Jacob Rees-Mogg opposed to abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A job of the British PM is to select bishops I think for Church of England.

This is maybe one of the reasons Teflon Tony conveniently waited before turning.

There was never a rule preventing a Roman Catholic being Prime Minster that required to be changed.

There was never a rule preventing a Roman Catholic being Prime Minster that required to be changed.

Bow to your knowledge.

Why did Blair wait until he left office? I thought it was to avoid a constitutional crisis?

I don't get why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over this. He says it's his private view, a view that is based on his religious belief.
He also says he believes in democracy and the democratic will of Parliament, and that as Parliament has voted and it is law he sees no reason why the law of the land should change.
All he asks is that he personally is allowed to believe what he believes, and that he has no intention of stopping anyone else going about their lawful business, what's wrong with that?
It amuses me that people who don't believe in religion get upset that other people who don't believe in religion can't get married in a religious ceremony.
Does Mayor Khan get questioned with the same intensity about his religious beliefs or the beliefs and wrongdoings of members of his religion? He's allowed to come away with "religion of peace" "not all muslims are terrorists" etc. So why is JRM being blamed for the sins of the Catholic church?

Haha %^*& him,let's see how devout he his, his religion or his politics, no RC will ever be prime minister of this great set of nations, it's in our constitution......
Didn't Blair try to switch religion whilst in power,and basically the Queen told him to bolt, or I would imagine words to that effect
Monarch, spouse or heir cannot be a papist. Nothing to stop one being PM. Also the UK has no written constitution

He's a prick, just like Boris Johnson, but for some reason the British public is a sucker for posh fopps.

What they don't realize is that they couldn't give a flying f88k about the working man or woman in the street.
Whereas Abbott, Corbyn and McDonnell do? Working class people are he'd in contempt by all our political parties

On a personal note, I don't like the Idea of some females using abortion as a form of contraception numerous times. but it's not for me to say how anyone should live their lives. mogg and his backwards religion are wrong.

these c@nts simply cannot be trusted, ,their church lives for the day England returns "home" to rome,, and adherents like mogg and others will when push comes to shove always go with their church over country,,

State and church should be seperate. The fact they are not and we still have representatives of the Church as part of Parliament is fucked.

Whereas Abbott, Corbyn and McDonnell do? Working class people are he'd in contempt by all our political parties
The likes of that boot Abbott and her mate Emily Thornberry pretend to be for the working people and those from the underclasses etc. However these cunts wouldn't be seen dead drinking with 'the people' in a working class pub in Scunthorpe for example. The hypocrisy form the left is far more extreme than from the Tories.

At least you know where you stand with the Tories, but Labour are on a different level.

How many abortions are actually carried out as a concequence of rape? a tiny minority in comparison to the wider picture. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule but abortion by convenience should not be an option.

It is far too easy to murder an unborn child as it doesn't suit a certain life style. Why not have the child and give it to a family who are unable to have children?

Abortion supporters tend to be the ones who also cry about animal cruelty. I know which one I feel is the most abhorrent.

An apologist for a religion that systematically covered up child rape therefore no chance of getting my vote.

How many abortions are actually carried out as a concequence of rape? a tiny minority in comparison to the wider picture. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule but abortion by convenience should not be an option.

It is far too easy to murder an unborn child as it doesn't suit a certain life style. Why not have the child and give it to a family who are unable to have children?

Abortion supporters tend to be the ones who also cry about animal cruelty. I know which one I feel is the most abhorrent.

You want to remove the choice from a woman of what do with her own body, crazy backward shit....

You want to remove the choice from a woman of what do with her own body, crazy backward shit....
Bloody right I do if I`m paying for it. What if said woman wants bigger tits or a smaller nose? Do we pay for those as well and they are examples where the woman has had no control over how her tits or nose have turned out.

Anybody who is totally against abortion no matter what the circumstances is a f*cking idiot.
Obviously has no respect or compassion about a young kid who is say as an example.. raped and has to go through giving birth reminding her of what happened.
The guy is an arse

Haha %^*& him,let's see how devout he his, his religion or his politics, no RC will ever be prime minister of this great set of nations, it's in our constitution......
Didn't Blair try to switch religion whilst in power,and basically the Queen told him to bolt, or I would imagine words to that effect
It's not in our constitution, it can't be as we do not have a constiution. Moreover there is no legal bar whatsoever to a catholic becoming prime minister of this country.

RE: the "this is a private view" folk...

He described abortion in the case of incest, rape or fatal foetal abnormalities as "morally indefensible."

How can a politician with such a strong view not possibly let it affect his judgement?

