Rangers make a statement about last night

As much as the hypocrisy from the scum media and Clarke absolutely reeks, I’m honestly so angry with the few morons who’ve given them this opportunity, and have successfully shot us in the foot again, providing them with the perfect opportunity to demonise us whilst taking a load of the attention away from Alfie and the result.

These brain doners don’t half make it difficult for us.

Absolutely. While the hypocrisy and double standard goes into full swing, Clarke has taken the ‘wanker’ banter in good spirit, there was just absolutely no need for this. It was cringeworthy.

Rangers say they will do "everything possible" to stamp out the type of abuse aimed at Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke in Wednesday's Scottish Cup tie.

Clarke said he faced "sectarian" abuse from the "dark ages" at Ibrox as his side lost 5-0 in their last-16 replay.

A Rangers statement said the club "wishes to make it clear that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox.

"Everything possible will be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour."

Clarke said he was called "a 19th Century Terrorist b******" at Ibrox, three days after Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd said he was subjected to sectarian abuse and was hit by a coin during Sunday's Premiership game with Celtic at Rugby Park.

Kilmarnock director Cathy Jamieson said there is "no place in football for sectarianism", tweeting it was "time to end this nonsense once and for all".

Very good Rangers let's hear you calling them all out next time our manager and staff are targeted, the Scum never accept any responsibility just us.

Surely not Cathy Jamieson that used to work with Jack McConnell?

your definitely a unicorn

Thank you.

Ah Unicorn, I assume you're a teenager?

Not once, ever, have our enemies been happy when we've made ANY gestures towards what they demand of us. The goalposts just move. These are just songs and no-one gets hurt.

I haven’t been a teenager for a very long time but thank you for referencing my boyish looks.

I wasn’t suggesting we drop it to appease our enemies.

Last edited:
I wish we’d drop the 19th Century Terrorist and FTP stuff, it’s embarrassing in this day and age. Just as I wish Celtic would drop the DOB and IRA nonsense. It’s 2019 and we’re still singing about 19th Century Terrorists and Irish terror groups in this country.

The argument about double standards in the press is valid but wouldn’t be an issue if both sides would just grow up, at long last.

More chance of finding one of your own shites.

Incredible the publicity that this is getting yet the Boyd thing was written off as banter . I fully expect the snp will now raise last night in their wee Parliament . Double standards, hypocrisy, whatever you call it we are as usual being shafted

Watching the game last night I knew what was coming the second I heard the chant .

Yes they are hypocrites, yes they revel in victimhood but we really don't help ourselves at times .

It's absolutely right and proper that Rangers should call out the minority from last night. Its our stadium and we have to take responsibility. How others react to what happens in theirs says a lot about them.

why the f uck did they not use the Boyd situation to highlight the hypocrisy and agenda?
ffs Rangers will you ever learn to play these fuckers at the propaganda war that we have been losing for years...this statement is weak and placating but has no bite.

Rangers say they will do "everything possible" to stamp out the type of abuse aimed at Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke in Wednesday's Scottish Cup tie.

Clarke said he faced "sectarian" abuse from the "dark ages" at Ibrox as his side lost 5-0 in their last-16 replay.

A Rangers statement said the club "wishes to make it clear that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox.

"Everything possible will be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour."

Clarke said he was called "a 19th Century Terrorist b******" at Ibrox, three days after Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd said he was subjected to sectarian abuse and was hit by a coin during Sunday's Premiership game with Celtic at Rugby Park.

Kilmarnock director Cathy Jamieson said there is "no place in football for sectarianism", tweeting it was "time to end this nonsense once and for all".

Very good Rangers let's hear you calling them all out next time our manager and staff are targeted, the Scum never accept any responsibility just us.

Why not widen it out? Say there is a duty for all clubs to do what they can to deal with sectarian and racist abuse such as our managers and players have been subjected to this season and there is a duty on the press to report all incidents and not just the ones that suit an agenda.

