if they can channel just some of that heritage and history onto performances on the pitch then I reckon we will be witnesses to the dawning of a new era.

I am confident. We are Rangers, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back