Only Disappointment - Fans at Full Time

Yeah the fans during the game in the stands were largely fine. Me and my dad were sitting with two Frankfurt fans in the seats to our right and four or five on the row below us. It was on the concourses away from view where things were at their most edgy, I was told by one of them when I went to use the toilet that I was "in the wrong part of the stadium" and I thought he was just playing around but when I tried to laugh it off he told me to stay on my own side.

The great majority of Frankfurt fans were brand new throughout the whole few days - a bit of banter here and there but the general message was that they were pleased to be playing against a team with a proper traveling support. Just annoying that UEFA decided to treat Rangers fans like scum throughout the whole event.

F41? I thought the rival fans were the least of our worries, we were all sharing drinks as people started dropping like flies. It was the stadium itself and the organisation that was a shit show

Yeah, it was disappointing. I just spoke with friends who were there though, and they were saying loads of people had no access to water, and they were desperate to get out and eat/drink. Heads should roll for that in Seville.
100%true. Appx 5 hrs at 30+oC temperatures with little to no water for most

Just checked the times on my photos. 18:36 outside the stadium and 18:39 when I got to my seat. I didn’t see any chaos. Quite the opposite. But that was just my experience. Many Frankfurt fans were in with us.
I saw nothing to suggest it was easier for one lot or the other.
I don’t know mate, there was just a point where there was a very significant difference in the number of fans in their seat at both end. Could well have been something outside that I’m not aware of.
After having to walk to the ground from the fanzone, We arrived at the top of the street to the ground at 7pm, were held back by cops for 15 mins, then let through to the next barricade of cops where we were made to wait another 15 mins to get past them, then the next barriers to get to have my ticket checked another 10 mins then another 10 to get searched by cops taking whatever they wanted from fans, we got to our seats just after 8pm, utter shambles with zero communication from the Spanish organisers.

I mean, I had to leave as was on the day trip and didn’t want to miss the bus.

Stayed for 5 or 10 minutes as the team came over to applaud but left after that.

I stayed and watched Frankfurt lift the trophy. Feel its our duty to be magnaminous in defeat. Can appreciate for elderly and kids that this isn't possible, especially after the shitshow that unfolded with the water situation.

Im assuming all those having a dig will be up at Auchenhowie.

Not much to ask if you thought the bears in sweltering heat, treated like shyte were poor for leaving to catch flights etc that you will be up there roaring the bears?
of course they wont, theyll be sat on their fat arses watching sky sports news complaining theres a poor turn out

Last edited:
The amount of stress quite a lot of the support were under to get a bus that wasn't hanging around was mental. A lot of folk had been at the ground from 6 with very little water but if it makes you feel better start another thread about the fans.

We stayed and applauded, but our seats were located on the "deathtrap tier" and I was dehydrated, dizzy and tired on top of dealing with my kid's devastation.

Also were facing a 45 minute walk back to the apartments with a 5am alarm call.

What we saw was the Frankfurt club engaging with their fans and ultras. They were so organised and everything orchestrated. Fantastic show from them.
In F11, it was difficult to hear what was coming from our end.
It seemed Frankfurt took it seriously and we didn’t.
They also had most of their fans in place well before kickoff when we probably had about 75% still in the pubs.
What you say is partly correct but this is a cultural thing. This has been spoken about many times on FF about the Ultra style of supports European teams have visiting Ibrox and this was just of a larger scale last night. There's no doubt Frankfurt fans were impressive last night but everything thing they do is choreographed and co-ordinated right down to the shirts they wear and in large numbers this will come across louder, whereas our style of support kind of reflects the flow of the game. I thought we were loud at times but it was a totally different dynamic to being at Ibrox and it is easy for folk who weren't there to lash out when we are all hurting. Rangers don't need to engage with our fans to make us sing or support the team, this comes naturally and sometimes some atmospheres are better than others. Apart from the colours of shirts I couldn't tell the difference between just about every away Euro team that has visited Ibrox as they are all robots and clones of each other, not saying they don't support their teams, while we are envied for our raw passion. To end, I applauded the team last night but left before the presentation because like a lot of others had a close call to make it back to the airport. Over the course of the day our support was brilliant but were treated like shit by Uefa at the stadium and that should be considered by folk who want to have a go at us.

