Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

Away you go.

I left the game after applauding the players.

Walked an hour from the stadium to the bus.

Our bus left Seville at 2 got back to Malaga at 5 straight to the airport for the 6am flight to Geneva we just made it. Currently on board a flight from Luton to Edinburgh.

I’ll get back to my house in Glasgow about 6 after being on the go with my 11 year old son for nearly 36 hours.

I don’t know if the people putting the boot into the fans after last night appreciate what it takes sometimes to support the team.
Probably because they’ve never been there, done that. Anyone levelling criticism at those who left last night before the medal presentation does not have a fucking clue.

Last edited:
Must be magic being able to get up from
Your couch for a glass of water, beer or juice then come on here and criticise people.

See if you don’t know the circumstances of last night as a whole from 615 on wards in the ground then just stfu

I watched people collapse on concourses, people going to the toilets and ending up just drowning themselves in water, to cool down. All kiosks closed from about 7pm, not one bottle of water to be had.

We then had people myself included who had a 1am pick up, the police weren’t allowing people through to meet with their group to go home and were forcing people the long way round.

I don’t honestly get people who’s first thought is to have a go about people who stayed or left. The team were applauded as soon as the final whistle went and tav etc came over behind the goal.

Genuinely everywhere I’ve ever been with us from shite holes to some of the best stadiums in Europe that was the most disgusting “facilities” I’ve ever encountered. Police, ambulance etc all just saying toilet toilet when as asked about water not giving a %^*&.

Never seen so many people struggle with exhaustion etc, young old the lot. That heat last night I’ve never experienced in my life.

For a showcase final it was a fucking joke

This pretty much sums it up.

I get this is a forum & everyone is entitled to an opinion, but anyone passing judgment on our fans in that stadium last night should really just keep stoom.

To a man, the fans in that stadium represented our club impeccably.

To give people an idea of how harsh the conditions were, my fitness tracker has me watching the game in the ground at near the same strain on my body as running a half marathon did in March. So a big %^*& up to anyone who’s trying to act like we were entitled
The only folk saying this stuff are people who couldn’t point to Ibrox on a map.

They don’t understand.

I didn't go to Seville - your question reminds me of Jimmy Sanderson's, " Were you at the game, caller? " :)) - but if I was there I would have supported the team unconditionally.

This was not a domestic challenge where fans can quite rightly at times be critical, this was a unique achievement to be even there against yet another opponent with hugely greater resources. A good support will literally support the team win, lose or draw, especially when you are underdogs.

I'm not making sweeping judgements against fans in general but those in the stadium last night failed as supporters.
(In my opinion.)

Shut up

Away you go.

I left the game after applauding the players.

Walked an hour from the stadium to the bus.

Our bus left Seville at 2 got back to Malaga at 5 straight to the airport for the 6am flight to Geneva we just made it. Currently on board a flight from Luton to Edinburgh.

I’ll get back to my house in Glasgow about 6 after being on the go with my 11 year old son for nearly 36 hours.

I don’t know if the people putting the boot into the fans after last night appreciate what it takes sometimes to support the team.
Not having a go, but Ulster bears do it every other week and appreciate it perhaps more than Glaswegians

It's a 24 operation if I go over and back by bus and boat, not a 15 minute stroll or a hop on the subway.

It's still not an excuse for not waiting back 5 minutes to applaud the players for their efforts.

Our charter flight was leaving at 1.50am from seville and no transport was laid on from the travel agent so many had toleave the stadium immediately to try and get back to the airport on there own steam , most of us had raised concerns prior to leaving Glasgow. Some on the plane home said never do a day trip again as taxis were not stopping and even pre booked taxis were not turning up.Our taxi was booked for 12 in case of extra time and we were notified during the game due to the police cordon our taxi was meeting us elsewhere,so after the penalties we over we had to run nearly a mile to catch it as we were told that would only wait 10 minutes. On every other occasion I would have stayed to show my support for the players and management.

They jumped a boy in my section when he was trying to buy water from the one concession stand opened at half time. He was a bit shaken but fine. Then as we were leaving there were a few Frankfurt fans trying to push their way into the stadium and getting beaten back by police batons. I was sitting in the “neutral” section beside the Frankfurt fans but there was no segregation between them and the neutrals so we were all using the same spaces in the concourses. Police were monitoring the toilets pretty heavily thankfully.

