Let the scramble begin

not sure about other clubs.

Look at the cccs this season,this weekend v livi looks like the point where everybody has had a ticket. That’s 6 games away in the league plus 2 away in the cup for most to get 1 ticket.

you say people who go to more games deserve priority but there just isn’t enough tickets to suit a loyalty scheme

there’s no ideal circumstance because someone’s always going to miss out. I just don’t think it should be people who’ve went to matches against the smaller teams etc

Do you mean to Ibrox or Cup games or both?
Probably both tbh as there may be seasons where there are no cup games at Ibrox.
Even if it was to be done on points awarded for purchases then extra for attendance or something. It would mean people on CCCS who pay and turn up to a match against Clyde for instance get priority over someone who’s paid because they’re obligated to but didn’t turn up (personal circs etc I get)

My sister bought a season ticket from a fellow bear on here for the season. She lost out on first ballot for semi and was eventually told was because the cccs was activated after first European game. Annoying as she was at it and only bought the season ticket the weekend after it. Don't fancy her chances for final if that's the criteria they are using.

She won't be in the ballot.

I reckon that’s one reason the club can push secondary ticketing so well, you wouldn’t be penalised, you’d get some money back off next years tickets but someone who has been to more matches gets preference.
there’s no perfect system. I get that. But the way it is right now you could have someone (for whatever reason) who doesn’t attend the majority of matches getting a ticket for the biggest game of the season while someone who goes to every match, paying the same
Money doesn’t get to go.

You say secondary ticketing wouldn't penalise, then go on to explain exactly why it would.
I know for a fact I wouldn't use a system that pushes me to the back of the line for not going to games.
The club gets ticket money twice for one seat but the guy who gave it up gets to miss cup finals?
I don't think you really thought that through.

Again, whether I go to the majority of matches or not is of no consequence. I pay my money for them regardless of attendance.
I've been to 5 games this season but I've paid for them all.
I've missed Feyenoord, Legia and the filth so it's safe to say I'm missing out on the big games.
There are plenty like me who happily pay up front knowing we can't go to every game, I'd like to think Rangers wouldn't even contemplate shutting out supporters based on their jobs.

This is a debate that goes on forever
How many fans are members of RSC's and how many ST holders are not?
That would be good to know for a comparison
Surely the ticket office can confirm this if they have the resources to go through the RSC’s members list which are submitted each year.

priority to semi boxed ticked folk who also attended the legends game please ;)

You say secondary ticketing wouldn't penalise, then go on to explain exactly why it would.
I know for a fact I wouldn't use a system that pushes me to the back of the line for not going to games.
The club gets ticket money twice for one seat but the guy who gave it up gets to miss cup finals?
I don't think you really thought that through.

Again, whether I go to the majority of matches or not is of no consequence. I pay my money for them regardless of attendance.
I've been to 5 games this season but I've paid for them all.
I've missed Feyenoord, Legia and the filth so it's safe to say I'm missing out on the big games.
There are plenty like me who happily pay up front knowing we can't go to every game, I'd like to think Rangers wouldn't even contemplate shutting out supporters based on their jobs.

as I said, there’s no perfect plan.

fairest way I can think is to award points for those who purchase
Then extra points for attendance
Slightly less extra points using for secondary ticketing

There is no way that can accommodate everyone. Currently it's a flawed system in many respects and there perhaps should be a loyalty scheme. It's the categories that would therefore be the issue.

Then no one on the scheme uses secondary ticketing so the club and other fans lose out. You get your pal, someone off your bus etc to either sell your ticket at the game or click the turnstile twice. Not difficult with the new turnstyles

The current system where people sign up for the home CCCS is a huge money maker for the club.There are people who sign up (and pay) for all the home cup/EL games but can’t/don’t attend for a variety of reasons(work,living a large from Ibrox)They still pay their cash.
If you bring in a system where you have to buy/pay and attend these fans would drop out of the scheme and the club would lose a fortune.

