RTV/VST Viewers - Tips and Help - Updated With App Info

My old man heading back to OZ at the end of this week and he's asking about Rangers TV.
Can he register here now to get it so he's all set up when he lands in OZ?

Will he get all home and away games with one of the subscription options?

Thanks

I'd be wary of setting it up in the UK but watching in OZ
Its a lot more fickle this year clamping down on multiple devices etc. You might have a IP address issue.

We should really be putting some information in the clubs tweets about a games availability on RangersTV for international users. You never know you might get more "international" users signing up. :p

Just sign when he gets back. Haven’t a clue what VPN means. I get the year package just went on to RTV signed up that was it. This season it has been great no problems with every penny or dollar.

The unlimited gives all the games. Apart from Europa Group stages.

Can sign up here, but will need a vpn to do so as the overseas packages are not shown on a UK IP address.

If your old man wants europa group stages in OZ he can get them by having an Optus Fetch Box.

Why have people at the same address not been issued or whatever the MyGers points surely that is something that should have been thought of ahead of time? If the season ticket holders have the same address, I.E family, the computer should recognise this, I.E if mum, dad, son, or daughter is purchasing the game all season tickets should get the MyGers incentive or however you want to call this BS. You are meant to be a bridge between fans and genuine concerns yet appear not to address them. If a barman or barmaid was not able to pour a pint to the standard would he be able to just post blarb and not answer the questions asked. You are meant to be a liaison between fans and board but many times on here, rangers media and twitter you have not taken concerns any further. I will give that you have helped out may at away games etc, Fine but the questions I asked and many have asked have not been answered.

Why have people at the same address not been issued or whatever the MyGers points surely that is something that should have been thought of ahead of time? If the season ticket holders have the same address, I.E family, the computer should recognise this, I.E if mum, dad, son, or daughter is purchasing the game all season tickets should get the MyGers incentive or however you want to call this BS. You are meant to be a bridge between fans and genuine concerns yet appear not to address them. If a barman or barmaid was not able to pour a pint to the standard would he be able to just post blarb and not answer the questions asked. You are meant to be a liaison between fans and board but many times on here, Rangers media and twitter you have not taken concerns any further. I will give that you have helped out may at away games etc, Fine but the questions I asked and many have asked have not been answered.

if you are asking questions without Copying me in it makes it harder to see.

there isn’t a current mechanism for RTV that ties into a household so it’s not possible. It’s an unfounded accusation to say I don’t take fans concerns forward. The reality on this one is it was a binary choice. No points or points per purchase.

I’m not sure where I want to call your opinion “BS” - if you can direct me it would be appreciated.

The clunky barman analogy is one I disagree with but I’ll try: I’m not pouring you pints in my job. The club would be. I can help influence club decisions at times and raise issues that the support feel strongly on but ultimately it’s the clubs job to make the decisions (or pour the pint).

what do you feel I haven’t addressed?

Why have people at the same address not been issued or whatever the MyGers points surely that is something that should have been thought of ahead of time? If the season ticket holders have the same address, I.E family, the computer should recognise this, I.E if mum, dad, son, or daughter is purchasing the game all season tickets should get the MyGers incentive or however you want to call this BS. You are meant to be a bridge between fans and genuine concerns yet appear not to address them. If a barman or barmaid was not able to pour a pint to the standard would he be able to just post blarb and not answer the questions asked. You are meant to be a liaison between fans and board but many times on here, Rangers media and twitter you have not taken concerns any further. I will give that you have helped out may at away games etc, Fine but the questions I asked and many have asked have not been answered.
I'm only reponding to your greetin face since it is probable the liaison officer may well be blindsiding you regarding this.
"if mum, dad, son, or daughter is purchasing the game all season tickets should get the MyGers incentive or however you want to call this BS."
Not sure why this would be important to anyone, but the website clearly states.
"As a reward for your continued loyalty during this challenging period for us all, we will add 5 MyGers points to all supporters who purchase this match."
So you get 5 points for purchasing the game, if you all want 5 points, then you should all purchase the game. Sorted. :p

If your old man wants europa group stages in OZ he can get them by having an Optus Fetch Box.
His issue is that right now initially he's going into a 2 week quarantine. So he's looking for this so he can pass his two week incarceration and not miss anytjing. Outside of that he can look at more long term options.

I’d had difficulties logging back in to the App for Dundee Utd and Red Imps games when I bought the games an hour before kick off.

Willem II I’d bought several days in advance so there was no problem logging into the App.

Anyway, just wanted to share this: I bought the Galatasaray game yesterday on the Rangers TV website which resulted in me automatically being logged out of the App.

Didn’t want to mess about with it and cause any issues so left it until this morning to log in to the App again but it seems to have automatically logged me back in already.

Bit long winded but I’d advise anyone wanting to watch the game via the App to buy it ASAP but leave logging into the App for a good 5 hours.

Thanks for the advice bought game yesterday. Always shitting myself when I go to login in case it doesn’t let me in,seems to be all sorts of problems for quite a few on here.

Great tip. There are a lot of issues at the moment (thanks to the SPFL apparently) which results in people getting locked out of their account as RTV thinks they are signed in on multiple devices.

Seems like a cop out from the SLO and the club though blaming the SPFL for imposing something the system doesn't seem able to cope with.

Last week I bought on safari browser on my phone, cleared cache and was fine logging in on the app on my fire tv stick.

I purchased the game this morning via the email link sent yesterday. No problems at-all for me.

How did you get the RTV app onto your Firestick mate? I have an Nvidia Shield that I'd to do the same.
Downloaded it from apk pure. It’s a phone app so use a mouse app to work it but once got it on video it works perfect and certainly more stable than watching using the browser.

