Patrick McGuire speaks to BBC Radio on Celtic Boys Club Abuse

Talktalk

Were the questions directly submitted to the interviewer by the fat Jap?
Don’t know who the female was but she either is well versed on the subject and part of the New Stance by Celtic of them having nothing to do with it or she knows exactly what is going on.
She certainly wasn’t middle grounds seeing both sides of the whole torrid part of Celtics history

Jaws2

It was the supporters he was referring to regarding the gesture, it might just finally be dawning on some of them that it's is no longer acceptable to turn a blind eye.
Only some of them.

Most of them on social media won't even discuss it or try and deflect.

There's no way on earth this would happen - there'd literally be fighting in the stands.

KopGer

Don’t know who the female was but she either is well versed on the subject and part of the New Stance by Celtic of them having nothing to do with it or she knows exactly what is going on.
She certainly wasn’t middle grounds seeing both sides of the whole torrid part of Celtics history
There’s a little glimpse into a potentially repugnant defence set to be played here by Celtic.

“They’re only trying to link the two entities to make money.”

Making the football club, and not those sexually assaulted, the victim.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Well done Patrick, he sounds very confident of getting these families the justice they deserve.

tazzabear

There were no other Celtic youth teams. Celtic boys club was the Celtic youth team.
That, I believe, is what the poster was trying to establish.
Getting confirmation, more like.
Next question would be, and from memory, there must be plenty of examples of the answer, is there anywhere Celtic FC take credit for the youth players coming through?

Talktalk

There’s a little glimpse into a potentially repugnant defence set to be played here by Celtic.

“They’re only trying to link the two entities to make money.”

Making the football club, and not those sexually assaulted, the victim.
And its on full tilt to become fact mate, the more the message is put out the more history is being rewritten in front of our eyes, they know exactly how to use the media and fake news.

Shamrock hand and crown

Got speaking to one of them while on holiday, he reckons that a few of them have been speaking about the ongoing cases and want the support to acknowledge the victims by dedicating their light show thing this Thursday at 67 minutes to the abused.

Highly doubt it, but if they did and the press picked up on it it may show there is some compassion amongst them.
To shine the light on the 67th minute is shining a light on steins roll which is good.

Last edited:

Souness86

Official Ticketer
Got speaking to one of them while on holiday, he reckons that a few of them have been speaking about the ongoing cases and want the support to acknowledge the victims by dedicating their light show thing this Thursday at 67 minutes to the abused.

Highly doubt it, but if they did and the press picked up on it it may show there is some compassion amongst them.
That isn't compassion. It is damage limitation.

There is no point in shutting the stable door long after the sexually abused horse has bolted to the services of Patrick McGuire.

Mad John

not a dig at you but not a chance that would happen . they don't want to acknowledge it even happening . there's more chance they would have a whataboutery banner about gordon neely

Wilkinsvolley

Official Ticketer
They shine their phones on 67 anyway do they not? Is this them trying to say they’ve been behind victims all along?

daven37

She was right to point out Celtics stance and to ask his opinion on it. What was odd was that after the lengthy and convincing rebuttal, she took the time to round off the interview insisting that Celtic claim to have done nothing wrong. A very strange tone in which to end an interview that Celtic don't want any part of.
Is she really asking his opinion on it though?

She states celtics position using terms like "regret" and "sympathy" and of course separate entity, then says "and that is the case, isn't it" meaning in her eyes she thinks celtic are right and they have a point.

In her mind this is a fact that she thinks the lawyer will back up on radio - she is trying to lead him - I don't think she expected to have it rammed back down her throat.

Her closing comments reiterating celtics stance was unnecessary unless she still believes it to be true or celtics lawyers have warned the BBC about any unbalanced reporting on the issue.

blueboab

What happens if the child abusing cunts makes deals to silence the victims .
Do they still get investigated or does it get hushed up again ?

Div1872

Anybody know who the BBC Scotland reporter was yet????