I've never missed a semi final or final since the CCCS started, always allocated one.
My luck has to run out soon!

, I never got one in the first Ballot for Hearts, luck of the draw
Aye cis that'd be fair on those signing up for the crap home games :rolleyes:
I sign up for all the games, but I would accept an all in Ballot, I never got one in the first Ballot for Hearts

Last edited:
Surely the ticket office can confirm this if they have the resources to go through the RSC’s members list which are submitted each year.
Just a thought, if we have 200 RSC's x 50 members that is 10000 Fans, we have over 45000 ST holders.
So roughly about 20% of ST holders are RSC members

Maybe, but with everything in life, I think everyone should have an equal chance and anyone who helps fund the Club by purchasing a St should at least have a chance
You've got your wish then mate, everyone has an equal chance to decide to tick the relevant boxes at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: M@x
Then no one on the scheme uses secondary ticketing so the club and other fans lose out. You get your pal, someone off your bus etc to either sell your ticket at the game or click the turnstile twice. Not difficult with the new turnstyles
Why wouldn’t they use secondary ticketing?
they then get the points for purchasing and bonus points for using secondary ticketing.

if they didn’t bother then they would only get cccs points

So in case I’ve not explained it,

they get initial points for cccs say 5
Higher amount of Bonus points for attending say 2
Then if you buy and use secondary ticketing you get 1 bonus

so the most someone can get is 7
The least is 5

just as an example

You've got your wish then mate, everyone has an equal chance to decide to tick the relevant boxes at the beginning of the season.

its not really the case though, do RSC not get to apply for members who also get a shot at it themselves?

If I recall correctly, those in TC didn’t even have to apply.
It dropped through the door .
Pretty sure club made it clear , all in TC would get one .
We got told on the TC flight home from Florence that everyone in the TC would get a ticket.
Queued up at Ibrox to uplift.

Maybe, but with everything in life, I think everyone should have an equal chance and anyone who helps fund the Club by purchasing a St should at least have a chance
The 26,000 who signed up for the home CCCS guarantee huge income for the club.They commit to paying for all cup ties and Europa League qualifying and group games.The incentive for doing so is priority for tickets for semi and finals.Everyone knows this at the start of the season and can decide to commit or not.

The 26,000 who signed up for the home CCCS guarantee huge income for the club.They commit to paying for all cup ties and Europa League qualifying and group games.The incentive for doing so is priority for tickets for semi and finals.Everyone knows this at the start of the season and can decide to commit or not.
As I have, my point or belief is that the 26000 should all be in the Ballot for ant tickets outside Club use

Exactly mate. How many of that 26,000 are still gonna sign up to go to the possible games against 4th tier or lower opponents if the incentive of priority for semi and final tickets is removed. The idea that everyone going giving their money to the club for these games should have the same chance as those who can't be bothered is preposterous.

As I have, my point or belief is that the 26000 should all be in the Ballot for ant tickets outside Club use
Nice edit..;)
Yes,but you are advocating a ballot for final tickets for all ST holders.
There simply isn’t enough tickets to satisfy demand so the club choose to implement a CCCS which makes guaranteed money.

Last edited:
Appreciate you're just passing on info but strictly speaking it may not be correct as they have indicated people who signed up at the beginning of season get priority.

So is it everyone or not?:confused:
It's everyone who meets the criteria. In other words everyone who's paid for every home match.

Nice edit..;)
Yes,but you are advocating a ballot for final tickets for all ST holders.
There simply isn’t enough tickets to satisfy demand so the club choose to implement a CCCS which makes guaranteed money.
Sorry. I'm not making myself clear.
All the ST holders on the CCCS should be in the Ballot

I don't put in for semi finals or finals there are a lot more deserving Bears than me,I only go to home league games but today I heard about one guy who goes to 2 maybe 3 games a season heading up with a ticket for the game.

Neither do I, but I got one. Seen a few for sale before the game outside Hampden yesterday. Not hundreds or anything like it, but maybe a dozen or so.

Back