Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 17th - RangersTV.tv **

What did he contribute after his goal last week? The ball in for the sitter that Alfie missed? He was invisible - and I'm a fan of Windass FWIW.

What did Tav contribute? What did Murphy contribute? What did Morelos contribute?

You can't just remove the important aspects of someones performance then say they didn't play well. He should've walked away from that game with a goal and an assist if Morelos could finish and TBH you can't ask for much more end product than that in an old firm game.

We got beat at home with two of our closest teams, Hibs and Celtic. We got beat because we play too many attacking players and our midfield gets over run.
It’s ok gubbing lower league teams in cup it’s the games I mentioned we have to be winning and at home.
Windass or one of the wide players should drop out for Holt.
In case you forgot Killie beat us last time and Molumbu bossed the game.

We also beat the other two of the closest teams to us, Aberdeen and Hearts, playing the same way. We also deserved at least a point from each of the Hibs and Celtic matches.

We got beat because we missed sitter in both games, that really is the bottom line.

As I said on the other thread pre kick off, if you're willing to change our shape/formation/tactics to try and nullify Kilmarnock's defensive midfielder in a game at Ibrox then you're a lunatic. The Rangers team that played at Rugby Park is nothing like this current team.

RANGERS: Foderingham, Tavernier, Alves, Martin, John, Goss, Docherty, Candeias, Windass, Murphy, Cummings

Martin and Cummings in for Bates and Morelos, I'm happy with that.

Although Morelos' all round game was very good against Celtic, you can't miss chances like he did and expect to start the next week.

Morelos dropped is a disgrace

1. He played well last week

2. Cummings can’t play up top himself

Murty better not be here beyond the summer. Absolutely clueless.

How about starting both up top together

Morelos should never have been dropped . He bullied that bastards last week .

Dropping him won't help the confidence

To be honest I think it's a smart move, his confidence will be rock bottom already after last week so it's no good starting him again today, some time on the bench will do him good in my view.

Plus, Cummings deserves a start after his last few performances.

Can’t understand the logic of dropping Morelos
If his confidence was low after last week it’ll be on the floor now

Personally I don’t think Cummings is anything like as good as a lone front man so even more expectation on josh to support.
I can understand the thinking to take give Alfie a wee rest though.

DYfucgDX4AMt9tn.jpg

Absolutely astounded that Morelos has been dropped and really hope it doesn’t cost us today. I like Cummings but he’s nowhere near the overall player that Alfredo is currently. Hope it doesn’t cost us but Murty setting himself up for some serious criticism if it does.

To be honest I think it's a smart move, his confidence will be rock bottom already after last week so it's no good starting him again today, some time on the bench will do him good in my view.

So we bench players for missing sitters ? Do him good for what ? He's been banging them in most weeks. We should drop Wes if that's the case for his decision to come out of his goal .

We also beat the other two of the closest teams to us, Aberdeen and Hearts, playing the same way. We also deserved at least a point from each of the Hibs and Celtic matches.

We got beat because we missed sitter in both games, that really is the bottom line.

When the Goss free-kick goes in vs. Hibs, it looks as though there's only going to be one winner. But we immediately give up the momentum with a inexplicable challenge that gives them a penalty.

A bit more composure would have seen us take points from both games.

Absolutely astounded that Morelos has been dropped and really hope it doesn’t cost us today. I like Cummings but he’s nowhere near the overall player that Alfredo is currently. Hope it doesn’t cost us but Murty setting himself up for some serious criticism if it does.

Would he not be setting himself up for criticism if he left Morelos in the team and he missed another 2 or 3 sitters today too?

I’m fearful if Cummings is up top himself ,he can’t play that role .

Surely he will be the point of attack with Candeias and windass supporting very high and pressing up the pitch

When the Goss free-kick goes in vs. Hibs, it looks as though there's only going to be one winner. But we immediately give up the momentum with a inexplicable challenge that gives them a penalty.

A bit more composure would have seen us take points from both games.

I agree with you completely.

Listening to some on here you'd think we were utterly dominated in both matches and were lucky to even score a goal.

Surprised by that, hope he comes off the bench and grabs a couple

We will find out today if Cummings can play up
top alone

If Morelos has the right attitude which I’m pretty sure he does it will fire him up.

