Mygers points being updated

That's a fu*king shambles T&Cs stated 3 years.

Don't know why anyone outside of high silver would bother it's a closed shop now.

paying £40 for the privilege of a Livi away ticket, whole thing needs binned

Paying to guarantee Hampden tickets?

Also the majority of MyGers members aren't in it for away tickets

No because silver will just be grouped closer together I’d imagine

But on the face of it, it does seem like gold will have more members and potentially slightly less in silver

5 years though. Zero point in being gold if they’ve inflated numbers as we finished on 6/7 tickets with 3000 in it, make it any bigger, and given a few teams have cut allocations, Gold will get 4/5 tickets :D

Back to cccs type levels for gold
Livingston,Killie,St Johnstone and possibly a Motherwell and one Hibs :eek: :D

Any more interesting decisions to feed back on top of this ?

Actually trailing all over Scotland got you no extra points. Everyone got the same points for the season as they allocated points for registration not a purchase ?

People that were long term RangersTV subscribers and didnt just buy it once points were offered, got their 25 points in summer 2020 along with those that bought for mygers. For last season people didnt get their points until later in the season and yet again this season the 25 points has not been awarded to long term subscribers that oddly enough didnt buy it in June before points were a thing.

Any more examples of always rewarded ?

(Am I wrong on these 2, just checked my account)

Obvious 3rd. The failure to apply 3 years as per terms and conditions.

That's a fu*king shambles T&Cs stated 3 years.

Don't know why anyone outside of high silver would bother it's a closed shop now.

paying £40 for the privilege of a Livi away ticket, whole thing needs binned
Sounds like you don't have much purchase history. I agree though, it is pretty much a closed shop. Perhaps in another 5 years it becomes a scrap for program points and rtv membership when all the historical points dropped off

What makes you think it’s more members?

It’s a slightly higher threshold to get in than start of season was. Guess we will see when the email comes out telling us how many members in each tier.
There was more points available in 21/22 than there was in 16/17 so I’d have expected it to be higher, particularly as no euro away points have dropped off

I highly doubt we’ll get tier breakdowns

Ah yeah haha! My membership tier still says April 22. So still time for them to change it to something ridiculous like 6 months
Changed the wording from updated every 12 weeks to
“Your MyGers Membership Tier will be updated throughout the season.”
So they can basically update things anytime they want.

Sounds like you don't have much purchase history. I agree though, it is pretty much a closed shop. Perhaps in another 5 years it becomes a scrap for program points and rtv membership when all the historical points dropped off
If they remove euro away/TC from it then it opens the scheme right up

They will eventually annex it as gold, regularly travellers, are never going to be overtaken

Top end of the middle of silver for us. I don't envisage another European final for a little while at least so this all but secures me Hampden which is the only reason I joined anyway

Any more interesting decisions to feed back on top of this ?

Actually trailing all over Scotland got you no extra points. Everyone got the same points for the season as they allocated points for registration not a purchase ?

People that were long term RangersTV subscribers and didnt just buy it once points were offered, got their 25 points in summer 2020 along with those that bought for mygers. For last season people didnt get their points until later in the season and yet again this season the 25 points has not been awarded to long term subscribers that oddly enough didnt buy it in June before points were a thing.

Any more examples of always rewarded ?

(Am I wrong on these 2, just checked my account)

Obvious 3rd. The failure to apply 3 years as per terms and conditions.
How long have you got mate? Could give you a few examples

No id imagine I'm quite high gold and I'll always be high gold. I'd of had no issue with staying at 5 years whatsoever but its the moving of the goalposts.

I bought my sons membership on the basis it was 3 years as per the T&Cs. I know plenty in the same boat.

No id imagine I'm quite high gold and I'll always be high gold. I'd of had no issue with staying at 5 years whatsoever but its the moving of the goalposts.

I bought my sons membership on the basis it was 3 years as per the T&Cs. I know plenty in the same boat.
Don’t disagree bud, I have arguably been the most vocal critic of mygers since it’s inception, however they have a carte Blanche clause in the T&Cs to allow them to change rules as they see fit

That’s been one of my complaints from the start

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably hit the dizzy heights this year and get 5 aways (if gold has slightly more in the tier along with allocation cuts at Hearts and St Mirren).
I picked up spares for most games. Couldn’t get Motherwell, hearts, sheep or them, got everything else

Probably hit the dizzy heights this year and get 5 aways (if gold has slightly more in the tier along with allocation cuts at Hearts and St Mirren).
it’s going to end up (eventually) no greater than what you’d get in the old CCCS - probably 4, over the coming years.

pathetic really, but has worked in the clubs favour.

it’s going to end up (eventually) no greater than what you’d get in the old CCCS - probably 4, over the coming years.

