Kemar Roofe

Roofe didn’t cost us the game but he shouldn’t take another penalty for us.

that ridiculous run up only to produce that penalty was dismal

I think if we get a reasonable offer in the summer he’ll off though tbh

struggles to stay fit and I’m not convinced he’s offered enough to merit an automatic starting 11 spot every week

Are you forgetting Tav missed the first penalty?

But it's all on Roofe.

Get a grip.

Roofe never cost us the game, the defence did.

Their keeper with a free header in the 6 yard box, was that Roofe's fault?

Tav dug us out of the shite in the first place. Embarrassing that we needed our right back to show enough desire to get into the box to score.

The keeper was Roofe's man. Yes it was his fault. He lost the ball for the corner and then switched off.

Are you forgetting Tav missed the first penalty?

But it's all on Roofe.

Get a grip.

Roofe never cost us the game, the defence did.

Their keeper with a free header in the 6 yard box, was that Roofe's fault?

Whit? All I said was it was a dreadful penalty, which it was. What have I said that's wrong?

A few weeks after winning the league, and this place is fucking insufferable again.

I really hope it’s mentally challengeds at the wind up.
how do you think people are going to react tonight to yet again being put out a cup by a team that frankly arent meant to be as good as us? We are the champions so, maybe, just maybe we should be winning cups or at the very least making it to the bloody final!

A few weeks after winning the league, and this place is fucking insufferable again.

I really hope it’s mentally challengeds at the wind up.

People angry at yet another shocking cup exit and letting off steam.

Don't come on if you want everyone to be holding hands.

Last edited:
Whit? All I said was it was a dreadful penalty, which it was. What have I said that's wrong?
Have you slagged Tav's penalty first?

He was the one who missed and put the pressure on all the others.

Tav gets off scott free, Roofe is the whipping boy.

Both were shocking penalties to be honest.

I’ve tried to defend him on here but I’ve lost patience with him. If we can get what we paid for him then get rid, injury prone and prone to stupid decisions.

Thanks for Liege and 55 but bye!

Scored big goals, without ever playing spectacular IMO but he’s contributed hugely in Europe and us winning the league.

Wouldn’t be in my starting 11, and on current form wouldn’t be my first sub.

I’m not sure if he just doesn’t suit the way we play or what, but he really doesn’t look like creating a chance when he plays.

Although, just before they scored we broke down the left and Kent had a chance to play it across the box early - opted to chop back and passed it to one of them.
Wright and Itten deserve a chance ahead of him now.
Today Kemer will realise what its like to lose at Rangers.

Have you slagged Tav's penalty first?

He was the one who missed and put the pressure on all the others.

Tav gets off scott free, Roofe is the whipping boy.

Both were shocking penalties to be honest.
Again.. What? This thread is about Roofe, who tried a daft run up and fluffed his penalty.

Tav at least tried to hit the ball normally.

Again, Roofe is the whipping boy tonight, despite others making a cnut of the game.
I kind of agree with you, ignore everything else prior to Tav’s goal. How can a 6ft+ cnut in a green strip, be free in your own six yard box?.

It’s baffling, some players have went off the boil badly and need to step it up. I’m more concerned about the basics though.

If we can get him fully fit he’ll 100% be a first choice. His injuries do concern me though.

Roofe has made an excellent contribution for us this season, I’m surprised by how critical people are being.
Jury is out on Roofe. Like many others who have come to Rangers he has to show guts now. Remember the stick McCoist and later Hateley got in their early days. Ricksen too. But these guys all showed their spirit and Roofe has to do that now. I wonder if he can. Hope so.

I kind of agree with you, ignore everything else prior to Tav’s goal. How can a 6ft+ cnut in a green strip, be free in your own six yard box?.

It’s baffling, some players have went off the boil badly and need to step it up. I’m more concerned about the basics though.
It's not as if no one could see him! :)) :)) :))

Cost us both games this week. Wednesday an easy pass and he tries to score from halway - boom boom and it's in out net. Again tonight a chance to go to the corner and waste time - incredible.

As for his penalty, that was a joke.

He isn’t consistent enough and I don’t think the manager believes in him any more. He seems the sort that needs a run to play well like Lafferty, but it takes them 6/7 games and when they get there then injuries and suspensions put them straight back to step 1.

I like him on form but for various reasons he can’t be relied upon.

He's our top earner seemingly. He's had a few good moments but nowhere near enough to justify that

If we kept Morelos on tonight, there's a good chance we would have won.

