Match Thread ** Rangers v Ross County - RangersTV.tv Only **

Delighted we managed to turn it round second half, was a struggle though. First goal in our games are so important, would have been a comfortable win if we'd got it.

Half county's team look overweight, was quite confident they would tire

Delighted to get the win. Personally thought it was completely deserved based on the balance of play.

Sadly another day where “what a shitey home support” summed up Ibrox. Not sure why some folk bother, only go to complain and then %^*& off before the winning goal.

Who decides when the crossathon isn't working and we need to try something else? That first half was frustrating to watch...

Delighted to get the win. Personally thought it was completely deserved based on the balance of play.

Sadly another day where “what a shitey home support” summed up Ibrox. Not sure why some folk bother, only go to complain and then %^*& off before the winning goal.

The Rangers support have had their balls kicked by a board that couldn't care less about them, they've been embarrassed this week, for the support to turn up in such huge numbers today was a tremendous effort, I can forgive them for being subdued today.

Graham Murty deserves immense credit for not panicking and throwing Niko Herrera on

Either would have destroyed our forward play ( which wasnt brilliant I know)

The Rangers support have had their balls kicked by a board that couldn't care less about them, they've been embarrassed this week, for the support to turn up in such huge numbers today was a tremendous effort, I can forgive them for being subdued today.

I’m actually not meaning to be critical of those who were subdued, that’s understandable. It’s the pricks getting on the team’s back after 20 minutes, having a small heart attack every time a move breaks down and then pissing off before the winning goal.

Certainly where I sit, it’s the same dickheads every week. Wish they’d just stay in the pub.

I would like to dedicate the 3pts to their time wasting keeper. GIRFUY
They could easily have taken something from the game today.
The fact they chose to waste time from the 10th minute makes it all the sweeter for me.
Their keeper was by far the worst. Karma biatch!

Not an easy watch at times, but delighted to get the win. Miller still does my head in at times.

I couldn't get to see the action, just updated with wee snippets on here and the impression was that we were utterly second best today. But going by your stats not all bad eh? As always on FF, the team and certain players don't get the credit they deserve.
We weren't second best, we just didn't play well. Trouble making five yard passes to each other, lethargic, almost pedestrian pace for much of the game. As usual we show that we are the best team in Europe going toward our own goal. We know we are going to face teams that come to Ibrox and shut up shop. What gets me is we never seem to take a differing approach. We play the same way against these teams every time. It's like Groundhog Day all over again. But, at least today we capitalized on them tiring and got three points. That's the most important thing short term.

Last edited:
McCrorie is showing himself to be a very talented anchor man in midfield. Some of his forward passing is excellent too and his through ball for Windass was excellent. I actually think that position is where his future lies, hes wasted as a centre half.
Easily our MOTM for me. Surrounded by better class players going forward, this boy is going to be a star.

Very ugly win but it will do but it has to said that the first half was f ucking shocking as Ross County looked like scoring everytime they had the ball.Second half improved by Morelos being brought on for a Pena.

Hopefully more a knock than a twist for McCrorie, Murty not overly happy which is understandable but another win and onto the next game

Last edited:
That was a real struggle. First half wasn't acceptable at all, no intensity, poor passing and several passengers. But Miller missed 2 great chances which put us on easy street. Morelos has to start home games for me if he's fit and he could have replaced any of the front 4 who were woeful. Better second half without creating much at all. We really struggle to create. Niko must be finished if he cant get on in those circumstances. Thank god for the win but Ross co did nothing in the game.

We need to take better options when we get into good positions, we can't sustain high levels of pressure because of this.
Thought McCrorie looked the part before getting injured and Holt, although lacking in quality, put in a good shift. Barjonas did well when he came on and looks a big unit, which is useful up here.
Glad to get the win and the three games in a row thing off our backs.

Definitely the better team and we deserved the win, but by %^*& that was a hard watch, especially in the first half.

These players need to take a good look at their commitment at times. A 19yo CB / DM showed the lot of them up with that chase down the left wing and then putting in a half decent cross.... to a box entirely devoid of Rangers players. Lazy shites to a man at times today.