I was in the same section as you. I thought most fans behaved really well even when both teams scored. I actually fell into 2 of their fans while jumping about with another bear and they picked me up and dusted me down

Our charter flight was leaving at 1.50am from seville and no transport was laid on from the travel agent so many had toleave the stadium immediately to try and get back to the airport on there own steam , most of us had raised concerns prior to leaving Glasgow. Some on the plane home said never do a day trip again as taxis were not stopping and even pre booked taxis were not turning up.Our taxi was booked for 12 in case of extra time and we were notified during the game due to the police cordon our taxi was meeting us elsewhere,so after the penalties we over we had to run nearly a mile to catch it as we were told that would only wait 10 minutes. On every other occasion I would have stayed to show my support for the players and management.
It’s actually sad people who were there are having to justify themselves to people who weren’t

It looked sad.

The lads went up to collect their medals and our side of the stadium had already been abandoned.

The players deserve so much more than they got from the support last night.

The Ibrox crowd has been the difference this year, and yes the stadium sounded like a nightmare, but last night was now or never and we were simply outsung despite being the majority.

We may never live to get the same chance again.
Easy for you to say sitting in your house with your heating pumping. Meanwhile i’ve just stood in 35 degree heat with no water for 3.5 hours after a day of already drinking beer in the sun. Some things just don’t matter and for me watching us go take our runners up medal was bottom of the list. I applauded them when they came over. For longer than most, then walked back to my car and we drove 6 hours through spain. This wasn’t hampden in 12 degrees.

Thats a uefa problem, the tickets that rangers were given were done top down so most of those in the rangers section go week in week out, if youve got a problem with the number of tickets that were given to neutrals and resold on then direct your anger towards uefa for their ticket distrubution, no one should be coming on here having a go at our own fans
It was not a dig at our fans, you hit the nail in the head.

I’m reading that again.

Toilets were rammed with folk drinking from sinks.

And I’ll add, in second hand cups.

We were treated disgustingly today. Tens of thousands of pounds (maybe more) stolen from us. Herded and treated like scum by the police. No water. And a frankly substandard and extremely dangerous stadium.
The stadium was a shithole, to get along the rows you had to stand on the seats, I nearly decked it twice just walking up the stairs. Police were cúnts.

What we saw was the Frankfurt club engaging with their fans and ultras. They were so organised and everything orchestrated. Fantastic show from them.
In F11, it was difficult to hear what was coming from our end.
It seemed Frankfurt took it seriously and we didn’t.
They also had most of their fans in place well before kickoff when we probably had about 75% still in the pubs.
I think we thought we had it won

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

The bit looked empty as they went up

They made us dream

They made us proud
Without asking or reading the thread I know you were not at the game
Please don't make snap judgement of people, it was brutal last night and I don't mean the game or the result

Yet more criticism from someone ignorant of the conditions before the game and in the stadium.
Did the Germans have better conditions before the game and in the stadium? They were certainly a hell of a lot more vocal. If they were treated better, then questions need to be asked.

I didn't go to Seville - your question reminds me of Jimmy Sanderson's, " Were you at the game, caller? " :)) - but if I was there I would have supported the team unconditionally.

This was not a domestic challenge where fans can quite rightly at times be critical, this was a unique achievement to be even there against yet another opponent with hugely greater resources. A good support will literally support the team win, lose or draw, especially when you are underdogs.

I'm not making sweeping judgements against fans in general but those in the stadium last night failed as supporters.
(In my opinion.)
Well I heard %^*& all from your couch either mate
Yet more criticism from someone ignorant of the conditions before the game and in the stadium.
true mate my only disappointment was the OP wasn’t there :D.

The players had already lapped our end at the final whistle and frankly I’d had enough of that ground

I was thirsty and managed to get 3 bottles of water from the kiosk that had previously been shut as soon as the pens finished. I’ll be honest though, I couldn’t stomach being there for any longer with the way we lost so won’t use the lack of water as an excuse.

I'll be honest, we left after the Frankfurt winning penalty.

Not because we wanted to, but because we had texts from Barrhead Travel saying flights were leaving as soon as fans got back to the airport and we had no idea where to find a taxi to get us there as no transfers included.

Just as well we did, as we wandered for ages before getting a taxi by pure luck miles away from the stadium.

I’d say not putting a performance in like Dortmund or Leipzig and letting a very beatable team win the trophy was a bigger disappointment

I'll be honest, we left after the Frankfurt winning penalty.

Not because we wanted to, but because we had texts from Barrhead Travel saying flights were leaving as soon as fans got back to the airport and we had no idea where to find a taxi to get us there as no transfers included.

Just as well we did, as we wandered for ages before getting a taxi by pure luck miles away from the stadium.
Tbh mate I don’t know why guys like yourself are trying to justify these things , to people who weren’t there or in that situation .

