Match Thread ** Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday 17th - RangersTV.tv **

Morelos should never have been dropped . He bullied that bastards last week .

Dropping him won't help the confidence

His bullying means nothing when you miss the 4 sitters that have been big factors in us not winning the last two OF games.

The lad is a handfull to opposition defences but it cannot be forgotten that he is also our main goalscorer and truth be told he has a horrible habit of missing far more chances than he scores.

Maybe it is just that Cummings and Windass offer more pace upfront ?

I am sure we will find out soon enough

15 mins till kick off and people are in the deep end already. This could be fun if we don’t score in the first couple of mins

Well well well.

So Morelos can be dropped for having a poor game while his love child remains bullet proof at all times. And what a feeble fucking excuse he’s given too.

Sorry but I’m not particularly happy with that. Though I can already hear the lids on the turd polish cracking open.

Well well well.

So Morelos can be dropped for having a poor game while his love child remains bullet proof at all times. And what a feeble fucking excuse he’s given too.

Sorry but I’m not particularly happy with that. Though I can already hear the lids on the turd polish cracking open.

Love child??? Who’s that?

So the forward area is full of pace and against Greer and Kirk Broadfoot.

H’mm why do I think we may and should score a few today………

We are ultimately weaker with Morelos out the team but sometimes you've got to just send out a message. Competition for places is key to get the best out of each individual player. He's looking for a positive reaction out of Morelos when he inevitably brings him on.
This post gets my vote. I think we’lll have enough about us to get all 3 points today, and Alfredo will get the benefit of some rest and recuperation.

The whining about morelos beig dropped has to stop.

If keepers keep letting in goals they get dropped (no 25 yard comments for wes)

If defenders keep getting ripped they get dropped

If midfielders get bypassed in matches they get dropped (no josh comments)

Morelos has been missing sitters and as a striker, its his job to score. He isnt out the squad, he has been benched and like it or not is probably the right thing to do. I dont doubt he will feature and i hope he fights back sooner rather than later. Infact i believe he will but do we go a home draw v killie again with a match he missed sitters? Moherwell away lettig the sheep on us again?

Its part and parcel of football

Well well well.

I agree, goal aside, windass was anonymous but he's free scoring right now. How do you drop that?

What a shocking comeback.

Considering we’ve won 9 out of 11, scored 34 goals in the process and have the current player of the month, then yes I’d continue with the current tactics.

I would never, and I can’t emphasise this point enough, ever drop the current player of the month to try and nullify Kilmarnocks defensive midfielder in a game at Ibrox.

It's nothing to do with Kilmarnock. We should be practicing a three man midfield with a view to winning the cup.

He means Windass...you know, the player of the month winner and goalscorer from last week.

I had a feeling that it was maybe Windass he was getting at, but given windass’ goal return in the last couple of months and the fact he’s just win POTM as you just mentioned - I thought I may be mistaken.

He means Windass...you know, the player of the month winner and goalscorer from last week.

Who’s played like absolute shit under Murty countless times and never been dropped.

I don’t even have an issue with him pulling Morelos out for a game or too, it’s a shame he’s showing some players are above it.

I don't understand Murty. He's quoted in the press of saying he'll stick with Morelos - and then drops him? Bizarre

He said: “Alfredo was very down after the match, very low, but he must put it behind him and learn from it. It should light a fire under him.

“We have to get him in front of goal again and back on the horse to restore his confidence. The best way to get over it is to score a goal - and then another. Finish as the top scorer in the country and end the season on a high.

“He’s energised by that prospect and also also the thought of breaking into his national team. We have to use that as a positive to unleash him for the rest of the season. If we get that, it will be good for all of us.

“I could take him out for Kilmarnock, but you have to be respectful of players and their psyche. I’m not a big proponent of dumping someone after one mistake or a bad game. I’m a big proponent of supporting a player through whatever challenge they face.”

Make up your mind Graeme. I think he has proven that he's way out of his depth managing our club. I hope his plan doesn't backfire today. And I hope he hasn't punctured Morelos fragile confidence.

Bizarre stuff from Murty.

