** Partick v Rangers - Match Thread - BT Sports **

Not going to lie, I find it absolutely befuddling the amount of folk that think Pena is ready to start. He's clearly no where near ready.

How is it that inconceivable that he plays 60/70 mins after coming on for 30 mins in a couple of games recently and looking better each game.

Hopefully we can win this one comfortably, we have a bad habit of going ahead then letting teams back into the game. I would like to see a few goals and a clean sheet tonight

Early goal would be ideal, and if we get that what happens next is vital. Too often after opening the scoring we find ourselves under pressure and don't keep the ball enough to create a second goal. Hope we can put that right tonight.

Hopefully we play well tonight and get the win, 2 wins in a row so far and we need to make it 4 before we face the mentally challengeds.

This is a huge game( not something you would normally associate with thistle) We need to keep momentum going into next week! A thrashing of Thistle would majorly boost the confidence levels. It also gives us a barometer of where we are. The Rolf harris tribute act are low on confidence so a statement tonight would be welcome!

As David Edgar said on Heart and Hand, Partick aren't a team that ship goals and while we beat them consistently last season, we usually struggled and relied on late goals.

I expect to see Windass start instead of Kranjcar, and I expect Miller to start even though I'd rather he didn't. Peña and Kranjcar may have a role to play when the game is more open but I'm not sure either are currently suited to the battle in the first half.

Looking forward to the game. It could be a hard slog, so I´m hoping Herrera plays. A strike force consisting of Morelos and Herrera should be too hard to handle for Partick.

do BT do options to just buy the game or do you need to take out a 12 month contract?

If you have an EE phone you can pay £5 per month for the BT app, which can be cancelled at any time, and watch it on your laptop, or, as I do, hook up your laptop to you TV via an HDMI cable.

Works pretty well

HSjEjOj.png

Looking forward to this. Couple of nice warm up games before the big one next Sat.

We need a big win tonight. 4-0 would give put us on the same points and gold difference as the scum. It would be a great psycholigical boost.

Team selection tonight will tell us an awful lot about next week.

Miller starts tonight and I think it's pretty much nailed on that he's starting next week against that mob.

For what it's worth I don't think there's a hope in hell that Pedro drops him tonight but I'd have him on the bench and give his place to either of the Mexicans

Miller's got steadily worse as the season has went on. The miss last week and his walkabout where he carried the ball about 50 yards backwards and then passed straight to the opponent summed him up so far.

I get he's an important voice in the dressing room but he's hindering us right now and we simply cannot afford to carry him as a passenger.

(Obviously he's hitting a double tonight. I know it, you know it and Thistle know it)

Pedro has to make 2 changes for me

Windass for Niko
Herrera for Miller

If Miller keeps starting the fans will end up losing patience with him. The groans have slowly been getting louder game by game due to his woeful displays and chances missed.

As for Pena, nowhere near ready to start. We can't afford to carry a passenger and yes he scored last week but if were being honest, he still looked miles off the pace and his passing, most of which was simple 10 yard passes, was abysmal

Wouldn't it be great to settle quickly, dominate from the off, get an early goal, push for more and finish them off.

I'll also settle for 1-0 but the above would ease the nerves.

Agreed, an early goal would settle us down, would also mean they would need to come back into the game creating space for Candeias,morelos and possibly DJ who I would hope to see at left mid.

Windass for Niko
Herrera for Miller

If Miller keeps starting the fans will end up losing patience with him. The groans have slowly been getting louder game by game due to his woeful displays and chances missed.

As for Pena, nowhere near ready to start. We can't afford to carry a passenger and yes he scored last week but if were being honest, he still looked miles off the pace and his passing, most of which was simple 10 yard passes, was abysmal

Agree with this as what it should be but I suspect Miller will start. Assuming we're winning reasonably comfortably then get a prolonged second half run out for Pena (in place of Miller/Herrera) and Nemane.

Only thing that may see Miller drop is if Caixina thinks having Herrera as more of a battering ram against their defence is a plan.

Not sure Miller will start on 23rd though. We may well go with 5 in midfield and there's no way we're dropping Morelos.

Tonight will be significant.

If we win - it will be the first time since he's arrived that we've won 3 games in a row under Caixinha - which to me would demonstrate progress being made.

If we drop points - questions will (rightly) be asked.

I'm wondering from the noises coming out on the social media if we may see Herrera/Morelos up top tonight.
Really hope Niko is on the bench as a minimum. Sadly he doesn't have the legs to start games.

We are still in an interesting phase as there might be changes we can't predict. If I were to bet I would think the cup game as being the game to play Herrera and Pena but Pedro did say that was the most important game of the season the other day so maybe not.

Morelos first and four nil @ 66/1.
Same fkn bet I nearly won v Dundee at 40/1!

i predicted 4-1!, Morelos to score and Pena to come off the bench and score in the match thread last week. I doubt you could get odds for that but must have been quite high. Decided to put Rangers minus 2 handicap instead lol

Just get the 3 points don't care if it's by a single goal.
Although I do think we will win with a bit to spare.

Just do it Rangers.

Would love a great performance and comfortable win but 3 points is what is important first and foremost.

Windass for Niko
Herrera for Miller

I would agree but if we are 2-3 up with 35 or so min to go Pena should get a decent run out along with Nemane as we need to get these guys up to speed asap.

Back