Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said before his proclamation that "football is shite these days" was a real public toilet blowjob statement - alarmingly it was on an episode with Barry ferguson when they denounced sports science as "shite" and Kevin Kyle when talking about analytics and stats teams said "get them tae fùck"

Absolute chimps talking pish
Theres one team big team in Glasgoe embracing sport science and analytics and another that isnt. Guess which is which

Good question.

They’re buzzing thinking they’ve found Ajer best position at right back despite him playing their previously and making a arse of it

Love it
That was more utter nonsense from them. On Sunday Ajer ran up and down the right wing a lot but I do not recall him once putting a decent cross in the box which is a pre requisite for a full back nowadays. He also got skinned for the Hearts first goal.

Essentially they were saying Ajer has found his position because he can get up and down the wing. I hope he plays there on 2nd Jan.

That was more utter nonsense from them. On Sunday Ajer ran up and down the right wing a lot but I do not recall him once putting a decent cross in the box which is a pre requisite for a full back nowadays. He also got skinned for the Hearts first goal.

Essentially they were saying Ajer has found his position because he can get up and down the wing. I hope he plays there on 2nd Jan.
He might be able to fill in there but long term is he going to play like an over lapping attacking full back people want in this day in age? That's their issue. They are temporarily trying to find solutions for their problems but no long term gsme plan or identity. Unlike Gerrard & Beale philosophy. This means that issues come to the surface again and it looks to me their players are wondering what the long term system ethos is.

They only went to 352 last year because they couldnt play 433 against us anymore.

The one with carragher is the first I’ve watched, I’m not sure which one of which but the guy with the black hoody on seemed shite, constantly promoted to ask questions, then none of his questioned flowed. There was one stage they were talking about England, the conversation had moved back to something about liverpool but he then went back and asked another stupid question about England. But the other lad in the white top seemed good

Grew to like Ferry & enjoy the open goal content but he has shown time & again doesn’t have a clue & his delusion over the beggers problems is unintentionally entertaining.
Carragher’s face when he asked if Owen could have been World class was something else. Similar comment on Benitez.

Grew to like Ferry & enjoy the open goal content but he has shown time & again doesn’t have a clue & his delusion over the beggers problems is unintentionally entertaining.
Carragher’s face when he asked if Owen could have been World class was something else. Similar comment on Benitez.

I'm not sure that Owen was World Class, mate. He certainly produced World Class moments... I'm just not entirely convinced that there were enough of them. His Ballon d'or award still seems a bit strange.

I will caveat that by saying that it certainly looked like he was going to be World Class early in his career.

I'm not sure that Owen was World Class, mate. He certainly produced World Class moments... I'm just not entirely convinced that there were enough of them. His Ballon d'or award still seems a bit strange.

I will caveat that by saying that it certainly looked like he was going to be World Class early in his career.
I think for two years or so he was definitely world class.

Michael Owen was world class for at least 2 years in the earliest part of his career. Absolutely zero doubt.

He would have comfortably been Englands best ever forward if not for the ridiculous amount of injuries he got.

Michael Owen was world class for at least 2 years in the earliest part of his career. Absolutely zero doubt.

He would have comfortably been Englands best ever forward if not for the ridiculous amount of injuries he got.
I agree. In that period at Liverpool he was very similar to Mbappe imo.

Really enjoyed the Carragher episode, he comes across very well.

Local lad who could play football and never left his roots. Though he was going to give his version of the mythical half time in Istanbul but he didn’t in the end.

Think I’ll skip the Scovid Cup Final episode...

I’d seen on Twitter at halftime Kerryfail sharing a tweet saying Ajer was the next RB in Scotland. Turned on game for second half and seen him getting ripped by the winger, then left all at sea by Halliday for Hearts first. So seems OG script comes from the most delusional tweets about how good Sellik are again with this and the Griffiths pish!

I’d seen on Twitter at halftime Kerryfail sharing a tweet saying Ajer was the next RB in Scotland. Turned on game for second half and seen him getting ripped by the winger, then left all at sea by Halliday for Hearts first. So seems OG script comes from the most delusional tweets about how good Sellik are again with this and the Griffiths pish!
Hope more teams see Hearts 2nd half approach and have a bit of a go at them, unlike killie the other week who adopted Motherwell type tactics.

