Rangers make a statement about last night

I am sick of "they do it as well" and yes it's in this case double standards but we should be better than that

Nobody would be reporting this if we were just singing he's a wanker like what was first chanted
It's just low level tribalism. Clarke was provocative and he got his reaction. Because it's Rangers supporters the incident is being blown out of all proportion. The idea this kind of exploitation can be stopped by a better standard of tribalism is never going to happen.
Scotland wants "sectarianism". It creates jobs, gets govt funding, and a bunch of tribal arseholes working in media, government and in football get to attack Rangers and Rangers supporters. Sectarianism is nurtured in Scotland because it serves agendas. It doesn't matter what Rangers supporters do, they will always be labelled with it. We just have to fight our corner as best we can, and remind those doing the labelling we can see right through their own tribal, sectarian agenda.

Only team,and the only set of fan's in the world that are not allowed to celebrate a victory. We get bad press when we don't win, bad press when we do win, they always find something to beat us with

You’re correct. Every win of any importance & they look to take our satisfaction away.

I might be wrong in this one, but I can’t help thinking that this is the type of statement where it’s what isn’t being said that is the line to follow.
We’re saying we’ll do everything we can.
We’ll do nothing.
However we’re saying is what septic should be saying and this, in my view, highlights that septic are saying nothing.
No mate it’s all Rangers fault. It always is.

that's just nonsense and congrats on using a well worn out Speirs /English quote about us.

So, sectarian abuse even though 19th Century Terrorist is a political term only matters when it is towards someone else inside our stadium? we have been subjected to sectarian abuse for years inside Ibrox and I don't even remember any complaints about it from the media or statements from our board about it

So you are saying that the song about Clarke last night was politically motivated?

Thats fine, fair enough.

Next time the full of the piggery is singing orange bastard to our manager, I expect a statement from the board too.
I think Robertson naming the BBC and the mentally challenged Compliance Officer directly means the club's backbone is strengthening. We aren't whiter than white but all fans know we can beat them at their own game. Let them eat themselves to death in hate and pull their anti Rangers, anti Protestant hate up at every turn. The 2 way street is the fans boxing clever

Kilmarnock and celtc don't feel that way, neither should Rangers

You can't afford to play fair when your dealing with the likes of that

I am not saying the board should have made a statement, just giving one of the possible reasons they did.

It was mainly from the Union Bear area and it didn't last long. We really need to drop the f word all together, regardless of your interpretation of its meaning. The agenda has been set for it in this country.

Maybe we should get Nil by Mouth and the SNP to make us up an acceptable song sheet :rolleyes:

Disappointing we have issued a statement, if this is going to be the new precedent going forward then we should be issuing a statement every time we hear any form of sectarianism singing, comments, cheap media digs against us.

We’ve just taken the focus off of them between the Kris Boyd situation & Valencia trouble. A 100% own goal.

Exactly right GY. We all know when the filth are under any kind of scrutiny for their supporters behaviour, the press in this country are just choking for us to do something whether it's one clown throwing a coin or a smoke bomb. But for hundreds of us to give them "the F word", they must have been rubbing their hands as soon as they heard it. Fucking idiots.

In Clarke's press conference following the game with the tims he was asked about the sectarian abuse Kris Boyd got and he said he doesn't talk about that stuff he is only here to talk about football. What happened between then and today? surprise surprise eh!
Never, ever trust a tim.

"Victims" form cradle to grave.

Their DNA stinks.

So you are saying that the song about Clarke last night was politically motivated?
I didn't sing it, you'd need to ask those that did what their motivation was but for me, 19th Century Terrorist has always been a political term.

Again, why never any condemnation about the sectarian abuse our fans have taken for years inside our own stadium from opposing fans? Does that sectarian abuse not really matter then?

Last edited:
Not really happy with that,No mention of the abuse aimed at our manager players and fans at every stadium in the country,H*n Bs. Orange Bs. and as it turs out former players and even out kitman are subject too it on a regular,I'm not saying the club should be defending these chants but they should be highlighting the hypocrisy of the one sided criticism.

Exactly right GY. We all know when the filth are under any kind of scrutiny for their supporters behaviour, the press in this country are just choking for us to do something whether it's one clown throwing a coin or a smoke bomb. But for hundreds of us to give them "the F word", they must have been rubbing their hands as soon as they heard it. Fucking idiots.

I’m just frustrated mate. They fookers are on the back foot & we help them. :mad::mad:

I’m only going on a couple of folk on here who claimed they could only hear it from one part of the stadium.

Either way, what a brilliant job they’ve done of helping these fannies go on the attack whilst taking all discussion away from the positives.

Exactly. And you’re right, it was a minority, to me no more than 8,000 but probably closer to 5,000 imo.
Nowhere near the 50,000 that sung it to Gerrard a few months ago.

I wish we’d drop the 19th Century Terrorist and FTP stuff, it’s embarrassing in this day and age. Just as I wish Celtic would drop the DOB and IRA nonsense. It’s 2019 and we’re still singing about 19th Century Terrorists and Irish terror groups in this country.

The argument about double standards in the press is valid but wouldn’t be an issue if both sides would just grow up, at long last.

Jeezus - gers fans chant Stevie Clarke your a ***ker - too which he goes in a big huff about and reacts to the UB with ludicrous facial expressions and hand gesture - they reply with a few rounds of cheer up Stevie Clarke and the usual suspects are out in the mhedia and on here telling us the big bad rangers fans have offended the world again.

You are talking absolute nonsense mate. The chants were from the Union Bears no where else. They’ve started off with the chant about him being a wanker and then responded with the SFB chant after he responded to them. So definately not the entire stadium.

I said above that the whole stadium was perhaps an exaggeration, however it was definitely more than the union bears and the Broomloan.

I personally would chuck it if we went 100% for eradicating all the Presbyterian legacy, history, culture, and songs. BUT it is 2019 and maybe the younger generations need to decide what they want.

I wish we’d drop the 19th Century Terrorist and FTP stuff, it’s embarrassing in this day and age. Just as I wish Celtic would drop the DOB and IRA nonsense. It’s 2019 and we’re still singing about 19th Century Terrorists and Irish terror groups in this country.

The argument about double standards in the press is valid but wouldn’t be an issue if both sides would just grow up, at long last.

Good luck with that......

your definitely a unicorn

In Clarke's press conference following the game with the tims he was asked about the sectarian abuse Kris Boyd got and he said he doesn't talk about that stuff he is only here to talk about football. What happened between then and today? surprise surprise eh!

100% right. He has shown his true colours finally.
Of course the mhedia up here dive in to support him rather than question his hypocrisy . That’s what we’re dealing with day in & out now & we need to condition ourselves to that & leRn to box clever imo.

Back