• Kent to stay at Rangers next season

Votes: 803 70.6%
  • Kent to leave Rangers in the Summer

Votes: 335 29.4%

• Total voters
He’s not good enough for the EPL.

But he’s more than good enough for us.

That’s reality.
Yep, his massive trophy haul for us shows he’s more than good enough…

Let’s get real, Rangers have been very good for Ryan Kent’s career but his recent form is far from ‘good enough’

Plenty of other options out there that would add more goals to the team in an area that’s been sadly neglected.

Time to part ways. He’s had more than enough time to justify his fee and came up short.

I also think fear he’s one of the ones that are mentally scarred by the mentally challengeds dominance

Extremely talented footballer and the least of our worries. We paid his worth and he's paid it back multiple times over even if he leaves for nothing. Under no circumstances should he be allowed to leave for nothing.

40 games 3 goals this season
Nae neck at the Tim’s 5 goals in 20 games

He simply needs to go his numbers have been abysmal for years.
I don’t like going off nothing but numbers because sometimes they can be deceiving. But in the case of Kent his average performance looks like what you’d expect it to look like going off the numbers, which isn’t particularly good.

Extremely talented footballer and the least of our worries. We paid his worth and he's paid it back multiple times over even if he leaves for nothing. Under no circumstances should he be allowed to leave for nothing.
An expensive attacker who’s managed 6 goals in 80 plus games and regularly flatters to deceive is the least of our worries? Yeah I’m struggling to see that personally.

An expensive attacker who’s managed 6 goals in 80 plus games and regularly flatters to deceive is the least of our worries? Yeah I’m struggling to see that personally.
We've been the most consistent we've ever been in Europe the last few seasons and he's a major part of it. Struggle to see whatever you want, as it's certainly not Kent's footballing ability. No player should be allowed to leave for nothing by the way.

Yep, his massive trophy haul for us shows he’s more than good enough…

Let’s get real, Rangers have been very good for Ryan Kent’s career but his recent form is far from ‘good enough’

Plenty of other options out there that would add more goals to the team in an area that’s been sadly neglected.
Thats unfair. Hes clearly one of our best players despite being in a team second best.

We've been the most consistent we've ever been in Europe the last few seasons and he's a major part of it. Struggle to see whatever you want, as it's certainly not Kent's footballing ability. No player should be allowed to leave for nothing by the way.
I agree with the last bit. But historically Rangers have been used to competing in the CL, not the second tier competition. These runs have been great by the way, but there’s no prize for them. Are you not interested in domestic silverware? Because for the most part Kent isn’t even close to being good enough on the domestic front, our bread and butter.

The scum are going to overtake our trophy haul soon, and Kent was one of the worst players on the park in our latest failed attempt at winning silverware. Easily dispossessed and shots that end up in the car park, seems to be all too familiar now. And I’m sorry but I just can’t get away from the fact that Kent was the one who let slip that our team do better in Europe because they’re not burdened by the expectation of the support.

It just astonishes me that people are willing to carry on putting up with it, and the same goes for the majority of his team mates. It’s even more bewildering when you consider the fact that he’ll almost certainly be looking for more money. For all his limitations and for all that he can look like a junior level player at times, Sakala seems to be more productive domestically than Kent is.

Thats unfair. Hes clearly one of our best players despite being in a team second best.
It’s Absolutley not unfair, bad european games he has shown nowhere near the level of being one of our best players.

Domestic football is our bread and butter.

He’s scored 6 goals in the last two seasons. For a guy who plays every minute of every game in the front 3/4 those numbers are appalling and a huge reason why we are so far behind Celtic who have double figure goals from all of their attackers.

It’s time to let go of the underperformers.

Kent is one of our best players and vital to how we play. He was unreal on the run to seville and hardly the reason we haven’t won more trophies. I hate the over reliance on stats at times, they dont tell the full picture. Boyd scored more than mols, tav has more assists than laudrup, morelos has more european goals that mccoist, john mclaughlin had more clean sheets in a season than gorum etc etc. none of that actually tells the real story.

We all know Kent’s finishing needs improvement. But, the facts are, if he was an excellent finisher on top of all he is then he wouldn’t be anywhere near us or the spl and thats just reality. We aren’t getting the ‘full package’ so people need fo get real.

Add to his ability and importance, he is a player we paid 7m for and is clearly an asset. In a business sense we can’t be letting that leave for nothing.

