Russia v Scotland Match Thread (**Please Stay on Topic**)

All I can say is that I am glad that Jack wasn’t away with that shambles of a squad. Hopefully he will be ok for a week on Sunday. I wouldn’t be unhappy if Davis didn’t travel to the Czech Republic for N Ire’s friendly on Monday.

Surely a Banana republic should be reflected as such at international level?
Surely this is just Scotland finding its football level under the SNP/Sinn Fein?
The only question remaining is how low can they take a once fine nation?

Meanwhile, there will be a big game at Ibrox over the weekend for real Scots to take in. ;)

Well this is looking like a fine appointment to take us backwards!! Clarke set us up to not take a hammering yet with the players he picked we still managed to take that hammering in another dire performance.

Be interesting to see at what point the press turn against Clarke - must be nearing it pretty quickly and it is only that nations cup semi-final that incidentally he had no part of is keeping him in a job.

They are Scotland players when they play for Scotland. Barcelona and Real Madrid supporters have been known to support Spain. Boca Juniors and River Plate Argentina. It's not something that's unique here.

They clearly aren't as narrow minded as myself then lol

The way the Scotland fans and media turned on McLeish was vile. Will be interesting to see how much scrutiny Clarke gets.

I think we'll know how that will go.

Just watching the highlights, that big striker up front is a total unit. He makes Edmundson look like a little baby :D

First time since 2004 Scotland have lost 4 games in a row.....Can you imagine the Mhedia & the Tranny army if the jakey had any previous connections to Rangers

He does.

He got scudded 5 nil by Rangers but managed to deflect from his own failings by saying "they sung a bad song"...

I didn't trust Clarke from day dot at Killie. He is what he is. nevermind after his stupid end of season antics. Instinct were not wrong.There will never be a successful tim manager of Scotland imho. He's only the 2nd ever actually (Strachan/McLeish/Craig Brown/Burley/Levien/Stein/Walter/Ferguson all kicked with the right foot ).It's oil and water.Marshall/Devlin/Mulgrew/Robertson/McGinn/Snodgrass team is hoaching in all senses. Guys like Jack/Gilmour and McCorie in a few years could at least give some proper Scottish heart and patriotism .

Its doesn't matter who is in charge of the national team the problem is deeper than that. When pundits like walker and craigan give plaudits to most spl for being big and physical. Outside the old firm no player in Scotland is getting any sort of technical training because all the rest want to do is lump it forward and fight for the ball. The whole Scottish attitude needs to change before the national team will get any better

Having dealt with the SFA through my employer in the past I can confirm that they are an amateur outfit. An absolute joke of an organisation. Top to bottom they are full of overpaid incompetent fools. There is absolutely no professional outlook at the SFA. Nepotism is rife there and anyone trying to come in is looked upon with disdain. They are completely anti Rangers and that is evident throughout the place. Until we get the right people in we are going nowhere.

Actually thought Clarke would do a decent job at Scotland given he made Killie half decent, can't be long before he gets the boot this is dreadful

Not that I give a shit about Scotland.

The stick Vogts got was out of order at best and racist at worse.

People forget he actually got a playoff place!!

Vogts was handed a hospital pass by Craig Brown sticking with the same old faces and not bringing younger players through at all.

Vogts inherited a core squad well into their 30s and started throwing caps around all over the shop to try and find younger talent.

Craig Levein for me remains the benchmark for poor Scotland managers.

I'd argue that we're boycotting this now. Giving up and accepting that a few hundred booing troglodytes are reflective of Scotland as a whole is understandable, but I'm still hoping reversible.

And do you genuinely think thats as deep as it goes?

Back in 2012 when they voted us down which of them said this would benefit Scottish football and the national side in the long run?
A total lack of foresight from the clever people at the top to the spiteful lowlife at the bottom.
When they were foaming at the mouth i don't think they looked at the bigger picture.
All these clubs contributed to the state the national team is in just now.
Its not all to do with Rangers but sticking the boot in you gave yourselves nights like tonight.
Been said a good few times but hate is killing Scottish football and still they can't see it..

I posted the following on the Guidi thread, but it’s equally relevant in this thread

The entire set up, league structure, coaching of kids, SFA blazer chasers, no actual business people involved at the SFA or SPFL, standard of refereeing, youth facilities, I could go on and on.

I genuinely can’t see any prospect of any of this changing as it would need those in charge to vote themselves off their own gravy train.

Depressing state of affairs doesn’t even begin to cover it, and it’s no wonder so many fans (other than a few diddy club tits who are just looking for a bevvy overseas) have just switched off totally to Scotland’s national side.

Back