Season Ticket Cancelled?

Another concern is will history of points accumulated over the years still stand with ticket cancelled? I know this is a bit paranoia status but some unanswered questions here :rolleyes:

Would be good if club could guarantee that we wont lose seat if not sorted before deadline as that's all most of us care about.
Renewal deadline is over 6 weeks away mate but agree with what you're saying,the way this all started and the way it's being handled is concerning

Exactly mate... why have card providers held onto money?
Strange definitely, but we purchased through Rangers so let's hope they get it sorted not just for us to renew again, but I believe the Mygers payments have went to this provider as that was through the normal (old way) we bought them. So will the club be out of pocket if this provider doesn't give them the money for these? I might be wrong with this but using common sense and a bit of guesswork

The refund process does consist of the TC cancelling the email. For whatever reason, the card fulfilment company who takes the money online hadn’t processed our request to them To send the money back. This is very unusual and something that surprised us - we have been assured that they are now processing them as normal so it could potentially be another 3-5 days.

since this was confirmed to me last night I have updated a number of fans who have been in contact with myself and updated on here today and I believe the ticket centre will be updating on any enquiry to the same affect.

apologies for the inconvenience.

Greg something needs to come from the TC on this to avoid confusion. There’s quite a few affected. The fact there’s no real official line to everyone affected is probably adding to frustration / concern.

Renewal deadline is over 6 weeks away mate but agree with what you're saying,the way this all started and the way it's being handled is concerning
I know that mate surely will be sorted in plenty of time and I also know some of the blame is on us but this should never have been allowed to happen, should have been much clearer that couldn't purchase through usual way on website or disabled that method.

I know that mate surely will be sorted in plenty of time and I also know some of the blame is on us but this should never have been allowed to happen, should have been much clearer that couldn't purchase through usual way on website or disabled that method.
There's no blame on us mate unless we all ignored the mythical warning when renewing,there was certainly no warning appeared on the website at any point when I was renewing,so not guilty

Greg something needs to come from the TC on this to avoid confusion. There’s quite a few affected. The fact there’s no real official line to everyone affected is probably adding to frustration / concern.

What I have been saying on here is echoed by the ticket centre in correspondence with them.

People should have had email responses from the TC on each cancelled payment so if you haven't received that then please message ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk

@Greg Marshall

We appreciate your doing your best mate but there is still confusion what’s actually happening with our money, my credit card statements says the merchant who took the money is “Rangers Football Club” so to avoid creating further confusion and needless stress can you speak to Edward or someone in the ticket office and get some sort of Official statement on what’s going on. Passing the buck onto a third party doesn’t help the situation.

There is a great number of folk quite rightly worried about their money and ability to renew their tickets. It not insignificant amounts we’re taking either. Personally I’ve paid for 3 family tickets so not talking pennies.

Cheers

I am certain it will be sorted before the deadline but I can reassure supporters that they will not lose their ST through a cancelled payment
Appreciate that no one will lose their seat over these cancellation Greg, but for clarity what if your certainty doesn't come to fruition? Will fans that cannot renew due to needing their refunds keep their seats if this isn't resolved? Think that's a point that's worrying some of our fans. Im greatful that you take the time to come on to this forum and try to help but would it not be beneficial to get the club to realise this information through official channels?

Appreciate that no one will lose their seat over these cancellation Greg, but for clarity what if your certainty doesn't come to fruition? Will fans that cannot renew due to needing their refunds keep their seats if this isn't resolved? Think that's a point that's worrying some of our fans. Im greatful that you take the time to come on to this forum and try to help but would it not be beneficial to get the club to realise this information through official channels?

To reiterate: "I can reassure supporters that they will not lose their ST through a cancelled payment"

@Greg Marshall just a thought, can the ticket office not just confirm supporters affected will be renewed as they've basically paid in good faith they are getting the product from Rangers as it was through the official ticket site. Then once refunds happen the affected fans have an extended deadline to pay the ticket off?

@Greg Marshall

We appreciate your doing your best mate but there is still confusion what’s actually happening with our money, my credit card statements says the merchant who took the money is “Rangers Football Club” so to avoid creating further confusion and needless stress can you speak to Edward or someone in the ticket office and get some sort of Official statement on what’s going on. Passing the buck onto a third party doesn’t help the situation.

There is a great number of folk quite rightly worried about their money and ability to renew their tickets. It not insignificant amounts we’re taking either. Personally I’ve paid for 3 family tickets so not talking pennies.

