Portugal Training Camp

Why of course? I'd have thought that those going and those staying would have been told by now so there must be a list.

Because the club aren't going to give us a list of who is there and who isn't wanted. We will have to watch the videos and work it out.

KLM used to have a lot of Fokkers, they’ve even got one as a static museum piece at Schipol. Could have been one of their old ones
Worked with KLM for 23 years bud. Carpatair have their own aircraft and Subby on some routes for KLM. KLM Cityhopper sold the old Fokkers to a couple of companies. Think Suriname and Asia.
They are old aircraft and not very comfortable. Joy for a pilot to fly though.

Anyone know where in the Algarve?

I'm there at moment and wouldn't mind heading to see the squad.
I was in Vilamoura last year and there was few English lads in our complex that were over to watch their team (canny mind what team it was) but they were driving every day to watch training and it was at some small stadium and training complex between Faro airport and Vilamoura.

That is as random as fark i know but you can clearly see it from the motorway, i saw it on the transfer. If they are training or playing there it would be easy enough to get to in a car.

Because the club aren't going to give us a list of who is there and who isn't wanted. We will have to watch the videos and work it out.
Many things the club doesn't tell us end up public knowledge and seeing as by this afternoon the whole world will know who went I wouldn't have thought that it would be such a great secret. Thanks for your input though.

In all seriousness - there must have been better options surely?? Airplane is 28 years old and most airplanes of this type were consigned to the dustbin a long time ago. It probably works put cheaper than flying Easyjet but I know who I would prefer to fly with.

FFS!

The Gaffer has trained at Vale do Lobo with England many times and it’s a well established location for pre-seasons. Also a brand new facility called The Campus, built down the road in Quinta Do Lago where Gerrard owns a home. Passed by it at Easter and looks state of the art. Top gym facilities, full size pitch etc which is shielded from public view. Looks like they sent Murphy and Polster there for a few days before the players met at Auchenhowie on Monday.

https://www.quintadolago.com/en/the-campus/training-camps/

Last edited:
There’s a training camp Vilamoura/ Quarteira which a lot of clubs have used and there’s Browns which is possible there going there.

We didnt charter a flight year. Went on Easyjet as there was only about 15 of the squad went from Glasgow and even less came back.

No idea if we have our own flight this year or just going on a scheduled one.
Wouldnt want EJ's baggage bill for that !
Still, safer than flying Willie Mckay Airlines.

ps having just caught up with the craic about Crap Airlines, I'm worried now !

Many things the club doesn't tell us end up public knowledge and seeing as by this afternoon the whole world will know who went I wouldn't have thought that it would be such a great secret. Thanks for your input though.
Sometimes things like this are better coming from the club.
Or all of a sudden, Defoe flies in from London or Katic from Croatia and it's turned into something it isn't because he wan't at Glasgow airport.
Similarly players in the gym instead of out running for Willie Vass photos, or those left behind in Glasgow for fitness or family reasons.
Ant hill to Volcano!

Last edited:
Wondering the same, noticed he was in Dubrovnik yesterday going by Instagram.
Haven’t seen any of the footage of pre-season so far, but are the guys that were on international duty joining up later? Extra rest?

Hardly breaking news, Ryan Hardie’s Instagram story doesn’t look like he’s in the algarve, so I imagine he’s going to be offloaded this summer?

I'm extremely disappointed that Dorrans isn't getting the chance to show what he can do,surely if we are looking to offload him wouldn't it have been better to put him through a pre season then we could have tried to get some money back

The Gaffer has trained at Vale do Lobo with England many times and it’s a well established location for pre-seasons. Also a brand new facility called The Campus, built down the road in Quinta Do Lago where Gerrard owns a home. Passed by it at Easter and looks state of the art. Top gym facilities, full size pitch etc which is shielded from public view. Looks like they sent Murphy and Polster there for a few days before the players met at Auchenhowie on Monday.

https://www.quintadolago.com/en/the-campus/training-camps/

That picture was from a week or so ago.

It’s The Hummel Training Centre not Portugal

I'm extremely disappointed that Dorrans isn't getting the chance to show what he can do,surely if we are looking to offload him wouldn't it have been better to put him through a pre season then we could have tried to get some money back
He might have a team lined up and that's why he isn't going, similar to Middleton

IMG-20190622-WA0002.jpg

Back