Get Roofe sold, if anyone wants him

Jury is out on Roofe. Like many others who have come to Rangers he has to show guts now. Remember the stick McCoist and later Hateley got in their early days. Ricksen too. But these guys all showed their spirit and Roofe has to do that now. I wonder if he can. Hope so.
I'm in the same boat although my patience wearing a bit. He isn't bringing anything different or positive to our game. Itten also isn't scoring when playing but is bringing others into it and shows a risk coming in from the right. Defoe is always dangerous and morelos remains top striker. Wright is also bringing others in despite not being a striker. I'm not sure what to think of him at all but I'm not massively encouraged.

I don’t blame Roofe for tonight. The tone of that game was set a long, long time before he came on. The tempo was awful
from the outset.

I do however harbour doubts about Roofe over the piece. He clearly has some real quality about him. But can he be an out and out centre forward for us who starts 35+ games a season and scores 20 goals? I am struggling to see that if I am honest.

Can’t blame one player for tonight’s result. Roofe needs a proper pre season and injury free season to see the best from him.

they should have beat us on Wednesday and we never took that as a warning. The result is totally embarrassing.

People angry as yet another shocking cup exit and letting off steam.

Don't come on if you want everyone to be holding hands.

I’ll never understand why some people expect to come on after a cop exit like that and not find people angry and bitterly disappointed. It’s better to be a demanding support than to meekly accept cup failures like the ones we’ve been getting.

When you pay the amount we did for Roofe I would have expected much more from him
By now mate, certainly not in my first 11
Next season

Can’t blame one player for tonight’s result. Roofe needs a proper pre season and injury free season to see the best from him.

they should have beat us on Wednesday and we never took that as a warning. The result is totally embarrassing.

Look at his career, he won't have an injury free season, otherwise I'd agree with you.

I don’t blame Roofe for tonight. The tone of that game was set a long, long time before he came on. The tempo was awful
from the outset.

I do however harbour doubts about Roofe over the piece. He clearly has some real quality about him. But can he be an out and out centre forward for us who starts 35+ games a season and scores 20 goals? I am struggling to see that if I am honest.
Definition is a huge part of his problem. What is his role? Does he know? Is there a long term plan for him to take up Alfie's mantle? Everything around him is a blur. And that's not his fault to be fair.

Tav dug us out of the shite in the first place. Embarrassing that we needed our right back to show enough desire to get into the box to score.

The keeper was Roofe's man. Yes it was his fault. He lost the ball for the corner and then switched off.
Other than the goal Tav looked every inch a player that's been out a long time. He was not great tonight.

It was so obvious he was missing before he hit it.

Wtf was that run up all about?

Definition is a huge part of his problem. What is his role? Does he know? Is there a long term plan for him to take up Alfie's mantle? Everything around him is a blur. And that's not his fault to be fair.
That’s true. I don’t know what the plan is for him. Same for Itten in fact. We paid a fair whack for Roofe and decent money for Itten too. Whilst I am not writing either off, if you asked me if I was encouraged or discouraged by what I have seen of both so far, I would say that I am discouraged. I struggle to see either of them being an adequate replacement for Morelos, if he goes.

Other than the goal Tav looked every inch a player that's been out a long time. He was not great tonight.

Full credit to him for the goal, and i can’t blame him at all for being rusty, it’s only natural. Thought his penalty was a total choke job though.

Full credit to him for the goal, and i can’t blame him at all for being rusty, it’s only natural. Thought his penalty was a total choke job though.
I cannot work out that silly clip penalty he does. He has one pen where he drills it top corner. You could actually tell the goalie you were doing it and he still wouldn't save it. These fucking modern pens do my nut in.

he ran himself into the ground for 120 minutes off the back of a long lay off. He scored our only goal.

Tav was just fine.
I'm not criticising him mate. He's been out a long time and should not have needed to do this. He did and in saying he was rusty, he was and he was not good tonight. Not his fault though.

I’ll never understand why some people expect to come on after a cop exit like that and not find people angry and bitterly disappointed. It’s better to be a demanding support than to meekly accept cup failures like the ones we’ve been getting.
It’s the I’m more staunch than you because I don’t criticise the team attitude.

Never understood it myself. I’ve been in pubs after shocking defeats and heard some mental takes, stuff far more mental than on hear. This place is no different.

I cannot work out that silly clip penalty he does. He has one pen where he drills it top corner. You could actually tell the goalie you were doing it and he still wouldn't save it. These fucking modern pens do my nut in.

I’m the same. I think he’s went down the middle too often too because the keeper didn’t commit to one side and looked like he was actually anticipating that sort of penalty. But to me it looked like he didn’t fancy himself from the start, and didn’t fancy going for one of the corners without maybe missing the target. Great that he has the balls to step up, he always does, but I think he got in his own head again.

Back