Hope they aren’t planning on punting the ball to Cummings

I take it Jacrispy hasn’t backed Windass for first goal scorer?

Who’s played like absolute shit under Murty countless times and never been dropped.

I don’t even have an issue with him pulling Morelos out for a game or too, it’s a shame he’s showing some players are above it.

I think the difference is we've got someone good who can play Morelos' position, we don't really have anyone who can play in Windass'.

That and the fact that Windass keeps scoring.

I agree, goal aside, windass was anonymous but he's free scoring right now. How do you drop that?

I’m fine with him starting games like this. But it sends a bad message out when you drop some players for poor performances and let others go.

I know people will get their knickers on a twist at me daring to shine a light on managers lack of consistency here, but might as well face up to it, it’s the kind of thing that will cost us in the end.

The team is built around the Windass role. Do we have anyone who can play it more effectively than Windass? It's not Cummings's style.

It was only last week that some were giving it that Windass doesn't produce in the 'big games'. You know apart from scoring against Hibs, Hertz and Aberdeen away as well as the mentally challengeds at home now. Some people just don't like him we get it.

Cummings deserves a chance and it would leave us unbalanced to go into the site along with Morelos and have 2 wide players and a No.10. It's not rocket science.

Also delighted we don't have to suffer Cardoso today. Nice guy, needs more time etc etc I know.

Just do it Rangers from start to finish please.

The team is built around the Windass role. Do we have anyone who can play it more effectively than Windass? It's not Cummings's style.

Exactly this. People keep saying Windass is his baby he's building his team around him when the fact is he's building his team around this formation and it's really only Windass who can play it.

I think today is huge.

If Killie take any points from this game then it’s a giant nail in Murty’s Managerial Coffin.

On paper we should win.

who know's what happens in training through the week. There may well be explanations as to Murtys decisions. who knows how Alfies attitude, moral, energy has been but just slate Murty and put it down to Alfie missing a couple of sitters

It was only last week that some were giving it that Windass doesn't produce in the 'big games'. You know apart from scoring against Hibs, Hertz and Aberdeen away as well as the mentally challengeds at home now. Some people just don't like him we get it.

Cummings deserves a chance and it would leave us unbalanced to go into the site along with Morelos and have 2 wide players and a No.10. It's not rocket science.

Also delighted we don't have to suffer Cardoso today. Nice guy, needs more time etc etc I know.

Just do it Rangers from start to finish please.

It went from Windass can't do it in big games to Windass can't do it at Ibrox.

I'm not blind, Windass is not a superstar, he can be posted missing for sections of games, but the guy is too much of a threat right now to drop. The criticism of him from some folk is well over the top.

I'm not blind, Windass is not a superstar, he can be posted missing for sections of games, but the guy is too much of a threat right now to drop. The criticism of him from some folk is well over the top.

Yes but goal aside he was unbelievably poor last week. Imagine having someone else on the pitch asserting themselves for the other 88 minutes, that might have even led to us coming away with more than what we got from the game. Which was the sum total of fùck all by the way.

I agree. I said last week I'd have had him off at HT for Holt. The laugh is that the over the top criticism is coming from posters who told us it didn't matter what Pena did as long as he scored every few games. The hypocrisy is astounding. :D

Windass is POTM, and on a good run of form. Reasons other than football come into mind!

I think today is huge.

If Killie take any points from this game then it’s a giant nail in Murty’s Managerial Coffin.

On paper we should win.

I’ll be happy with getting the 3 points in any fashion to be honest, especially after last week. But if this goes tits up Murty’s already made a rod for his own back.

I think the difference is we've got someone good who can play Morelos' position, we don't really have anyone who can play in Windass'.

That and the fact that Windass keeps scoring.

Morelos could play Windass position better than Windass ever will.

Yes but goal aside he was unbelievably poor last week. Imagine having someone else on the pitch asserting themselves for the other 88 minutes, that might have even led to us coming away with more than what we got from the game. Which was the sum total of fùck all by the way.

If your auntie had baws...

I agree with you that he goes quiet too often but he contributes more than you let on.

Latest posts

Back