Absolutley nonsense if every club has that POV then we wouldn’t have a squad.

Honestly don't see why people don't rate him.

Obviously could improve, bit compared to wright, sakala, matondo.. He's streets ahead and effectively now a bosman signing

We would be bursting with joy if we signed the exact same player for free from another club next season
Maybe something to do with the fact he’s got as many goals as Tom Lawrence this season, who’s not kicked a ball since August. It’s pathetic.

Kent is one of our best players and vital to how we play. He was unreal on the run to seville and hardly the reason we haven’t won more trophies. I hate the over reliance on stats at times, they dont tell the full picture. Boyd scored more than mols, tav has more assists than laudrup, morelos has more european goals that mccoist, john mclaughlin had more clean sheets in a season than gorum etc etc. none of that actually tells the real story.

We all know Kent’s finishing needs improvement. But, the facts are, if he was an excellent finisher on top of all he is then he wouldn’t be anywhere near us or the spl and thats just reality. We aren’t getting the ‘full package’ so people need fo get real.

Add to his ability and importance, he is a player we paid 7m for and is clearly an asset. In a business sense we can’t be letting that leave for nothing.
In this case the stats aren’t lying though, they’re black and white and they match with the performances I see with my own two eyes. By comparing Tav who’s played more than the twice the number of games Laudrup has for Rangers, or Morelos with a striker who played far more of his games in Europe’s premier competition, you’d be purposefully giving a false impression of the abilities of these players and their achievements.

But with Kent that isn’t the case at all, the simple fact is he doesn’t do it anyone near enough domestically and he scores a pitiful number of goals for a Rangers team that are far more accustomed to losing than winning. The team who usually beat us have attackers who contribute far more goals, it’s not an accident that they do better and have more goals coming from their wide areas. How long can Kent and his backers live off Euro performances, it’s mental. Regularly seeing him struggle to beat SPL jobbers and then handing him even more money would in keeping with how we do business though so I’m preparing for the worst.

I really like Kent. I get the fact that he causes teams troubles and he's a brilliant dribbler, but football is about results and he doesn't contribute enough to our results. He is a winger who doesn't get goals or assists.

In this case the stats aren’t lying though, they’re black and white and they match with the performances I see with my own two eyes. By comparing Tav who’s played more than the twice the number of games Laudrup has for Rangers, or Morelos with a striker who played far more of his games in Europe’s premier competition, you’d be purposefully giving a false impression of the abilities of these players and their achievements.

But with Kent that isn’t the case at all, the simple fact is he doesn’t do it anyone near enough domestically and he scores a pitiful number of goals for a Rangers team that are far more accustomed to losing than winning. The team who usually beat us have attackers who contribute far more goals, it’s not an accident that they do better and have more goals coming from their wide areas. How long can Kent and his backers live off Euro performances, it’s mental. Regularly seeing him struggle to beat SPL jobbers and then handing him even more money would in keeping with how we do business though so I’m preparing for the worst.
94/95 Laudrup got 10 goals
95/96 he got 2 goals
96/97 he got 16
97/98 he got 5.

Tav has managed more goals than that per season basically every year in the last 5. Kent has managed more than 3 of those years. To compare either to Laudrup would be beyond stupidity, hence my point about stats not telling the whole picture. And both Kent and Tav are getting their stats in a far far worse rangers team.

The point stands that if Kent was getting 20+ goals a season on top of his asists and leading the league in dribbles (which doesnt suggest he struggles to beat SPL jobbers) as well as occupying 2 defenders at a time and as well as being in the Europa team of the season having ripped dortmund to bits, he wouldnt be anywhere near us.

Handing him more money and securing an asset that cost 7m would be bad business? You think we will get as good a players as kent for free? Rabbi Matondo is a similar position to him. 2.8m and 27k a week...

I really like Kent. I get the fact that he causes teams troubles and he's a brilliant dribbler, but football is about results and he doesn't contribute enough to our results. He is a winger who doesn't get goals or assists.
In 4 years Laurdup scored 33 goals in all competitions for the best Rangers side potentially ever. In 4.5 years Kent has......33 goals for a team in which 2 of the years, were pretty poor.

There is no comparison between the 2 as players (as my point above about stats states) but the reality is that wingers dont always get high numbers but a good one contributes in other ways.

How people cant see that Kent is a good player is beyond me.

At a fundamental level I would state the severe critics of Kent couldn’t spot a player if he bit them on the arse.