Cheers

It's our Merchant service provider that takes the money and subsequently passes it on to the club. Rangers cancelled the transaction before the funds were given to the club. The merchant service provider should have processed that refund and now I am assured they are doing as they should have been from the start. I don't think its 'passing the buck' its being transparent about the situation.

I certainly appreciate it is not small sums and everyone at the club is grateful for the support shown.

@Greg Marshall just a thought, can the ticket office not just confirm supporters affected will be renewed as they've basically paid in good faith they are getting the product from Rangers as it was through the official ticket site. Then once refunds happen the affected fans have an extended deadline to pay the ticket off?

I don't think its necessary to extend the deadline as its over 6 weeks from now.

So when will this card provider have our money refunded? Surely if they've been investigated then they should have said when we'll receive it? Who is the card provider? Is it the same provider the Mygers memberships have gone through?

Iam still waiting for my refund, just tried to go the 4/10 month option but iam going round in circles it's a complete mess

Slightly off topic but trying to purchase MyGers and it's asking for a promotional code before I get to the confirm page. Any ideas? When I click on the FAQ link it says page not found!

My brother and I have seats together in MRC he got his E-mail straight away I'm still waiting have tried two separate E-mails first one the4th may not heard a thing back

Greg. Is there any news of the TO providing us with a link to update credit card information. Previously we had to put any changes in writing. As banking rules would not allow us to provide card details online.

Apologies for missing this.

Because the other two tickets are "auto-renewals" you have to contact the ticket centre who can cancel the auto-renewals for you which can allow you to pay by alternative methods.
Also similar to other people I have not been refunded yet for the season tickets that I paid for without the link, I take it this will happen in the next few days?

Greg. I have read on another thread that someone had to send a letter to the ticket office with their bank card details. Can you let us know if this is correct.

Another day, no refund in Bank, has anyone had their money returned yet? The situation is getting seriously worrying.

Nope none so far for me too. It’s now been two weeks since I paid and one week since I received the cancellation email.

Another day, no refund in Bank, has anyone had their money returned yet? The situation is getting seriously worrying.

Nothing for me either mate - 9 working days and counting, no response whatsoever from TO - shocking in all honesty.

Apologies for missing this.

Because the other two tickets are "auto-renewals" you have to contact the ticket centre who can cancel the auto-renewals for you which can allow you to pay by alternative methods.

Greg, how do I send you a PM. ?

Headin for Kinning Park right now so if you PM me I'll send u the response from my bank I got yesterday trying to send my full cson tkt money. I'll be back soon.

Basically, IMO, this is what has happened:

- Transactions are cancelled and Rangers instruct merchant supplier to issue refunds.
- Rangers Ticket Office inundated with emails due to lockdown. A load of these emails are from people asking when their refunds will arrive.
- Ticket Office decide on a policy to not respond to any of the refund emails, because they are under the impression that the refund process is under way and the money will arrive in accounts within a few days, fixing the problem.
- After about a week, it THEN transpires the merchant payment supplier has actually NOT commenced the refund process after all.

By now, the policy to ignore all emails about refunds becomes a problem because the merchant supplier has f*cked up.

What I'm saying is - Yes this is the fault of the merchant supplier, but RFC simply ignoring the emails chasing refunds is not helping at all.

I would presume money will be back by Thursday as that would be 3-5 working days as previously mentioned. It might be helpful to know who this merchant account is so we contact them ourselves and get a possibly get their end of the story.

Exactly when the "WARNING" not to proceed appeared on the renewal website is crucial here,I renewed on 3rd of May and there was absolutely no "WARNING" at that point.In my opinion the TO are liable for for any ST,s renewed up until the "WARNING" was put in place,They should therefore issue ST,s to those affected by this then it's their responsibility to pursue the cash

Exactly when the "WARNING" not to proceed appeared on the renewal website is crucial here,I renewed on 3rd of May and there was absolutely no "WARNING" at that point.In my opinion the TO are liable for for any ST,s renewed up until the "WARNING" was put in place,They should therefore issue ST,s to those affected by this then it's their responsibility to pursue the cash
It's been posted that other people were seeing the warning on their screen from the first day of renewals.

Definitely a fair resolution and point you've made mate. They know the people affected and it was through the official website. Isn't fans fault the ticket webpage isn't up to standard to handle the volume activity that goes through it.

Back