I am in it for guarantee of Hampden and Euro aways.
I went 12 domestic away games in a row without one from MyGers (always in gold) sourced all the other tickets through various sources.

only thing I’ve bought is annual RTV and always been safely in Gold, now get ma Europa and Scottish cup points added ya tadgers

Surprised it was changed to 3 years even more surprised they've moved it back to 5, they must love the criticism.

I assumed they'd meet in the middle at 4 years as that probably would of kept everyone happy ish.

Yes, but Away allocations have been cut - and those competing for them greatly increased - since the dizzy heights of 4/5 tickets on the old CCCS scheme. Go back to CCCS this season and folk would probably get just 2 Aways.

Probably 11 points shy of where I thought Gold would start. Going on Aprils update Gold was less than 3000 out of 40 odd thousand on My Gers.

I think the top 10% for Gold is a reasonable number.

I finished last season on 8 away tickets and guaranteed Hampden. I am more than happy with that for my 40 bucks.

Looking at the fixtures and likely allocations for this coming season. This is full allocation and not mygers, though it'll be roughly 50%

Livingston x 2 - 7400
Hibs x 2 - 3400
Celtic x 2 - 800
Aberdeen x 2 - 1600
Hearts x 2 - 1100
Motherwell x 2 - 3400
St Johnstone x 1 - 5000
St Mirren x 1 - 1600
Ross County x 1 - 2000 ish?
Dundee United x 1 - 4000?
Kilmarnock x 1 - 4000

Plus 2 away games after the split

Surprised it was changed to 3 years even more surprised they've moved it back to 5, they must love the criticism.

I assumed they'd meet in the middle at 4 years as that probably would of kept everyone happy ish.

I must have missed this - I knew they were going to make it three, but have they now, after fan consultation, changed it back again to five?

Buying RTV. But, as indicated, if everyone above and on the same tier as you makes the same purchases, you'll not move anywhere.
Standard RTV subscriptions is 25 points and costs £60.
The Worldwide unlimited package gets 40 points but is £240.
And at the end of the day it means maybe you get a Livi or Killie away ticket.

Probably 11 points shy of where I thought Gold would start. Going on Aprils update Gold was less than 3000 out of 40 odd thousand on My Gers.

I think the top 10% for Gold is a reasonable number.

I finished last season on 8 away tickets and guaranteed Hampden. I am more than happy with that for my 40 bucks.
Put 4000 in gold and there’s no way anyones getting 8. Some gold finished on 6 despite applying for everything

We’re headed towards 4/5 maximum again (st Mirren halved our allocation/hearts confirmed at 1000 etc)

Looking at the fixtures and likely allocations for this coming season. This is full allocation and not mygers, though it'll be roughly 50%

Livingston x 2 - 7400
Hibs x 2 - 3400
Celtic x 2 - 800
Aberdeen x 2 - 1600
Hearts x 2 - 1100
Motherwell x 2 - 3400
St Johnstone x 1 - 5000
St Mirren x 1 - 1600
Ross County x 1 - 2000 ish?
Dundee United x 1 - 4000?
Kilmarnock x 1 - 4000

Plus 2 away games after the split
Mygers get 250 for Parkhead, circa 750 for Aberdeen, 400 for hearts

Mygers doesn’t get 50% for majority of games, it’s closer to 40%

Put 4000 in gold and there’s no way anyones getting 8. Some gold finished on 6 despite applying for everything

We’re headed towards 4/5 maximum again (st Mirren halved our allocation/hearts confirmed at 1000 etc)
Agreed looks like gold will be loaded this year

I must have missed this - I knew they were going to make it three, but have they now, after fan consultation, changed it back again to five?
Changed it back to five after the forum because people who dont travel and about to drop out of gold were moaning.

Folk can get tickets on here as those people who were about to drop out of gold will be applying for everything and punting their tickets as they still wont travel but need to game the system. The ticket office section on here will be booming.

Club said the change was to provide access to younger bears but they have removed access to almost everything for those bears in bronze. Also opened itself up to a lot of those requesting refunds or dropping out of its money maker.

Possibly but the allocations have been cut regardless. So you would end up with even less if you were in a lower tier.

Mygers get 250 for Parkhead, circa 750 for Aberdeen, 400 for hearts

Mygers doesn’t get 50% for majority of games, it’s closer to 40%

For the lower class games like Livi and St Johnstone I'd imagine it would be over 50% as the clamour for tickets from players and sponsors will be lower.

Comparing to last season we had 17 domestic away league games with a total allocation of around 53000, this seasons games up to the split will be about 52000.

Possibly but the allocations have been cut regardless. So you would end up with even less if you were in a lower tier.
Of course but I think it’ll become “fairer” in relation to gold % for games being lowered to allow for more to go to silver/bronze

I can foresee it. It’ll be interesting if they provide tier breakdowns as promised - let’s see if they provide a breakdown for each game (rhetoric point)

Back