Did you say the same about Nick Clegg out of interest?
What were Nick Clegg's views? I was under the impression he was an atheist but allows his catholic wife to bring up the kids Roman Catholic (obviously puts getting his hole above his principles)
I thought Tim Farron should have had a stronger back bone and basically told people what JRM has, that it is a personal belief that he doesn't allow to interfere with Parliamentary Democracy

What were Nick Clegg's views? I was under the impression he was an atheist but allows his catholic wife to bring up the kids Roman Catholic (obviously puts getting his hole above his principles)
I thought Tim Farron should have had a stronger back bone and basically told people what JRM has, that it is a personal belief that he doesn't allow to interfere with Parliamentary Democracy

Ach sorry that's me being an arse and confusing Nick Clegg with Tim Farron - both as bland as %^*&

We can do without potential political leaders having religion. Religion is for the weak minded who need a crutch to get them through their lives. Its a fairy story. Who informed Mogg that abortion was wrong. Was it his priest? Or the pope? or did he come to that view all on his own?

The only time I agree with abortion is if it was a rape or carrying through with a full pregnancy would be life threatening to the mother.

People who abort because they 'changed their mind' or 'made a mistake' are despicable cunts.
What about foetal abnormalities that would render the child to have no quality of life whatsoever and miss milestones like walking, talking etc? Does that still come under the despicable cunts category?

The pope phoned George W Bush and got him to block stem cell research. That's the kind of influence religion can have on humanity. How far has that decision set back the planet and how many people will have died that could have been saved through the findings of the research. Having devout religious people in politics isn't a good idea. There should be a wall between religion and government at every turn.

What if his views were just his views and not based on any religious belief, would those views be okay?
Plenty of people don't agree with abortion and it has nothing to do with religion, same goes for marriage.

The pope phoned George W Bush and got him to block stem cell research. That's the kind of influence religion can have on humanity. How far has that decision set back the planet and how many people will have died that could have been saved through the findings of the research. Having devout religious people in politics isn't a good idea. There should be a wall between religion and government at every turn.

Why should we try to save them, if "life" is so disposable, why are we trying to save people? Why are we trying to prevent foetal problems, surely we should just abort them, would be cheaper. We all die does it matter what from?

What if his views were just his views and not based on any religious belief, would those views be okay?
Plenty of people don't agree with abortion and it has nothing to do with religion, same goes for marriage.
I'm very uncomfortable with abortion, as for gay marriage if the church you want to get married in condemns gay sex why would you want to be married there?

Why should we try to save them, if "life" is so disposable, why are we trying to save people? Why are we trying to prevent foetal problems, surely we should just abort them, would be cheaper. We all die does it matter what from?
I wasn't talking about aborted fetuses

If they were his own views I would be a bit more comfortable with it. Might not agree with his views but at least I would know that he wasn't coming to these views due to the teaching of some unelected religious leader. The religious leader , who might have other views that may have a bearing on the decisions that are made in political office.

I can't believe some people want this clown for PM. He's like the result of some unholy coupling between Bertie Wooster and Mother Teresa.

Post of the thread.
Humorous comment of the day.
Pearl of wisdom for the entire week. :D

What child ? It's not a child at such an early stage and a ball of cells doesn;t overrule the woman's choice to do what she wants with her body.

At what stage does it then become a child then?

Just think of your loved ones. What if they were "terminated" at that stage?

There is no bar to an RC being prime minister don't think there ever has been.
As for Reece Mogg this was a guy who took his nanny out canvassing with him, many people will have beliefs we disagree with that is the nature of politicians. Will he ever make PM not in my opinion.

There is no bar to an RC being prime minister don't think there ever has been.
As for Reece Mogg this was a guy who took his nanny out canvassing with him, many people will have beliefs we disagree with that is the nature of politicians. Will he ever make PM not in my opinion.

He doesn't want to be PM and in the same interview confirmed this.....he will never be Tory leader. Although I'm amazed someone of his intellect cannot get a cabinet position.

Also amusing that a politician finally gives an honest answer and people lose their minds over it.

Last edited:
It's an unwritten constitution made up of Acts of Parliament, legal judgments and convention.
Yes sure I read somewhere that the reason there was never a written and codified constitution was because of the two different legal systems and the popular/parliamentary sovereignty argument.

He doesn't want to be PM and in the same interview confirmed this.....he will never be Tory leader. Although I'm amazed someone of his intellect cannot get a cabinet position.

Also amusing that a politician finally gives an honest answer and people lose their minds over it.

Whilst fundamentally apposed to the doctrines of the Church of Rome when did we stop freedom of speech in this country?
Better to know his views now rather than when he was in a position of power.

Reactions: BWO
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back