The stadium was a shithole, to get along the rows you had to stand on the seats, I nearly decked it twice just walking up the stairs. Police were cúnts.
Yup. At the start a chap in front of me almost ended up in a bad way. He caught his ankle in the gaps behind Two of the seats. He ended up two rows down. On another day he was ending up with a snapped ankle.

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

They made us dream

They made us proud
Fine in your mind, not in reality.
You just want to get the fck out and back on your bus.

Disagree with your last sentence. It was an utter shambles getting in last night. You were there so you'll know they segregated everyone outside too. I obviously don't know this for a fact but, given our numbers v theirs isn't it possible that their support would've found it far easier to get in abs certainly a lot quicker? I know for my part I was dropped at the stadium at 6pm. Didn't get in until 6.50.jand it took me literally 2 minutes to get in.
Disagree with your last sentence. It was an utter shambles getting in last night. You were there so you'll know they segregated everyone outside too. I obviously don't know this for a fact but, given our numbers v theirs isn't it possible that their support would've found it far easier to get in abs certainly a lot quicker? I know for my part I was dropped at the stadium at 6pm. Didn't get in until 6.50.
Just checked the times on my photos. 18:36 outside the stadium and 18:39 when I got to my seat. I didn’t see any chaos. Quite the opposite. But that was just my experience. Many Frankfurt fans were in with us.
I saw nothing to suggest it was easier for one lot or the other.
I don’t know mate, there was just a point where there was a very significant difference in the number of fans in their seat at both end. Could well have been something outside that I’m not aware of.

Just checked the times on my photos. 18:36 outside the stadium and 18:39 when I got to my seat. I didn’t see any chaos. Quite the opposite. But that was just my experience. Many Frankfurt fans were in with us.
I don’t know mate, there was just a point where there was a very significant difference in the number of fans in their seat at both end. Could well have been something outside that I’m not aware of.

Yeah mate, I agree with there, I was in S45 and their end did look full long before ours. Just shows you what a few minutes can make. It was genuinely a ballache trying to get in for us and it couldn't have been too far away from when you entered.

What we saw was the Frankfurt club engaging with their fans and ultras. They were so organised and everything orchestrated. Fantastic show from them.
In F11, it was difficult to hear what was coming from our end.
It seemed Frankfurt took it seriously and we didn’t.
They also had most of their fans in place well before kickoff when we probably had about 75% still in the pubs.
No like the Germans being organised eh? :D Getting intro our end the police were doing it in sections, only letting so many fans through at a time, took about three goes to get through. At the first bit they held us for half an hour. It was starting to get a bit heated, the police on horses at one stage changed their hats to the riot helmets, "I thought here we go", expecting a charge, I told two of my mates that were sitting on the kerb to get up in case they did charge.

Not read the posts on the thread and not going to either. Anyone who was there will know the conditions and the stewarding. A lot of us were under severe constraints on finding a way back to transport on very limited time and it was tough getting a sense of direction after the match even with a phone app. Nothing to do with not supporting the team or recognising their efforts.

They made us dream

They made us proud

Mate I was sitting beside the Frankfurt fans. It wasn't pleasant sitting there. Wanted out of there asap

There was so much wrong with the experience last night it will take me 3 pages of A4 to get it all down - which I will do and send to UEFA, not that it will do any good. Frankly it was a hellish evening.

Despite having UEFA ballot tickets we were slap in the middle of a huge Frankfurt section behind the goal, tifosi and all, despite submitting UK passport details at the outset. How the hell does that happen ? Getting in was a complete joke at entrance D - a massive free for all designed to get you crushed or catch covid - probably both.

But to get to the point about leaving after penalties, the supply of water in the stadium was appalling - almost inhuman in that heat. Very few of the food kiosks were even open ! At half time batons were drawn as people (mostly Germans) clamoured for water. They should have been handing out tons of water for free. A lot of ashen looking people at the end, myself included. I couldn't wait to get out of that dump and find water - and I had no alcohol during the day.

As a venue for a European final it was a disgrace. God knows how people are not killed in the upper tier where I was. Never in a million years would that place get a safety certificate in the UK. Ibrox an emperor's palace in comparison.

So UEFA, you failed - miserably.

Our buses were parked up 6 kilometres away at the instruction of the police. Make no apology for leaving bang on full time to make sure we caught our only realistic hope of transport back to Albufeira over 200k away.

The lack of self awareness in this piss poor post is up there with the worst I’ve read this week, especially for a gentleman of your years.

do you honestly think the thousands of posts just on this forum regarding the water and the conditions is a fable?

have a word with yourself

I was in Barca in 1972. We werent thirsty but the 'singing' was pathetic. Manchester was the same and now Seville.

I posted before the game reminding fans that they had a chance to impress a worldwide audience and show them all what our fans were about.