Cummings may not be as good at linking the play but he is a more consistent finisher

What did Tav contribute? What did Murphy contribute? What did Morelos contribute?

You can't just remove the important aspects of someones performance then say they didn't play well. He should've walked away from that game with a goal and an assist if Morelos could finish and TBH you can't ask for much more end product than that in an old firm game.

As I said on the other thread pre kick off, if you're willing to change our shape/formation/tactics to try and nullify Kilmarnock's defensive midfielder in a game at Ibrox then you're a lunatic. The Rangers team that played at Rugby Park is nothing like this current team.

So you would keep the same tactics for every game.
You are Mark Warburton aren’t you?

That is what I call lunacy.

So we bench players for missing sitters ? Do him good for what ? He's been banging them in most weeks. We should drop Wes if that's the case for his decision to come out of his goal .

No, we drop players to do what's right for the team and the player. The pressure on Morelos after some of his misses in the last few weeks will be huge and it's no good for the player, in my opinion, to keep throwing him in it. He's a young player and he'll be feeling it.

He'll bounce back from it no doubt, but I think it's right Cummings comes in today.

Start both up top then you're either taking away the wingers or having only 2 central midfielders and dropping Windass when he's scoring nearly every match, no doubt you'd find a way to have a moan about one of those things happening

Create chances for Cummings - he’ll convert a large % of them.

The same can’t be said about Morelos. However Alfredo has more to his game.

Today will be interesting. Personally I think Murty has got it wrong but time will tell.

We should be finding a way to play both these players in home games.

Morelos was better than most last week. The fact he is dropped and Goss starts is a strange one. Why not stuck holt instead of goss for energy?

Unless Morelos is carrying a injury dropping him is just plain stupid,Cummings whole game revolves round two up front,a weird decision dropping one off our best players.

Start both up top then you're either taking away the wingers or having only 2 central midfielders and dropping Windass when he's scoring nearly every match, no doubt you'd find a way to have a moan about one of those things happening

Unable to drop one of the back 4?

When your goalscorer misses golden chances then it's only right that someone else is given a chance.

Although Alfie's overall contribution exceeds Cummings thus far.

Drops Morelos after a bad miss yet sticks with Windass? Other than the miss, Morelos rag dolled them.

If only Murty dropped players who under perform on a regular basis.

No chance Morelos should be dropped on performance. Finishing aside, his game was still good against Celtic, bullying and harassing them. However he has played a hell of a lot of football without a break. A rest may be good for him not as a punishment.

I trust Murty’s man management to make it clear that the benching is for good reasons. Hope it rejuvenates him for the run in with the top six. Winning looks too far and second is hopefully safe but we still want to finish strongly to build into next year.

Morelos was outstanding against the poets apart from that one miss.

If he wants to play Cummings, it has to be in a 2

Windass was terrible last week.

Morelos wasn’t.

He should have been dropped today long before Morelos

I've no idea why so many still persist in the "Cummings can't play lone striker" role when he's proven for us he can not to mention he has played it most of his career and all his best performances against us came upfront himself.

When has he ever played in a striking partnership?

Based on last Sunday’s performance I think someone’s doing that for me...

Ok then, come on the Bears get stuck right into these slimy reptile Killie bastards and give them a doing they won’t forget. Show em who’s boss and show everyone why Boyd, Burke, Bell and Smith were shown the door at Ibrox. You deserve to be on this pitch & they don’t so go out and prove that you’re the better team! I want 5-0 at half time at least and then step up a couple of years in the second half.

Better? :)
4-0 h/t don't be silly.

Windass should be the one making way for Cummings IMO so we’d have two strikers starting today.

Murty’s persistence with trying to build the team around Windass will ultimately prove to be his undoing.
He's already undone.

Concerned at the back about lack of pace with martin and alves. Neither of them is very fast. We will end up playing deep to make up for that. Also time to see what Cummings can do, Morelos decision would depend on how he was in training this week, Murty has to be trusted to make that call.

Killie playing boyd and thsibola, Greer not playing. think there will be a few goals in this one

Murty pre-match interview... been in his mind for a while; Alfie's played a lot of football; no reflection on last week etc, etc.

Back