Kemar Roofe

He’s a completely different player from
Morelos. Should Alfie leave, we will be bringing in a replacement.

Roofe has looked off the boil for a few weeks but there is definitely enough there to persevere with him. It’s been a stop-start season for him which obviously hasn’t helped him get any rhythm into his game.
A break and good pre-season could be the making of him as a Rangers player.

Roofe is not the answer to our striker issues. Should Alfie leave, and I think he will, we will need more than Roofe or Itten to see us through.

Can’t keep fit, hasn’t kicked his arse since December for us.

Game management is abysmal.

Why do so many of our fans seem to take great delight in abusing our players? It’s fucking weird.

Because they are sad miserable bastards. They do it with everyone though, so that makes it okay. Apparently.

They equate being abusive as somehow showing that they care more than you or I do. A player cant simply have a poor game or be in a bad run of form, no, no that won't do at all. They'll waffle about standards and Rangers Class™ but completely lack any class themselves. It's exhausting and jarring to read, but an entire element of our support revel in being total bellends for no other reason than they can.

Rather than simply saying, so and so is in poor form or has had a bad game. A forensic and negativity laden inquiry has to ensue. In which they'll either ignore facts or skew them to suit their own argument. Roofe has played poorly since returning from injury, don't know if you know this but he's injury prone, he's also been racially abused almost every day since the incident in the Slavia game at Ibrox, but that's not the fans problem.

'He's pish, get rid' is the unofficial motto of FF.

Because they are sad miserable bastards. They do it with everyone though, so that makes it okay. Apparently.

They equate being abusive as somehow showing that they care more than you or I do. A player cant simply have a poor game or be in a bad run of form, no, no that won't do at all. They'll waffle about standards and Rangers Class™ but completely lack any class themselves. It's exhausting and jarring to read, but an entire element of our support revel in being total bellends for no other reason than they can.

Rather than simply saying, so and so is in poor form or has had a bad game. A forensic and negativity laden inquiry has to ensue. In which they'll either ignore facts or skew them to suit their own argument. Roofe has played poorly since returning from injury, don't know if you know this but he's injury prone, he's also been racially abused almost every day since the incident in the Slavia game at Ibrox, but that's not the fans problem.

The bit I don’t understand is the same people saying Roofe is pish and to “get rid” are the ones preaching how good Scott Wright is and how they want him in the team.

I like Scott Wright but Roofe has done way more for Rangers this season but he’s just getting abuse now.

The bit I don’t understand is the same people saying Roofe is pish and to “get rid” are the ones preaching how good Scott Wright is and how they want him in the team.

I like Scott Wright but Roofe has done way more for Rangers this season but he’s just getting abuse now.

Therein lies your problem. Wright is flavour of the month at the moment. Don't worry, it won't be long until Wright hits a bump and will be deemed pish or an 'Aberdeen reject' or words to that effect. It's not really the players that are the problem. It's just miserable people and people with penchant for an on going, at times, entirely fabricated crisis.

Therein lies your problem. Wright is flavour of the month at the moment. Don't worry, it won't be long until Wright hits a bump and will be deemed pish or an 'Aberdeen reject' or words to that effect. It's not really the players that are the problem. It's just miserable people and people with penchant for an on going, at times, entirely fabricated crisis.

We’ve got guys genuinely saying that we missed Patterson yesterday and he should be first choice at the start of next season.

It’s fucking mental how recency bias affects a lot of our support.

We’ve got guys genuinely saying that we missed Patterson yesterday and he should be first choice at the start of next season.

Balogun and Helander are a classic example of that. Balogun has been invaluable at times this season. A very safe pair of hands for when we've needed him, mostly, had the odd poor moment of course. However you genuinely had threads about how Balogun is a better player than Helander and the latter will struggle to get back in the team. I have no idea what it was based on, because we've not lost a domestic league match whenever Helander has played the full 90 minutes. Which is pretty staggering.

Recency bias is vital

I genuinely couldn't give a f*** that someone scored a goal last Julember
Its what they are doing in the here and now that is important.
They are professional players paid to deliver week in week out, not some wee lame puppy you've bought that you're gotten fond of.

Last edited:
Balogun and Helander are a classic example of that. Balogun has been invaluable at times this season. A very safe pair of hands for when we've needed him, mostly, had the odd poor moment of course. However you genuinely had threads about how Balogun is a better player than Helander and the latter will struggle to get back in the team. I have no idea what it was based on, because we've not lost a domestic league match whenever Helander has played the full 90 minutes. Which is pretty staggering.