So disappointing again. Frankfurt fans? They, like Zenit, made us look poor. How do you explain this? They had the same environment. Zenit had the same environment.

Probably because they’ve never been there, done that. Anyone levelling criticism at those who left last night before the medal presentation do not have a fucking clue.
Aye it’s easy for people that don’t actually go on trips to criticise without having the faintest idea of what actually goes on

We were a 90min walk to a bus and had a set departure time so people could make 7am flights, with enough time to go and collect their bags

Stayed and applauded until the medals ceremony. Not being funny but I’m not going to sit and watch the team get a losers medal, they got a good reception off the fans after the game and they knew we appreciated their efforts

After persuading a steward to open the gate between sections, my son and I were reunited and stayed to applaud until the last Ranger left the pitch. It is highly unlikely that I will ever get the opportunity to attend and see Rangers in a European Final. I was very grateful for the opportunity, having followed on to Belgrade, Braga and Leipzig this season and had to acknowledge the efforts of our entire squad.
Totally respect that people have different reasons for how they handle these situations.

I was in the same section as you. I thought most fans behaved really well even when both teams scored. I actually fell into 2 of their fans while jumping about with another bear and they picked me up and dusted me down
Yeah the fans during the game in the stands were largely fine. Me and my dad were sitting with two Frankfurt fans in the seats to our right and four or five on the row below us. It was on the concourses away from view where things were at their most edgy, I was told by one of them when I went to use the toilet that I was "in the wrong part of the stadium" and I thought he was just playing around but when I tried to laugh it off he told me to stay on my own side.

The great majority of Frankfurt fans were brand new throughout the whole few days - a bit of banter here and there but the general message was that they were pleased to be playing against a team with a proper traveling support. Just annoying that UEFA decided to treat Rangers fans like scum throughout the whole event.

There was so much wrong with the experience last night it will take me 3 pages of A4 to get it all down - which I will do and send to UEFA, not that it will do any good. Frankly it was a hellish evening.

Despite having UEFA ballot tickets we were slap in the middle of a huge Frankfurt section behind the goal, tifosi and all, despite submitting UK passport details at the outset. How the hell does that happen ? Getting in was a complete joke at entrance D - a massive free for all designed to get you crushed or catch covid - probably both.

But to get to the point about leaving after penalties, the supply of water in the stadium was appalling - almost inhuman in that heat. Very few of the food kiosks were even open ! At half time batons were drawn as people (mostly Germans) clamoured for water. They should have been handing out tons of water for free. A lot of ashen looking people at the end, myself included. I couldn't wait to get out of that dump and find water - and I had no alcohol during the day.

As a venue for a European final it was a disgrace. God knows how people are not killed in the upper tier where I was. Never in a million years would that place get a safety certificate in the UK. Ibrox an emperor's palace in comparison.

So UEFA, you failed - miserably.
Absolutely spot on. Was in F32 section and it was absolutely inhumane. No water, no drinks, water came in, raised to €5, sold out, water off in the toilets and then locked some toilets completely.

Death trap trying to enter or exit your row. Loose and crumbly passageways. My seat was not attached properly. Got in at 19:30 after being held in a street by their police from 18:30. Queued for drinks for 1 hour 15 minutes, a Rangers fan gave me a Coke and Fanta, forever grateful.

Amazed nobody died, and that is not being dramatic. Never experienced anything like it in 35-40 years of following Rangers.

Don’t think we were as noisy as Braga or Leipzig, though to suggest it was because the real fans weren’t there is nonsense. Conditions were brutal, guy next to me passed out, and on trip for ‘toilet water’ the concourse had loads of folk lying there unable to watch the game. Come the end of the match the players came over to us, we clapped, then mostly left. I’d imagine they’d have left straight after the shootout given the chance also.

Your
The fans as a whole were pretty poor, they were out sung form the first minute until the end.
I'd have given my left bollock to be in that Stadium, yet our fans just sat there quiet as mouse's when being outsung by the Germans, who also had no water and were in the sun.

The players needed a lift, their fans gave them it constantly, ours didn't.
You could have bought a ticket on the ticket websites and kept both bollocks, but you choose to stay at home.

Why were the Germans louder though? Were they being treated differently in terms of facilities and police enforced waiting?

Completely agree that folk were dehydrated and/or had planes to catch, what bothered me was the lack of vocal support, hardly heard a peep until the half hour mark.
Watched on telly.
The Germans were bouncing.
We looked exhausted everytime the camera panned on us

To be fair we got in at a similar time to you, entered via the shopping centre after walking 10 mins from the south metro station, san Bernardo I think it was. Got through really easily but this wasn’t the way we were supposed to go, I don’t think.

Back