I would bet money Beale would want to keep him.

However maybe Kent’s time is up he will be very aware of the overall criticism of him and maybe fancies a new challenge

At a fundamental level I would state the severe critics of Kent couldn’t spot a player if he bit them on the arse.

However maybe Kent’s time is up he will be very aware of the overall criticism of him and maybe fancies a new challenge
Already on record saying it. I trust his judgement.

In 4 years Laurdup scored 33 goals in all competitions for the best Rangers side potentially ever. In 4.5 years Kent has......33 goals for a team in which 2 of the years, were pretty poor.

There is no comparison between the 2 as players (as my point above about stats states) but the reality is that wingers dont always get high numbers but a good one contributes in other ways.

Nobody is saying he isn’t a good player. I expect him to have EPL interest, which will make it impossible for us to compete.

However, we’re in a league where draws are essentially losses and he’s part of a group within this squad that are just not clinical enough in terms of getting goals.

Its’s concern for me as the squad is tired and players need to go, Kent is one of them.

Laudrup scored 44 goals in 150 games for us.

Kent is 33 goals in 214 games.

Not even remotely comparable. Kent's a good player, it would be stupid to suggest otherwise but to me he's nowhere near value for what we'd need to shell out for the next 4 years

Where's this "How can people say Kent is not a good player" come from?

No one has ever said that.

There's a few good players at the club who are not delivering when it matters domestically and are very much part of the malaise we find ourselves in and are unlikely to get out of until they are moved on.

Multiple managers, the same players not delivering. Come on.

Its’s concern for me as the squad is tired and players need to go, Kent is one of them.
The club needs to show it can actually take the squad forward progressively. We have been stagnating domestically since 55, even regressing.

The team isn’t good enough to topple the mhanks as it stands and persisting with the same players who have routinely failed to do it isn’t an option if we have any ambitions not to be second fiddle.

The fact Matondo has been held up as a reflection of the transfer market is ludicrous. There are plenty examples of good money being spent on shite out there, but we’ve also seen plenty examples of us picking up players at low cost and getting a great return too.

Kent is a million miles from irreplaceable.

Where's this "How can people say Kent is not a good player" come from?

No one has ever said that.

There's a few good players at the club who are not delivering when it matters domestically and are very much part of the malaise we find ourselves in and are unlikely to get out of until they are moved on.

Multiple managers, the same players not delivering. Come on.
That’s exactly it.

We have a very odd fanbase at times, one of the worst I’ve ever witnessed for struggling mentally with the prospect of losing players.

Kent’s a good player, but it doesn’t mean that his time at Rangers isn’t at an end. We’ve lost far better players than him.

As long as Kent is in our front 3, Celtic will continue to be far more clinical than us.

It’s been one of the biggest reasons why they have been ahead of us in his whole time here, bar one crazy season. Last season it won them the league with constant late goals from any of their front 3.

Not even remotely comparable. Kent's a good player, it would be stupid to suggest otherwise but to me he's nowhere near value for what we'd need to shell out for the next 4 years
Again, correct.

If Kent signs and sees out a 4 year contract at the top level wages he’ll be after, it’ll mean that he’s cost the club an outlay of just under £20m.

Think about that - it’s utterly insane for the return we’ve had.

As long as Kent is in our front 3, Celtic will continue to be far more clinical than us.

It’s been one of the biggest reasons why they have been ahead of us in his whole time here, bar one crazy season. Last season it won them the league with constant late goals from any of their front 3.
Aye, but apparently his dribbles per game stat is brilliant.

It just astonishes me that people are willing to carry on putting up with it, and the same goes for the majority of his team mates. It’s even more bewildering when you consider the fact that he’ll almost certainly be looking for more money. For all his limitations and for all that he can look like a junior level player at times, Sakala seems to be more productive domestically than Kent is.
But you are always angry and your answer to every problem/situation is just get rid of the lot of them.

It seems you watch too much foreign football and thats why you have such a low opinion on every player in our league. If he leaves it wont take 1 game to get started on the guy that takes his place, if its a Scottish player with no stats or transfer value many posters will be raging before he kicks a ball.

I think the whole Kents shit cos of his numbers and Tavs magic cos of his is a lot of playground bollocks. If we get a right good striker in that can header it and has some pace we will see more from our wide guys and full backs. Who really cares who scores the goals if it was as vital as suggested on the thread Lundstram and Sakala would be the main players going into next season.