Loads of people made their mind up on Helander when he had that tough gave away at Livi v Dykes. Instead of just putting it down to a bad game, they started questioning his pace, was he good enough etc etc.

Balogun has made more mistake this season than Helander has in two seasons and I say that as someone who like Balogun a lot.

Helander is so much better than him though, thankfully I think most people are coming round to that opinion now.

Recency bias is vital

They are professional players paid to deliver not some wee lame puppy you've bought that you're gotten fond of.

Tav literally scored our only goal yesterday.

He’s a completely different player from
Morelos. Should Alfie leave, we will be bringing in a replacement.

Roofe has looked off the boil for a few weeks but there is definitely enough there to persevere with him. It’s been a stop-start season for him which obviously hasn’t helped him get any rhythm into his game.
A break and good pre-season could be the making of him as a Rangers player.

I have two work colleagues who are Leeds fans. They told me that he would spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch when we signed him. We will see if he makes it through a full Pre-season but the odds aren’t in our favour.

Recency bias is vital

They are professional players paid to deliver not some wee lane puppy you've bought that you're gotten fond of.
Recency bias is not conducive when rating a player overall though. In fact it can be a detriment.

Drops in form are a totally normal part of football. You can be critical of a player for being in poor form and not be a total weapon about it. You can also look for context and try and figure out why the player(s) form has dropped without behaving like a total lunatic about it. I think that's the overall issue here, criticism is fine but out right slander and or slating of certain players is embarrassing and we both know that happens on here fairly regularly.

Then missed his third successive penalty with an effort that at can only be described as Meek.

Scraping the bottom of barrel if we are criticising players for taking penalties tbh. If he'd refused or decided not to people would be digging him out for it. We'd all of preferred he scored it yesterday but these things happen. Should we maybe question who takes penalties moving forward? Absolutely.

I have two work colleagues who are Leeds fans. They told me that he would spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch when we signed him. We will see if he makes it through a full Pre-season but the odds aren’t in our favour.

Your two work colleagues must have failed to have mentioned he played over a 100 times for Leeds during his 3 year spell there.

You’re clearly just a miserable guy who’s only happy when moaning.

Youre clearly a happy clappy guy, who is ok with us being fucked out a cup competition by Teen Wolf in a home tie against a team 49 points below us.

There is zero positives from last night.

Last night proved once again that he’s not a patch on Morelos and when he comes into the team for Morelos, we are not even close to being the same team.

If Morelos goes, he will need replaced because neither Roofe nor Itten are capable of giving us what Morelos does.

Roofe has ability and intelligence but I can’t remember the last time he had a good game and injuries are clearly affecting him - have done for 3 years now.

I really don't know his best position,he had a great spell in December when he scored crucial goals.
I just don't think he suits our style of play.

He’s an average English championship/lower league player.

Capable of a bit of brilliance, can play well at times but struggles with consistency. He’s been a disappointment for me, a few goals aside.

Carries himself like he’s a superstar. And he really isn’t.
I think he's needs a full pre season and a clear run without any injuries he is a good and clever player technically our best striker imo but I agree we need much more from him like his early season form.

Since he's came back and he's been fit for a while I don't think he's offered much. I don't think the red card issues and that Slavia incident have helped matters.

Also is the rumour he has moved his family back down south true ?

FollowFollow is a cesspit after a defeat, dropped points etc. A chance for many to vent their spleen on whichever of the many Rangers players they 'just don't rate'. And, believe me, once they raise doubts over a player they simply won't shift from that view no matter what. Prime example being Tav. There are still some who just cannot hold themselves back from pouncing on the slightest misjudgement or error - even if it comes to nothing. Probably the same guys that say we should have held onto McCrorie and the likes simply because they were 'good Rangers men' or that we need someone in midfield who 'runs about a lot and kicks folk' before lumping the ball into the box for a 'big brute of a striker'. The guys who have a new player written off after his first 20 minute substitute appearance.

I spend an inordinate amount of time of FollowFollow. On days like today though I will spend more time than usual doing 'normal' stuff to get me away from it.:rolleyes:

Roofe is a very clever player and very neat but unfortunately he's not a no 9 he should be played as a number 10 defoe should have been alfredo substitute and hagi should have been hooked at half time he was an empty Jersey yesterday he contributed absolute zero to the team

Tav dug us out of the shite in the first place. Embarrassing that we needed our right back to show enough desire to get into the box to score.

