Match Thread Rangers v NK Maribor - 19:45 Thursday 9th - RangersTV.tv (UK as well)

Well done Rangers, still a bit of work to do but got to be happy with that result.

Coulibally looked very good, Arfield finding his feet and Morelos leading the line brilliantly up front.

There's going to be the odd individual mistake but hard to find fault tonight. Promising signs.

Switched on the radio to hear Richard Gordon say he was nearly out the door at the weekend after getting sent off.

To say I hate Scottish sports journalist...or just journalists is an understatement. :mad:

Exactly....The blatant ignorance and biased reporting just makes you rage

Great first 15 mins, then let them into game big time. Much improved second half and very proud of the display. We're not through yet but that 2 goal lead makes me a lot more comfortable with conceding the away goal.

Going to bed happy

What a result. Brilliant. Well played us. We pressed better in the second half. Tav was great, even though I slagged him off for the goal at half time. This will do the team no end of good. Great team performance. I fancy a 0-0 over there. Maribor were no mugs. Played neat, one-two's. Probably as near to the poets as we can expect in our league, so game on.

Someone needs to scrape me off the ceiling, what a night, what a result, there’s no way they are beating us 2-0 next week.

Fantastic performance, love every single one of our team. So much effort from every player.

OH, and Stevie G is our manager by the way!

I've got a '2008' feeling from this team.

Was nervous about today. Great result.

1 stupid mistake the difference between advantage us and being over. Both men made up for the mistake though.

Can't we sign up Coulibaly on a permanent deal? what a player. he is what we have been missing
Let’s hope our scouting network and contacts throws up another few possibilities like him, Katic etc.

It’s refeshing to see us cast a wider net than the old boys network 2012-15 and then scraps from Warburtons daughters agency. The less said about Pedro’s mad gamble on dross like Pena and Herrera the better. Finally we seem to have an idea of the right players at the right price to do a job for us

Previously that goal would have killed us. The fight would have been gone, what a difference the summer holidays have made.

Actually perversely GLAD we were 1-1 at half time now as it showed us the character of this team ,could we mentally push this team ( best team we’ve played by a mile ) and mentally be brave on the ball to over power them ,oh yes we can ,this team has character in spades ,infact this teams character has the rubber stamp of Steven Gerrard all over it .

Delighted ,get another quality striker in and we are league challenging material.

This team has some baws,led by big baws the manager :)
Unlike some of the posters on here at half time,thank %^*& my cousin sorted me a link for the second half on facebook as it was mental on here at half time(not by all may i add but a few drama queens :) )

Great result; playing as a team.
Sort out some of the wayward passing and we’ll be a real threat.
Excellent shift from Alfie and Coulibaly.

What an amazing feeling to watch A Rangers team that look like A Rangers team. Still work to be done, but the signs are there that this team could develop to be something special.

Thank you Stevie G for giving us our Rangers back.

Oh wow. That was tremendous desire to win and Ibrox was bouncing. The possession and recovery play is still early days, but it's already very good.

Got to wait till bloody Sunday now!

Going for 3-1 Rangers. Not sure if Maribor will sit deep and try to nick the away goal or whether they will attack us but I fancy us tonight.

I knew it! Fantastic result and a winning coupon!

Well done the bears, job not done yet but a huge step taken tonight.

Much better second half. Kept our concentration better. We needed that third goal to give us a fighting chance of the next round. Jack will be back to give us some much needed composure in the middle so feeling we have a chance now. Roll on next Thursday excited already. Fantastic result tonight well done lads.

Fantastic 2nd half performance & what a good result against good opposition. As others have said, Tav, Morelos & Coulibaly were the standouts.

However plaudits to the management team as the half time team talk fired up the team & our pressing was superb from then onwards. Changed the momentum of the game at that point.

Back