Philippe Clement Set To Be Announced As New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gone see sowt but I’m fu Jed up ii. N the beefa
Unntitled.png

After listening to a few podcasts on both managers I was leaning towards Muscat however I was always open minded and wasn’t getting my hopes up about either of them.

Hopefully he can get us going quickly as there is still plenty to play for. What I do think is important is that we get a Sporting Director in with plenty of time to oversee the squad etc before the January window. The podcasts I listened to were quite clear that he would be much more comfortable working under a sporting director. That although he would want an input in player recruitment that he wouldn’t feel comfortable in complete control of that.

Butland is a great keeper
Souttar isn’t good enough has to many mistakes in him
Yilmaz has done nothing
Raskin has potential
Lawrence permanently injured
Cantwell there is a player in him
Danilo is an average striker
Cifuentes has done nothing
Matondo had a good month
A don’t see the optimism on your part, there is not a single player in the team worth any sort of money or to get excited about.
There's not a single player worth any sort of money or to get excited about however Butland is great, Cantwell there's a player in him and Raskin has potential :D

Valid points indeed but chucking it because we’ve been poor for a few years would suggest following Rangers isnt for them. And as you mentioned earlier do they come back if we start winning trophies again? Most likely yes…
When we start winning trophies again bud.

We have to and froe'd with the scum for 135 years and it will always be thus.

There is a very noticeable element in our support (and at lots of other clubs in this generation) who don't REALLY care and would 'chuck it' in a minute once they think the enjoyment factor has gone.

For reference, see half of the numpties who were at George Square 2 years ago who'd probably never set foot inside Ibrox.

Going to go down a rabbit hole on YouTube later to try and watch his playing style, training style and interviews in English if any.

I did this with Muscat (and watched a few live matches) and the breakdown we got fed about him and his style of play were absolute rubbish :D

Welcome to Rangers Clement. Go and win the fucking league.

Huge opportunity for him to get a bit of early momentum and a positive feel back by winning the League Cup.
Absolutely a must. There’s a bit of pressure on him because of how disastrous an exit would be but if a guy of Clement’s calibre can’t outwit Steven Naismith and probably Barry Robson with a superior squad we may as well pack it in.

Last edited:
Yilmaz has done nothing
Raskin has potential
Matondo had a good month
A don’t see the optimism on your part, there is not a single player in the team worth any sort of money or to get excited about.

Agree with all that other than Danilo, you don’t get the Ajax number 9 shirt if you are average.

He has 2 goals in 2 league starts, he will
Come good.

Ultimately he needs he players back from injury, and us all to get behind him and the players . Let's support them all and see what can be achieved.

Yilmaz has done nothing
Raskin has potential
Matondo had a good month
That's the spirit :rolleyes:
In my opinion, it's a clean slate for every single player in the squad.

It all imploded, sure, but that happens with young teams. Julien Laurens was loving big Phil earlier this year.

Philippe Clement, who is one of the most low-key managers in the Big Five European leagues, won't mind that his side is flying a little bit under the radar and not much talked about at the moment. But even he can't escape the facts: Monaco are the best team in Ligue 1 right now. They've picked up more points than anyone (23 of a possible 27) since the restart after the World Cup. They've won their past five matches in all competitions, and have lost only once in the league since October -- and that was against Marseille in a wild game where they conceded a late winner. They've also scored 23 goals in the past eight games in all competitions.

For a start, they have the right manager: Clement is a bit like Leonardo Jardim was in 2017. Tactically, he is a top coach and while he doesn't look super-cool or boast a box office brand, he is calm and composed and perfect for the job. Ben Yedder is a bit like Falcao, firing. He has 18 goals in all competitions and has been excellent in recent weeks. Ben Seghir is, to a lesser extent, a bit like Mbappe was when he burst into the scenes in 2017, though the comparisons wouldn't stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back