The keeper was Roofe's man. Yes it was his fault. He lost the ball for the corner and then switched off.
He also lost it on Wednesday too leading to their goal. He's too sloppy.

You'd think some of our fanbase would have learned by now not to write off a player due to a less than stellar first season.

Roofe is a good player. Injuries have curtailed him this season.

If we can get him injury free next season he'll be one of our best players.

I’m not a big fan of Roofe and never have been , I don’t think his low socked swaggering attitude endears him to a fan base who want to see team players more than anything give their all .

Having said that I feel it is grossly unfair some of the criticism he’s getting for last night- Gerrard made a huge mistake in my opinion taking Morelos off , he was going to score his next chance and was just hotting up and getting into great positions , but that’s not roofes fault . Also Roofe now that I’ve watched it again was actually less culpable than Ryan Kent who tried to cut back into traffic and lost us crucial possession which led to their corner . Nobody seems to be criticising Kent .

I don’t see anything wrong with being critical but let’s not crucify the guy , he’s not my favourite player but sometimes the team and I include the manager in this have a poor night and sadly we have picked the two cup competitions to have ours in .

I’m not a big fan of Roofe and never have been , I don’t think his low socked swaggering attitude endears him to a fan base who want to see team players more than anything give their all .

Having said that I feel it is grossly unfair some of the criticism he’s getting for last night- Gerrard made a huge mistake in my opinion taking Morelos off , he was going to score his next chance and was just hotting up and getting into great positions , but that’s not roofes fault . Also Roofe now that I’ve watched it again was actually less culpable than Ryan Kent who tried to cut back into traffic and lost us crucial possession which led to their corner . Nobody seems to be criticising Kent .

I don’t see anything wrong with being critical but let’s not crucify the guy , he’s not my favourite player but sometimes the team and I include the manager in this have a poor night and sadly we have picked the two cup competitions to have ours in .
I was wondering where magic de boer had been.

Roofe knocks his pan in for the team. The fact he wears his socks low isn't an indication the guy thinks he's a superstar, he covers more ground during a game than any other player at the club.

He has been poor since returning from injury and can't seem to get himself going. He's probably actually trying too hard and it's causing him to play worse.

If he stayed fit, I think he'd be an excellent player for us. But that's a big if unfortunately. I'd let him go if we got a good offer in the summer. If not, we hope he can find and maintain full fitness next season.

Roofe knocks his pan in for the team. The fact he wears his socks low isn't an indication the guy thinks he's a superstar, he covers more ground during a game than any other player at the club.

He has been poor since returning from injury and can't seem to get himself going. He's probably actually trying too hard and it's causing him to play worse.
''he covers more ground during a game than any other player at the club.''

I have to say I'm surprised by this, not saying he doesn't work hard but had no idea he was covering more ground than anyone else at the Club, where are you getting the stats on this as I'd be interested to see them?

I'd also add that he's been very out of form and pretty poor in all aspects of his game for all good while, his hold up play and defensive attributes are miles adrift of Morelos.

''he covers more ground during a game than any other player at the club.''

I have to say I'm surprised by this, not saying he doesn't work hard but had no idea he was covering more ground than anyone else at the Club, where are you getting the stats on this as I'd be interested to see them?

I'd also add that he's been very out of form and pretty poor in all aspects of his game for all good while, his hold up play and defensive attributes are miles adrift of Morelos.

The good news is, neither manager or coaching staff will pay a blind bit of attention to the football masters of FF.

Tavernier would have been long gone, Goldson would have been punted. Celtic could be planning for 20 in a row.

Its not a new thing, years back our legendary experts wanted mccoist punted, hateley was finished. Turned out to be the best striking partnership I've ever seen for Rangers.

Back then we spoke the same shite in the pub after the game, and now we have the lunacy of social media.

Fans like their opinions, but most times it's just loud garbage. Leave the real work to the professionals.

I think the aftermath of the Slavia game has hit him harder than expected tbh. He's still likely getting horrendous racial abuse from Czech football fans because of it. I don't think we can understate how much that would effect your overall state of mind. Similar thing with Glen Kamara, who hasn't been at his best since the incident either.

If you read my post as a whole I’ve said exactly this . It’s unfair to judge him on how it went last night regardless of your thoughts on him . Collectively we weren’t at it

Back