Aye, but apparently his dribbles per game stat is brilliant.
And it actually isn’t really by the way. Attempts a lot of dribbles but has a very low success rate for a winger in this league. Very similar to Sakala’s dribbling stats.

Maybe something to do with the fact he’s got as many goals as Tom Lawrence this season, who’s not kicked a ball since August. It’s pathetic.
Totally different player

But if you'd rather have a player who been injured most the season.. Fair enough.

33 goals according to the internet. And, I agree with you that thats the complexity of stats. Numbers alone dont tell the whole story.

As for value we would need to shell out, £0 transfer fee and maybe 35k a week? You reckon we will get better than that considering that matondo, who is poor, was 2.8m or something and is on 28k a week.

I think he has the most successful dribbles in the league.
Honestly mate, who cares?

And that’s from someone who doesn’t actually dismiss the majority of stats that get thrown about. I’d be more interested to see the quality of chances created, xA or whatever it’s called just now. There’s no doubting his stats would be better if we had 2/3 clinical strikers.

He’s not even in the top fifteen goalscorers and he’s sitting somewhere around fourth on the assist charts.

Is that worth £35,000-£40,000 a week?

Honestly mate, who cares?

And that’s from someone who doesn’t actually dismiss the majority of stats that get thrown about. I’d be more interested to see the quality of chances created, xA or whatever it’s called just now. There’s no doubting his stats would be better if we had 2/3 clinical strikers.

He’s not even in the top fifteen goalscorers and he’s sitting somewhere around fourth on the assist charts.

Is that worth £35,000-£40,000 a week?
I dont mate, thats been my point. I dont think stats tell the story. I think he is worth 35k a week and most importantly, Beale wants him. I trust his judgement.

Seen a post above that while we have him in our front 3 we will struggle but I simply dont buy that. With him we have won 55 and got to Seville, both of which he was pivotal in. In the years he won nothing, he was our best player and the only real one that gave celtic bother.
3 or 4 quality additions around him, like cantwell and raskin, and Kent will be key to our success. Thats Beale's take and, ads I said, I trust his opinion more than anyone on FF. He could end up wrong of course but I would give him the chance.

Kent is a workhorse , he continues to terrify all defences , including them. He has great balance , creates space for teammates. It would be a travesty to lose him, we are building highly creative players who will appreciate and replicate for Kent.
I think numbers and assists will shine going forward. He has carried our club in Europe at times. We must resign him.

33 goals according to the internet. And, I agree with you that thats the complexity of stats. Numbers alone dont tell the whole story.

As for value we would need to shell out, £0 transfer fee and maybe 35k a week? You reckon we will get better than that considering that matondo, who is poor, was 2.8m or something and is on 28k a week.

33 in the league - 10, 2, 16, 5

Overall it was 13, 6, 20, 5

So we chuck oodles of money at Kent in case we sign another Matondo ? May as well just keep the whole lot of them together in that case. Just to be on the safe side.

You are kinda proving my point here mate. Stats arent always reliable or a worthwhile tool for comparison. Tav will have more than 44 goals in his last 150 games I would imagine for example.

So we chuck oodles of money at Kent in case we sign another Matondo ? May as well just keep the whole lot of them together in that case. Just to be on the safe side.
I dont remember people criticising him when he scored 6 or 5 though mate, and with good reason. Wingers quite often have lower scoring seasons. Again though, the 2 players arent remotely comparable, just the point that focusing just on stats doesnt help.

Sums it up for me.

The time for change is long overdue - This has literally been one of my worst seasons watching Rangers. No heart, passion, aggression, pride...

The question is sort of two fold.

What would be the impact of Kent going out the team.
The argument might be he is part of the underachievers so will will improve.
The counter argument would be how do you know we won’t be worse?

Will we get as good a player in as replacement?

I personally suspect this might be academic as he moves on anyway
I think if he stays it might well be because he doesn’t have a better offer

The fact that we're going to have replace him after leaving on a free is hard to take. You really have to hope that (incredibly) valuable lessons have been learned within the club.

So many of our fans are scared of change.

The second place comfort blanket isn’t just for some of the squad it seems.

Goldson situation.

Will sign as a free agent on 1 July.
I thought this too. I wonder if there is something in his contract where if he signs an extension we owe Liverpool money so. Let it run out n sign as a free agent. Risky but screams of our board

Back