Pleased to take three points after a fairly poor performance on a bloody cold afternoon. But we deserve better than what we were watching today.

p.s. - how in hell's name did both the linesman and referee miss what should clearly have been a corner for us right near the end, when Windass' shot came off their player's back?!

I was quite impressed by Ross County today. They were organised, defended their box well and were good on the ball.

we struggle when teams sit off and ask us to break them down.

Great we eventually got there, a really positive sign.

Herrera is a joke in training. Some of the players couldn't believe he was an actual professional footballer when he turned up. His performances on the park would corroborate that

Thankfully only a few more weeks to go of him and Pena

Why? Are you supporting another team next year? Pena will be going nowhere!

appalling performance against absolute dross - they have a player built like mark yardley

but 3 points

maybe this is going to resolve itself with murty being the luckiest man alive

appalling performance against absolute dross - they have a player built like mark yardley

but 3 points

maybe this is going to resolve itself with murty being the luckiest man alive
We weren't great but to say the performance was "appalling" is way over the top. I enjoyed the second half and we deserved the win. And Murty has hardly been the luckiest man alive - he beat Hearts Thistle and Aberdeen with ease. He won at Pittodrie with ten men for 30 minutes. He has also lost Dorrans and Jack and now possibly McCrorie. He had to throw in Bates last week when Alves was injured. Against Hamilton we missed about 15 clear chances. I think at times he could claim to be unlucky rather than "the luckiest man alive".

We weren't great but to say the performance was "appalling" is way over the top. I enjoyed the second half and we deserved the win. And Murty has hardly been the luckiest man alive - he beat Hearts Thistle and Aberdeen with ease. He won at Pittodrie with ten men for 30 minutes. He has also lost Dorrans and Jack and now possibly McCrorie. He had to throw in Bates last week when Alves was injured. Against Hamilton we missed about 15 clear chances. I think at times he could claim to be unlucky rather than "the luckiest man alive".

trust me

anyone playing miller in midfield doesn't have fucking clue what they're doing

I’m actually not meaning to be critical of those who were subdued, that’s understandable. It’s the pricks getting on the team’s back after 20 minutes, having a small heart attack every time a move breaks down and then pissing off before the winning goal.

Certainly where I sit, it’s the same dickheads every week. Wish they’d just stay in the pub.

It was certainly evident that the govan side crowd got onto DC's back very early

Overall happy with the win. Good to see we can come back from a goal down and turn it around. Wasn't impressed with miller again today! Frustrating Af having to watch him, also pena wasn't at it!

Poor Aussie and NZ kids getting introduced to a raging Ibrox crowd, I hope the folk in the Enclosure applauded a bit.

And what was the sketch with the half time draw, have we officially ran out of ex-players to ask?

Or did one agree to do it and pull out at the last second? :D

We are progressing, that’s the positive. Let’s not forget that GM is our youth coach and is doing an amazing job with handling the first team. We Are lucky to have him.

Just watched the game back on Rangers TV after having been at the game. First half was truly diabolical. Much better in the second half and wee Morelos took his goal very well indeed. Wasn't a top performance by any stretch of the imagination, but we at last have this bloody 3rd league win in a row.

We are carrying and paying out wages on players like niko, dalcio, herrera and the like that contribute nothing. We as a club are hindered because of this and it shows when players injured or suspended.

Well done Mr. Murty, you have my respect.

I thought we were terrible in the first half, but credit to the coach, players and yes, the fans also, for getting a result.

Now three points against Hibs (one game at a time :))

Was pretty poor stuff on a chilly day at the Brox. Was frustrating watching Alves and Wilson launch balls up the field, the Ross County defence will deal with that all day long but we got there in the end.

Thought Miller and Candeais were especially poor! The team's shape was all over the place with Candeais in for Jack.

McCrorie was the stand out for us. Really hope he's fit for Hibs he's the first name on the team sheet at the moment.

Buzzing Morelos got his goal, feared the worse after the sitter he missed!

Back