MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 19:45 Wednesday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Match threads are always full of negativity but I'm going to add to it anyway.

Just not good enough. Nobody playing as well as they can

Think "let" is stretching it a bit.
It is though. They aren’t planning to come and control the ball at Ibrox.

Sit in, soak up the pressure, do what they are good at (defending), and hit us on the break with a long ball as its hurt us a couple times this season.

Feels like we have been transported back a couple years to wondering where the main source of goals are coming from if Morelos isn’t getting them

AGAIN playing like a team who thought 55 was all the mattered.

No desire or cutting edge.

Similar signs of 2019 possession but doing absolutely nothing with it then the opposition will get 1 chance and score.

I’m starting to utterly despise Scottish football and the absolute negative anti football pish we have to play against week on week out. It is absolutely soul destroying and mind numbing watching this.
Ref is a joke as well falling for their diving all the time, although don the Tim doesn’t take much persuading
It's up to us to defeat the negativity.
We were delighted when they used it on the scum.

The worst 45 minutes of the season so far, not one redeeming feature to grasp a hold of, not one with pass marks, Aribo hasn’t found a blue shirt with a pass, Lundstram has been woefull and the front three are like statues. :mad:

Aribo had his pocket picked or gave up possession cheaply around 5 times in the first 30 minutes due to not expecting opponents to be near him or expecting to have more time on the ball. Hope he’s playing with greater urgency second half.
He has been poor the 1st half.

Not a great watch. We are lacking guile. An imaginative pass. We will, have to be a good bit better in the second half. I'm sure we will up the tempo. Still going for 2-0.

Aribo had his pocket picked or gave up possession cheaply around 5 times in the first 30 minutes due to not expecting opponents to be near him or expecting to have more time on the ball. Hope he’s playing with greater urgency second half.
Would help if he wasn’t picking the ball up in the left back position, does my tits in when he gets asked to do that.

Yeah he looks like he just ponders around at half pace with zero intensity or acceleration. For me as a fan that's frustrating as hell as if I had half his ability and given the opportunity I'd be busting gut to get to every ball and leaving nothing on the pitch.

Oh same here, I’d be like NP.

He seems overawed a little by it all do you not think ? Which seems crazy but that’s what it looks like to me. Hoping it he’ll grow into it but we really need that happen soon.

We are really poor at supporting the player in possession. Constantly playing into blind alleys and leaving players with 3 and 4 of the opposition to take on. Need to get closer to one another

The players we have are not world class, not easy to adapt I’m afraid
Clearly these tactics are not bearing fruit, if a manager can't switch it up what's the point. Last season was a dream but it's clear this season already, we need to change matches. This , to me, remains SG Achilles heel. Can't recall many games where he turns it around. Last season bar Motherwell we were never chasing it. This game is crying out to make at least two subs at half time , given we can use 5. Let's see.

Its amazing how we all see the game very differently. I'm seeing a fairly lively cup tie where Livingston have defended their box pretty well. I also watch with no commentary perhaps that has a lot to do with it. They even managed to get up to our 18 yard box at one point. We've controlled the game from start to finish there been a couple of incidents that were not easy on the eye but other than that we've been fairly sharp and accurate with our passing. Aribo should shoot more in and around the box. Defensively he's been out of position a few times but other than our front line and attacking midfielders not having much impact on the final third we've looked pretty decent. The fact Livingston had to make a tactical substitution during the half shouldn't be overlooked.

Back