Rangers Megastore refit

BlueSeaOfIbrox

Never been to Madrid Liverpool etc stores

But when I seen those mockups, if true, it reminded me of Barca's store for some reason

Which imo is only a good thing

Craig McColl

Need to find a way of incorporating the Shop in to the Tour, hopefully Edmiston house can play a part going forward if it becomes a museum.

Current shop is a ticket office at best - bin the portacabins.
I've done Real Madrid and Ajax tours in recent years done Hamburg 1 years ago all end with you walking into club shop. Bit like theme park exits through the shop.That's the way it should be imo.Walk round the pitch up to the shop to finish it.

Matty1904

If theres not a lot of space why waste any on a PES area. Folk go to shops to buy things not play games
Top European stores have fan experience areas in the shops. They did say they basing this research on milan, madrid, man utd and liverpool. James Bisgrove just said last week that an option was to move over to edmiston house using the store as a sports bar

ibroxbound

How is it impossible?

quarter of a mil for some pespex plastic and some vinyl transfers mate, 2.5mil you’re having a laugh huh?
Ah, the old "That'll be simple" theory.
If I had a fiver for every time I've heard that on a job.
£2.5m is a tad over the top for a shop fit though.

RfcIbrox

Have the back walls with screens like a virtual view of the pitch and curving round a bit so kids can try on their tops as if they were on the pitch with stands looming over them.

Gibraltar Loyal

Top European stores have fan experience areas in the shops. They did say they basing this research on milan, madrid, man utd and liverpool. James Bisgrove just said last week that an option was to move over to edmiston house using the store as a sports bar
That's fine if moving to a bigger premises but as it is the mega store is too small for fan experience imo

BlueBeatts

I've done Real Madrid and Ajax tours in recent years done Hamburg 1 years ago all end with you walking into club shop. Bit like theme park exits through the shop.That's the way it should be imo.Walk round the pitch up to the shop to finish it.
If done correctly, there’s nothing stopping Rangers making a walkway corridor through the Copland behind the seating and lead it into the store if the store had another level above. It might be something we see in a few years.

Matty1904

That's fine if moving to a bigger premises but as it is the mega store is too small for fan experience imo
100% agree. That's what I was meaning. Thinking the store is far too small for just being a store, never mind what they say plans are. We do need this to be over by edmiston house with museum and cafe in my opinion. But we shall see what happens.

Matty1904

Yeah I like idea of taking megastore away and putting something unique in. I.e Barca store is la botiga. We can have something that means something to club. I'd have the sportsbar named coopers

SC81

With 250,000 getting pumped in for a refit. How would you like to see the megastore. I know that Tom Beahon has already said he scoped Milan shop, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool for ideas on layout, design, product offering etc.

Will the megastore even be big enough. I'm not sure it is to be fair.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of product offering. From fridge magnets onto umbrellas with more name printing units etc.

With other things like the playstation area with latest PES to a Rangers penny press.

I'm sure there will be digital screens aswel to throw into the mix.

I'm just wondering how everyone would like the shop to be outwith kits and training gear
It's not that big a space compared to some of the clubs mentioned.

I was at the Dprtmund stadium 18 months ago and they have 4 times the space.

Matty1904

It's not that big a space compared to some of the clubs mentioned.

I was at the Dprtmund stadium 18 months ago and they have 4 times the space.
That's exactly what been saying whole post current store isnt big enough. However Tom Beahon has confirmed in interviews he has been to Milan, Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool to look at stores for best in class.

WinkieWATP

Edminston house plans are big. Full rebuild. Very very modern. Ties in with superstore, museum and cafe. The plans for the megastore that were leaked at real.
Entering planning phase in couple of weeks so will be available for all to see
Aounds superb. Let’s hope they follow through.

Mark-Penny

Edminston house plans are big. Full rebuild. Very very modern. Ties in with superstore, museum and cafe. The plans for the megastore that were leaked at real.
Entering planning phase in couple of weeks so will be available for all to see
What plans were leaked? Never saw them.

Avengers

I would have it as display only - go in and view the merch, try on for size, order and pay.

goods then delivered to your home address 24 hours later
No chance. What about people visiting from other countries that want the gear there and then. I can’t even remember how many years I’ve waited to go in and buy something out the shop.

jjoz88

Official Ticketer
Personally I don’t think £250k stretches far enough to extend the building. Even if it did, would it not make sense just to tart it up enough to be useful for a couple of years and then integrate a newer and far more modern club shop into edminston house.

Mark-Penny

Personally I don’t think £250k stretches far enough to extend the building. Even if it did, would it not make sense just to tart it up enough to be useful for a couple of years and then integrate a newer and far more modern club shop into edminston house.
As far as I can see nobody has said it’s being extended. Just a refit. Not sure why so many in here think we’re getting an extension for £250k?

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Make it ticket office, and rebuild on top of Edmiston House: Blue Cafe, Blue Burgers, Blue Bier Halle, and two story club shop and museum,