Shankland

Is he signing?

• Absolutely not

• He will have a bar scarf above his head tonight

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bumped into his Mrs in town, asked her where her man was, "Not far from here" with a smile... its happening
tenor.gif

Gonna be a lot of dissapointed bears on here tonight. If I’m wrong a cyber pint to all.
Depends how you look at it. There hasn't been anything to say we're even in for him.

Out of the SPL strikers outwith us and them, absolutely, he's the best IMO. Will we pay a significant fee in a January deadline day for him though? Extremely doubtful. We'll potentially be looking at 6 month loans as we've got Danilo to come back as well (and Roofe too..I know, I know)

Depends how you look at it. There hasn't been anything to say we're even in for him.

Out of the SPL strikers outwith us and them, absolutely, he's the best IMO. Will we pay a significant fee in a January deadline day for him though? Extremely doubtful. We'll potentially be looking at 6 month loans as we've got Danilo to come back as well (and Roofe too..I know, I know)
Miovski is the best striker outwith the old firm and by a good bit.

My honest opinion is that this would be a good thing if it can happen. People saying Dessers starts before him etc and Dessers has more goals per minutes. My opinion is that Shankland will have a higher conversion rate. Playing with better players and us spending more time in the final third I feel he would settle quickly
Even if its not him we still badly need a finisher in case Dessers golden period were to come to an end

This has felt throughout like something that has never had any kind of substance to it whatsoever and more than likely just something fans have invented and the local media have latched onto to fill column inches, knowing they can get their clicks by keeping it in play. Meanwhile, absolutely fck all interest from Rangers/PC at all.

If he does sign it would have to be the most miraculous, covert operation ever, as well as the biggest change of mind/target ever from us :))

There are even Hearts ITK who are saying Shankland is 100% not signing for Rangers.

If he does sign it would have to be the most miraculous, covert operation ever, as well as the biggest change of mind/target ever from us :))

There are even Hearts ITK who are saying Shankland is 100% not signing for Rangers.
You just know there'll be a huge number of idiots laughing and mocking us for failing to get him... even though we were never fcking interested.

You just know there'll be a huge number of idiots laughing and mocking us for failing to get him... even though we were never fcking interested.
there maybe a wee meltdown by some, but Shanland will have nowt to do with it, it's the fact that it doesn't look like we're getting a striker in, two completely different things

My honest opinion is that this would be a good thing if it can happen. People saying Dessers starts before him etc and Dessers has more goals per minutes. My opinion is that Shankland will have a higher conversion rate. Playing with better players and us spending more time in the final third I feel he would settle quickly
Even if its not him we still badly need a finisher in case Dessers golden period were to come to an end
Shankland's looks very calm and controlled with his finishes, we don't have that with our attackers more often than not

At a fee that’s sensible, I could be persuaded on Shankland, if only to avoid months of repetitive tedium along the lines of “we should have signed Shankland”
Main concern for me is that he hasn’t played against the type of packed defences we are up against all the time.

there maybe a wee meltdown by some, but Shanland will have nowt to do with it, it's the fact that it doesn't look like we're getting a striker in, two completely different things
No, there'll be fans of other clubs slagging us off for not being able to land Shankland is my point. Even though there's no evidence we're even remotely interested.

What will we talk about once this is resolved one way or another tonight?
You know the drill:
Don't sign him, win title: Shankland is "pish, never Rangers class"
Don't sign him, title challenge falters: Dessers is "pish, never Rangers class" Shankland would have won us the league, sack the board
Sign him, win title: Was Shankland the difference - or is he "pish, an imposter, never Rangers class"?
Sign him, title challenge falters: Shankland is "pish, an imposter, never Rangers class"

Miovski doesn't score the wide variety of goals that Shankland does. Just looking at their respective goals scored this season alone shows you that.
Far better all round player with a lot more pace. Miovski will have better teams interested in him than Shankland will.

Are there 53 people that actually believe we’re signing him in the next 9 hours?

I understand that some people think we should, but I can’t accept that 53 genuinely still expect this to happen.

No, there'll be fans of other clubs slagging us off for not being able to land Shankland is my point. Even though there's no evidence we're even remotely interested.
I don't care what other clubs fans think or say, but that's just me, and Shankland would be a hard get for this window, so why would anyone slag us off for that? I've no seen anything of that sort online

Not screaming for him to come not completely against him coming,If Clement sees a place for him in the team and can get a deal that suits then why not.

Assume LS hasn’t signed an extension as per headline Hearts created . T based on that being correct they need to make a market for him today don’t they - or take the consequences of him entering Summer with 1 yr in contract .

Theres a game in this

Not screaming for him to come not completely against him coming,If Clement sees a place for him in the team and can get a deal that suits then why not.
truth of the matter is, it's not Shankland but rather are we going to get a striker any striker in that's putting some fans on edge

truth of the matter is, it's not Shankland but rather are we going to get a striker any striker in that's putting some fans on edge
Also the case that if he goes nowhere today, which looks likely, and he hasn't signed his extension, they could pull the offer. They only offered the payrise due to the potential of losing him cheaper than what they believe he is worth.

Assume LS hasn’t signed an extension as per headline Hearts created . T based on that being correct they need to make a market for him today don’t they - or take the consequences of him entering Summer with 1 yr in contract .

Theres a game in this
I admire your glass half full look on this, I want him too, but lets face it, looks more unlikely by the minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back