‘World Class’ very subjective & open to interpretation but think in Owen’s case everyone agrees his career never hit the heights in terms of timeframe at the top of the game as expected from him bursting on to the scene.
Asking that question to his ex team-mate & probably a friend was daft I thought. Don’t think a Peterhead player is in the position to question that of a Ballon Dor winner.
Rightly or wrongly don’t think you get that accolade without being World Class at that point.

Another undeniably deluded comment on the cup final episode was saying no team have beat jaws fc by pressing them.

Half way through the Carragher one, really enjoying it - more so because Carragher is very engaging.

Slane is just getting in the way during it imo, Ferry should have done it himself. So far I’ve found it annoying the amount of times they were on a topic and I was enjoying listening to Carragher, then Slane totally changed the subject to something random they hadn’t been speaking about, without even finishing the previous answer off properly.

The carragher one was good but slaney is just too simple for these interviews with the bigger pros

completely ruins the flow asking questions that weren’t even on the topic that they were discussing at the time.

Thought Carragher was brilliant.

Helped Slaney kept his mouth shut most of the time.

They should shoot for G Nev next.

Carragher was great to listen to.

Slane is just a waste of space, every interview is the same old shite

“Who was the horniest player in team?”

“I started off nervous but I’ve calmed down now”

Si just said on Go Radio “Celtic haven’t been outplayed in one game this season. All their problems have from individual errors.” Seriously.
How many did they concede in the europa league? Not forgetting Rangers beating them in our slippers or ferencvaros.

Come to think of it , perhaps he’s got a point , but when you make an error , it can cost you .

If Santa is real , they’re gonna get the fright of their lives soon.

Kent will tear him apart !

Maybe lustig will lend him his shorts , white(grey) at the front, brown at the back .

Slane is an embarrassment and always comes out with the same old shite, it’s cringeworthy and not funny. He should be nowhere near a podcast or anything else, he’s about as good at doing that as he was at playing football.

Reactions: SE5
Slane is an embarrassment and always comes out with the same old shite, it’s cringeworthy and not funny. He should be nowhere near a podcast or anything else, he’s about as good at doing that as he was at playing football.

Asking top pros with decorated careers if ever hid from the ball getting old now. Don’t think it’s a way to endear himself to former elite pros

I enjoy listening to the podcast and over the last couple of years I’ve tended to agree with ferry but %^*& me over the last month or two, especially with Halliday being in he’s starting to make himself look a fool talking about the mentally challengeds especially.

I like ferry think he's a very good story teller.
Enjoyed the carragher episode. Would love to see them get one with Steven Gerrard.

Pretty poor comment from McAvennie on the coupon show. I don’t think he meant it but pretty distasteful. He’s an absolute wanker and offers nothing.

Dont watch the ones with him in it what did he say?
I’m guessing it’s when Derek was taking about David Hagen dying this year so he’s going to reminisce at Christmas time as he played with him at Rangers and Falkirk and that mumbling mess Frank stepped in and said “ I played at the same World Cup as Maradona but I don’t fucking go on about it!”

Embarrassing and tasteless comment but expected from a tramp like McAvennie.

I’m guessing it’s when Derek was taking about David Hagen dying this year so he’s going to reminisce at Christmas time as he played with him at Rangers and Falkirk and that mumbling mess Frank stepped in and said “ I played at the same World Cup as Maradona but I don’t fucking go on about it!”

This is it.

McAvennie's comments when Derek was talking about Hagen were shocking, to say the least.
I don't think he meant to be disrespectful but that's how it ended up. Really poor stuff.

Sounds like frank may have had a dislike for Hagen. That’s such a bizarre thing to say. It’s not even a similar comparison

Surprised that made it into the final version. I get the feeling ferry tolerates mcavennie so wouldn't surprise me if heft it in for the lash back and its then the perfect excuse to bin him

FFS. Why would you go out of your way to make a comment like that. The natural thing is to sympathise and empathise, but he’s deliberately gone out of his way to say something quite vicious.

So poor.

McAvennie is a joke. His comment regarding Hagen was distasteful.

He offers absolutely nothing to the show aside from his constant sexual innuendos like he is a 13 year old boy. He always laughs and claps at his own jokes which is embarrassing.

McAvennie is a joke. His comment regarding Hagen was distasteful.

He offers absolutely nothing to the show aside from his constant sexual innuendos like he is a 13 year old boy. He always laughs and claps at his own jokes which is embarrassing.
What did he say about DH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back