I’d had difficulties logging back in to the App for Dundee Utd and Red Imps games when I bought the games an hour before kick off.

Willem II I’d bought several days in advance so there was no problem logging into the App.

Anyway, just wanted to share this: I bought the Galatasaray game yesterday on the Rangers TV website which resulted in me automatically being logged out of the App.

Didn’t want to mess about with it and cause any issues so left it until this morning to log in to the App again but it seems to have automatically logged me back in already.

Bit long winded but I’d advise anyone wanting to watch the game via the App to buy it ASAP but leave logging into the App for a good 5 hours.

Best advice is to delete the app entirely

I‘m not sure about the comment regarding ‘automatically logging you out of the App’.Thats not been an experience I’ve seen reported - quite the opposite in fact. Folk have had their accounts blocked because they’ve failed to logout of the App. Good that it worked for you but not something I’d rely on.

To avoid issues I recommend that users logout of RangersTV on any and all browsers and devices they use - and the App - and then clear cache/cookies on them all. Then wait at least 90 minutes for the ‘system’ to recognise the logouts before attempting to login again on any device. Thereafter, make sure you are only logged in once.

How did you get the RTV app onto your Firestick mate? I have an Nvidia Shield that I'd to do the same.

I've used the Amazon Silk browser and just gone to https://tv.rangers.co.uk - works ok (couldn't see how to go Full Screen) - bookmarked the site to save typing again on subsequent visits.

However saw this since:

GlasgowBricklayer (@GlasgBricklayer) tweeted at 9:48 pm on Tue, Jul 21, 2020:
Install the apps2fire on your phone.. Have RTV app on your phone.. Connect A2F to your firestick/firetv and then click the RTV app and upload, then once uploaded click install, and there you go.
( )

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=13

I've used the Amazon Silk browser and just gone to https://tv.Rangers.co.uk - works ok (couldn't see how to go Full Screen) - bookmarked the site to save typing again on subsequent visits.

However saw this since:

Install the apps2fire on your phone.. Have RTV app on your phone.. Connect A2F to your firestick/firetv and then click the RTV app and upload, then once uploaded click install, and there you go.
( )

Thanks but all my devices are Apple, apart from the Nvidia Shield. I currently cast from my iPad direct to the tv. Being able to get the RTV app directly on the shield would be handy but not a necessity really.

I've used the Amazon Silk browser and just gone to https://tv.Rangers.co.uk - works ok (couldn't see how to go Full Screen) - bookmarked the site to save typing again on subsequent visits.

However saw this since:

( )

Get the downloader app from fire tv App Store.

Open downloader. Search for rangers tv apk in google on downloader app. Go to one of the options. Think I used apk pure. Install.

You’ll also need to install a mouse toggle. The games definitely run smoother than on silk browser and go full screen

I‘m not sure about the comment regarding ‘automatically logging you out of the App’.Thats not been an experience I’ve seen reported - quite the opposite in fact. Folk have had their accounts blocked because they’ve failed to logout of the App. Good that it worked for you but not something I’d rely on.

I know what you mean, this is the first time it’s happened like this.

I know what you mean, this is the first time it’s happened like this.

It’s feasible, though I suspect unlikely, that they’ve made changes to how the App works. I will experiment with it in due course - but I’m not messing about with it on a match day. Too risky, since I will be watching on a different device tonight.:)

I’m not messing about with it on a match day. Too risky, since I will be watching on a different device tonight.:)

Don't blame you mate. This time last week I was in the USA & locked myself out of RTV. Couldn't unlock it, as my email account for some reason recognised me as signing in from a new location, wanted to send a code via text message to my mobile, and I'd left it in work at the time.

Completely locked out of everything... I had to watch on a pirate stream to my eternal shame. :))

Trying to register on the app but keeps saying Match the Requested Format but the information is correct.

Sorry if this has been covered (can’t see it answered on any of the threads) but I have an overseas “ultimate” subscription I.e. the highest tier of membership which entitles me to all RTV games.
i am unclear if I need to pay separately for tonight or if I will get the match as normal. I have emailed RTV twice now but no response and I want to avoid any late panic.

I’ve been watching it via phone to the tv to cast it. Out the house tonight though and want to watch it on the iPad but feart to log in on it incase I get banned.

Any suggestions? Or am I being paranoid?

Can someone please advise how I can sort this issue out and give me a little advice, as at a bare minimum I would prefer to watch the game on something resembling a TV, rather than my mobile?

Every time I log into rangers TV, it states that I have too many devices registered, yet if I attempt to delete one or more, it makes no difference

I actually dunno what that means, it kinda contradicts a bit. Do I change the password then change it back on my mobile, then I can log in on the pc?
If you change your password it forces a logout or change of security token for all the active logins the platform thinks you have.

Just change password on the PC and log back in on PC

I actually dunno what that means, it kinda contradicts a bit. Do I change the password then change it back on my mobile, then I can log in on the pc?
Use one device only. Log out of phone go to pc and hit change password and change it. Though you can still input the same one.
Use pc for game and don’t use mobile for RTV till after game to avoid hassle.

Can someone please advise how I can sort this issue out and give me a little advice, as at a bare minimum I would prefer to watch the game on something resembling a TV, rather than my mobile?

Every time I log into Rangers TV, it states that I have too many devices registered, yet if I attempt to delete one or more, it makes no difference

Log out of everything and wait 2hrs then log back in.

For some reason there’s a delay in RTV recognising that you’re logged out elsewhere.

Back