Was it aye? How do you know this?

Care to explain to me how it could be full of first/part timers when the tickets were allocated top down through MyGers?
You got offered a ticket for Seville without having ever attended a European away game, so long as you ticked the away cccs/semi cccs boxes historically

Some of those who ticked the cccs boxes only done so to pass on their tickets to friends/family/buses.

You got offered a ticket for Seville without having ever attended a European away game, so long as you ticked the away cccs/semi cccs boxes historically

Some of those who ticked the cccs boxes only done so to pass on their tickets to friends/family/buses.

How many is some? I'd suggest very few actually do this.

How many is some? I'd suggest very few actually do this.
Personally know of a fair few that do it but no point going into specifics. People will know others in that category too

Out of the 4000 I’d guess it would be more than 10% though across the board (some might’ve passed on half their tickets etc but it has happened). Merely pointing out that small flaw, of course over time those points will be dropping off

I didn't go to Seville - your question reminds me of Jimmy Sanderson's, " Were you at the game, caller? " :)) - but if I was there I would have supported the team unconditionally.

This was not a domestic challenge where fans can quite rightly at times be critical, this was a unique achievement to be even there against yet another opponent with hugely greater resources. A good support will literally support the team win, lose or draw, especially when you are underdogs.

I'm not making sweeping judgements against fans in general but those in the stadium last night failed as supporters.
(In my opinion.)
That last paragraph is the Biggest pile of sh@te I’ve seen on here for a while and that’s saying something.

I didn't go to Seville - your question reminds me of Jimmy Sanderson's, " Were you at the game, caller? " :)) - but if I was there I would have supported the team unconditionally.

This was not a domestic challenge where fans can quite rightly at times be critical, this was a unique achievement to be even there against yet another opponent with hugely greater resources. A good support will literally support the team win, lose or draw, especially when you are underdogs.

I'm not making sweeping judgements against fans in general but those in the stadium last night failed as supporters.
(In my opinion.)
Those at the game never supported the team?

"Im not making sweeping judgements" - goes onto make sweeping judgement.

Should resurrect the fail boat for this post alone

(In my opinion.)
You didn’t go to Seville but the fans that did and had tickets failed as supporters :D

That’s honestly one of the funniest things I’ve read on here in a while

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

The bit looked empty as they went up

They made us dream

They made us proud
Although last night was a special achievement - how many “fans” would stay to applaud and see players collect their runners up medals.

Will Hearts fans or god forgive our fans stay to applaud after the final whistle should they be on the losing side on Saturday. Don’t forget Saturday is also a special achievement as it represents our chance to lift the Scottish cup for the first time in well over a decade (13years to be precise) since we got booted down the league

My only disappointment after tonight is that every Rangers fan should have stayed and applauded the team for there efforts when they went to collect there medals and the amazing run they have had.

They made us dream

They made us proud
My bus left 1hr after the game I was a good hour and a half away from bus sorry but %^*& staying and clapping rangers getn their runners up medals

They made us dream

They made us proud
Easy to say as you where not there a look at me statement

I left before medal ceremony but time was big factor as flight to catch early morning and after midnight before game finished.

I stayed until just before the players got called for medals and had to leave

I was dehydrated to feck. My legs were killing me from standing all day since 10am. I was sweating and I had to just get out the stadium and find somewhere to get water.

Adrenaline got me through the extra time and penalties but after the shootout, obviously was gutted but felt weak as feck and needed water badly

I was right next to the Germans plus 5 miles from pick up point to get back to Malaga no way I was staying unless we lifted the cup plus as already stated no water etc at stadium it was horrendous joke venue shite stadium well done Uefa
After you’ve been drinking all day in the 41 degrees heat water becomes a priority after 120 minutes + so I don’t blame anybody for leaving it was a horrible situation to be in eventually got back to pick up point bus not there had been moved by the Polce for no good reason eventually found it in another bus park just by chance about another mile away and was able to persuade driver to go back this was the disorganised shite we were up against back in Malaga for six some missing their flights.Not all to do with loving your team and not appreciating the run in Europe I’ll be applauding them on Saturday when they come on to pitch.

