Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

Barrymoped

The Record have had countless front pages these last few months with Torbett on the front of it.
Yep. As much as I do not like the Records sports section these days they have been giving plenty of exposure to the beasts convicted on the front pages.

bluetonic

It's weird how these champions of morality who were set up for the poor and under privileged and who highlight injustices of the world with their political statements and banners haven't started showing"justice for the victims" banners at their games.
They're not interested unless they were politically oppressed in anyway

yosser hughes

When this mob reluctantly compensate the victims, we should be leading the charge to have them thrown out of Scottish football for good.
yip, and we all need to play our part in pushing for this,,they will hope to move on pretty quickly from this and turn their focus onto hurting us,,i hope our board are up to the task when this happens

dt17

Let's just say it isn't just the Scottish Sun that will be printing about them over the next few weeks. Today's news about the American angle was just the beginning. This isn't going away you know.
Won't ask how you know but are you sure? If so, what's the scale of the news that'll break?

cold

I found the way she said his name very strange. Hopefully Patrick McGuire can get the victims and their families some closure.

HereLiesDavidStHubbins

They used this as some sort of badge as to how good a man Stein was, a bit like the local priest who was moved to another parish seemingly it makes it okay.
When I was at Uni, I remember being told a story from one of them about how Jock Stein found out about it all and booted Jim Torbett out of his office. It was spoken about as if it was a badge of honour at the time, which was in the late 90s. I find it amazing that an entire fanbase can consciously wipe out accepted facts like this and collectively start believing something else.

adastra

Was just about to write the same. t that point of the interview it would normally just be “Patrick” but she emphasised the full name.

Was this a “come on m8 you’re one of us” type of plea/hint?

Mexi

He'll be joining Mo Johnstone, Neil McCann, Amo and all of our Catholic players on the list. No longer a "proper" Catholic in their eyes

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
So there is substance to what the guy was speaking of? I had it down as a guy with a few beers too many in him trying to come over as a responsible human being. I don't have any celtc fans in my daily circle or go on any of their sites etc.
The closest i see are the maniacs who post shite on social media, surely there must be a sizeable amount who as these beasts are being convicted one by one can see this was under their watch, and is not acceptable in any way to turn a blind eye, it totally goes against all normal human behaviour!
There is no substance in what he says at all.

This story broke in April 1994 (the end of season 93/94)
The response of sellick fans was to increase attendances by almost 40% in season 94/95.
They set an all time season attendance record in their then 107 year history.

Andrew Grays sister was forced off social media, his mother comes in for abuse for still fighting for an independent inquiry.

I have never met any of them who accept their clubs role in this.
I doubt that'll change anytime soon.

servicepoint

Tve interviewer was disgraceful in her line of questioning.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no faith in the Scottish Government instructing an independent inquiry or carry out a proper I enquiry into this matter, it would need an outside authority for it to be non protective. We’ve seen our government exclude sports clubs and associations already for no other reason other than to protect Celtic.

alex wright

If my memory isn't playing tricks, between 1972, Scotland Today stating, and 1978, the end of Stein's reign as Celtic manager, there is a interview with Stein that focusses on the Boys Club. I think it would make for very interesting viewing if it was still around.

amabluestar

When this mob reluctantly compensate the victims, we should be leading the charge to have them thrown out of Scottish football for good.

When they pay up to all the youngsters the scum infiltrated they will have nothing left.
That rancid club will then be shut down for good.
They are scum and this scum club is only the tip of the iceberg as far as the scum religion that they follow.
Scum bastards from cradle to grave, may they rot in hell forever.

muttley

When I was at Uni, I remember being told a story from one of them about how Jock Stein found out about it all and booted Jim Torbett out of his office. It was spoken about as if it was a badge of honour at the time, which was in the late 90s. I find it amazing that an entire fanbase can consciously wipe out accepted facts like this and collectively start believing something else.
The Odious Creep claimed that Stein booting out Torbett, therefore confirming Stein's complicity in the subsequent cover up of a multitude of crimes, was just a vicious internet rumour started by Rangers fans.

EH47

What a disgusting cow that BBC presenter is. " Is it a financial motive here to try and link the two organisations, Celtc Boys Club and Celtc FC. ? " She's acting like Celtc's defence brief in a courtroom, with the not so subtle insinuation that the victims only want money and not justice.
She obviously values her career at BBC Scotland far too much to risk getting on the wrong side of the bheasts and their lackeys.