NS.
No idea mate

I don’t listen to Radio Scotland anymore but she was very protective of St Pats FC to the extent the lawyer had to forceably tell her she was giving a totally false opinion as both organisations are inextricably linked

The sham excuse St Pats have been claiming will be completely bulldozed in court

Payments to CBC by CFC
Players being transferred from official youth team straight to professional contracts at CFC
Officials have of CFC kicking out Torbett the first time. i.e. Jock Stein
The 4 CBC executives who tried to contact CFC directors (Jack McGinn) in 1991 when Cairney assaulted the youth player in New Jersey

The Double A Man

There was an interesting article on Sky News earlier in the week.It was primarily in relation to some big companies having NDA-non disclosure agreements with some of their staff.I think it was coverage if the Sir Philip Green case. A lawyer, albeit in England stated that they were not valid if there was criminality involved and the victims had the right to go to the police if said criminality was there.If this is the case in Scotland and I have no reason to doubt it will be any different here then it may be possible for the lawyers to resurrect some of the more shady deals done,i.e. the one at the airport after the American tour carry on.

DavidSmith

Fair play to the man for giving her short shrift.

"the two were utterly intertwined ..... the truth is Celtic Boys Club was the de facto, and probably more than that, youth system for Celtic Football Club .... CFC benefited year on year from players that came from CBC ..... you couldn't become a player at CFC without coming through CBC"

"they will be facing their day in the civil courts very very soon"
Strip Bheast FC of whatever trophies they ever won since Torbett formed ‘separate entity my arse fc’ way back in 1967!
Would the parents of players such as Charlie Nicholas etc etc still have allowed their sons to join ‘separate entity my arse fc’ if they were aware that many of the young players were being sexually abused? I don’t think so!

davydumper

We need a forensic accountant to scrutinise CFC accounts.

1. Chase down payments to Trophy centre and get an explanation as to why £250,000 exactly for 4 years were paid.

2. Check to see if anyone on the St Pats structure had NI contributions or salary paid by the parent company.

HMRC should make Q1 their priority and compensation lawyers should make Q2 theirs
What I’d like to know is how the trophy centre could afford to sponsor junior football in the 80’s if indeed its the same company, that would have been costly.

davydumper

I reckon if what we are led to believe that the Americans are looking into what happened there is true, then if they admit liability, then the yanks will have a field day with them.

Wilkinsvolley

Official Ticketer
What happens if the child abusing cunts makes deals to silence the victims .
Do they still get investigated or does it get hushed up again ?
I have a feeling they’ve tried that and it’s about to kick them square in the baws.

D4RN-L

There’s a massive investigation required into all abuse cases in football but the biggest is the combined religious coverup at Steak Pie FC

tangledupinblue

A light show? A fücking light show? Aye let's just add a bit of razzmatazz to the subject...aye why not? This mob never cease to amaze me but what do you expect when they prefer to applaud tragedies and deaths instead of the correct humane silence of respect and reflection. Utter weirdos.

Walters80

What I’d like to know is where the SFA are in all this?

They have been pursuing Rangers for 7 years now and still haven’t given any word on whether they plan to take us to the CAS, but a nonce ring at one of their other member club and it’s silence all round.

JCLoyal

The Bheasts are still not apologising. That would be an admission of guilt mind you.
Apologies are too late anyway. Maybe they apologised back in the day to the familes involved in private when BJK was doing the rounds.
maybe they didnt

The Double A Man

What I’d like to know is where the SFA are in all this?

They have been pursuing Rangers for 7 years now and still haven’t given any word on whether they plan to take us to the CAS, but a nonce ring at one of their other member club and it’s silence all round.
I detest them as much as anybody, but in fairness I think their hands are tied until such time as the final case(McCafferty) is over.There has been an enquiry done by Martin Henry,a well known expert in child abuse affairs and he has already came out and said that there are quite revealing findings that will be published once the cases are out of the way.I would even stretch this to account for the Scottish Governments silence(I also have no time for them in the slightest).All will be revealed I believe in good time.

Bluetothecore

It's weird how these champions of morality who were set up for the poor and under privileged and who highlight injustices of the world with their political statements and banners haven't started showing"justice for the victims" banners at their games.
A club that prays on the weak!!