It was mainly from the Union Bear area and it didn't last long. We really need to drop the f word all together, regardless of your interpretation of its meaning. The agenda has been set for it in this country.
Replace 19th Century Terrorist with Rebel no problems

What we’re seeing is a concerted effort by the press and media to slam us at every opportunity. What other club in the world would need to put up with these double standards, we even had the local council try and affect the club.

Scotland has became a backward wee country hating itself to death, once again this agenda is roped out for all to see.

I hope the club has a set of balls behind the scenes because they’re being played.

It started with "He's a w@nker", which he held a hand up in a bit of genuine banter-style to the UBs. I thought it was fine - a bit of acknowledgement and in good spirit.

Then it got ramped-up to "FB". Still seemed pretty contained to BF with a bit of ripple around about.

There's two clear issues:

1 - The raging hypocrisy of the reporting and commentary around this, particularly in light of the reaction to Boyd being called an "OB" at the weekend, shrugging it off and Clarke himself refusing to talk about the behaviour of the Dhims' support.

2 - The fact that, despite bemoaning this raging hypocrisy, too many of our support still haven't got the sense to box clever and stop providing open goals for the anti-Rangers commentary to continue. It was patently obvious last night when it was being sung that it would be all over the headlines, and that was even before Clarke's interview. It's also forced the club and manager into having to answer questions about it and cover their arses to try and limit the damage these headlines cause as they spread beyond the pages of the Scottish rags and start appearing across the likes of Sky News.

The staunch "we don't care" line might sound big and clever, but it's not going to do anything other than fuel the issue. If folk can't see the difficulty that gives us and the club in actually making our cases, then there's little hope for change.

People are pissed off because they’re damaging the club.
are they?

by telling a manager who has attacked our players and club in media and press conferences in recent weeks what we think of him.

more damage done to the park than the club

dont let them fool you

are they?

by telling a manager who has attacked our players and club in media and press conferences in recent weeks what we think of him.

more damage done to the park than the club

dont let them fool you
The people who are being fooled are the ones damaging Rangers. Or do you think it doesn’t damage us?

The people who are being fooled are the ones damaging Rangers. Or do you think it doesn’t damage us?
nope not in the slightest...only our enemy's look for pathetic reason's and we normally roll over for our belly's to be tickled

clarke is a wank anyway and to top of a magic night of 5-0 aswell

Who are you to decide? What bits? What about other clubs?

I don’t give a shite what other clubs do.

What I do give a shite about though is not signing about politics or about how someone chooses to worship an imaginary prick in the sky.

It doesn’t matter and it has %^*& all to do with the football.

I have always preferred

"we hate celtic cheating bastards"

anyway as it encapsulates them...cheating from 188b in terms of every issue you can think of or invent.

It started with "He's a w@nker", which he held a hand up in a bit of genuine banter-style to the UBs. I thought it was fine - a bit of acknowledgement and in good spirit.

Then it got ramped-up to "FB". Still seemed pretty contained to BF with a bit of ripple around about.

There's two clear issues:

1 - The raging hypocrisy of the reporting and commentary around this, particularly in light of the reaction to Boyd being called an "OB" at the weekend, shrugging it off and Clarke himself refusing to talk about the behaviour of the Dhims' support.

2 - The fact that, despite bemoaning this raging hypocrisy, too many of our support still haven't got the sense to box clever and stop providing open goals for the anti-Rangers commentary to continue. It was patently obvious last night when it was being sung that it would be all over the headlines, and that was even before Clarke's interview. It's also forced the club and manager into having to answer questions about it and cover their arses to try and limit the damage these headlines cause as they spread beyond the pages of the Scottish rags and start appearing across the likes of Sky News.

The staunch "we don't care" line might sound big and clever, but it's not going to do anything other than fuel the issue. If folk can't see the difficulty that gives us and the club in actually making our cases, then there's little hope for change.

The answer is in our own power.
We can address this ourselves.
Yes, it won't stop them hating us and it certainly won't stop them lying about us.
But it deprives them of just that much more oxygen to feed their toxicity.
We need to stop making it easy for them.

We have the largest songbook in world football, we don't need these chants we have more than enough Rangers songs to keep us going throughout a match.

Back