They made us dream

They made us proud
I applauded then left after saying thank you

but in that heat in those conditions, I dont blame them for not staying !

What a nonsense op. Been in there with my wife snd kids (10 & 14) for about 5 hours with no drinks or water. We were gutted but also dangerously dehydrated and in agony from walking all day, standing all day and doing similar the day before in malaga.

Not that we hsve to justify ourselves but the situation wasnt good in the stadium. Getting out scared the shit out of me. Was bad enough for adults but try looking after 2 young kids as well.

Slso needed to be at malaga airport for a flight home at 5:30am.

I stay to the end of every f’n game. I’m not being judged by someone with such a lack of respect for fellow fans heslth and safety.

Last edited:

(In my opinion.)
You have failed as a human being.(In my opinion)

I applauded then left after saying thank you

but in that heat in those conditions, I dont blame them for not staying !
It’s hilarious that people who weren’t there seem the most vocal

The suggestion that someone like yourself, who’s been everywhere, done the hard yards including UFA, isn’t a real fan for not watch us collect a second place medal is crazy

Hope you enjoyed it bud, can’t recall seeing you

It’s hilarious that people who weren’t there seem the most vocal

The suggestion that someone like yourself, who’s been everywhere, done the hard yards including UFA, isn’t a real fan for not watch us collect a second place medal is crazy

Hope you enjoyed it bud, can’t recall seeing you
where did your buses park mate? we where at olmypic then had to blag a cab to ground then walk it back after game

where did your buses park mate? we where at olmypic then had to blag a cab to ground then walk it back after game
Can’t even recall but I’m convinced the driver was ripping the piss. Was a drop off on a Main Street then parked up about 5miles away from where he dropped us :D

Estadio Cartuja cleared out sharpish when the penalties ended. I was out of there. Worst feeling in a long long time

Scott Arfield's 'Man in the Arena' post applies to these clueless fannies as well.

It's easy to say you would've done X, Y & Z in the imaginary scenario that you had put in the money, hours and energy into travelling and supporting. When in reality you hadn't.

It's a poor show at best and a total cunts trick at worst.

Scott Arfield's 'Man in the Arena' post applies to these clueless fannies as well.

It's easy to say you would've done X, Y & Z in the imaginary scenario that you had put in the money, hours and energy into travelling and supporting. When in reality you hadn't.

It's a poor show at best and a total cunts trick at worst.
Since 17/18, there’ll have been guys that done next to all of the trips or even 90%+ (minus covid season) yet we’ve got people on here calling fans like that a let down :D

Honestly, take a step back and contemplate what people are saying. It’s quite funny when you think about it. Maybe if they were as staunch as they make themselves out to be, and made the sacrifices regulars make, they’d have been in the stadium instead of their couches at home

Some of us were working on barely 2/3 hours sleep, flying from the UK in the early hour of Wednesday morning. It was also after 11pm local time during the penalties, drinking all day and the intense heat. Poor behaviour to stick the boot into those of us who did our best to cheer on the team.

Got to laugh at people who didn’t even go to Spain calling people at the game part timers. Some of us in the Rangers end have been going to Rangers games for decades, good times and bad, and been all over Scotland and Europe with Rangers and certainly aren’t part timers. Obviously there were a lot of people there through contacts or just because they have money but many of us are proper Rangers fans who live and breath Rangers.
I stayed behind till after Frankfurt lifted the trophy but I was staying in Seville and didn’t need to try and get a bus or find a way back to the airport after the game so wouldn’t criticise anyone who felt they needed to leave the stadium asap.

I left before the medal ceremony, soon as they scored the penalty I had to to leave the stadium.

I gave the players a clap as I always do and I'm incredibly proud of them. However that was a very sore 1 to take and I just had to get out the stadium to gather my thoughts.

Back