Signing Suggestions

People are failing to realise that we've spent while making a loss for ages.

Season ticket sales look like they're basically going to be normal, mygers has launched and done well and now we actually have a retail deal.

I doubt we've lost much income at all in all honesty
Obviously hospitality will be a loss but no stewarding costs, policing costs etc should hopefully make up for some of that

We will have a 4/5 games of match-day income even then more than 90% of the tickets for those games were sold, but we have a pretty solid retail deal unlike other seasons and a hefty bit of Europa League money incoming. Our season ticket sales being so high means we will be one of the few clubs in Europe not affected too much by it.
Hopefully some of the match day income will be recouped with ppv purchases of games

Reactions: LD5
Ibrahima Sissoko - 22 - R. Strasbourg - rated at £4.32m. A big tank of a defensive midfielder that seems to cover ground well and win the ball back.

So was Hagi.

Hamburg aren't commanding a huge fee and typically it's only Bundesliga clubs that shop in that division, they'd have gone in already
I wish you were right, but i don't see us being able to compete.
Hagi deal was one we can probably thank our gaffer for , he might not have signed for us if Pedro of Murty was still in charge,
Van Drongelen is heavily linked with PSV and Ajax but I would not be surprised if a Newcastle or even a Spurs took a punt on him..
Don't get me wrong if he comes, I would be over the moon.

Ibrahima Sissoko - 22 - R. Strasbourg - rated at £4.32m. A big tank of a defensive midfielder that seems to cover ground well and win the ball back.

Good player but just signed a new contract till 2024 probably ask for a lot of money for him

@drgriffen what's happened with Maxi Romero? back on Loan to Velez and smashing them in.

I think a lot of things have contributed to his lack of game time with PSV. Injuries, new country, different style of play, he's still young (and his g/f had a baby when he was 19) so homesickness may have played a part. I do think he would be better at a slightly smaller team than PSV, in Europe, to get more game time - Suarez moved to Groningen before going to Ajax.

I don't know how much of an impact his cruciate injury had when he was 15/16. This put him out the game for quite a while and may have contributed to later problems.

Ultimately, he has all the attributes to be a really good player. And at 21 he still has the chance of having a good career.

Last edited:
I think a lot of things have contributed to his lack of game time with PSV. Injuries, new country, different style of play, he's still young (and his g/f had a baby when he was 19) so homesickness may have played a part. I do think he would be better at a slightly smaller team than PSV, in Europe, to get more game time - Suarez moved to Groningen before going to Ajax.

I don't know how much of an impact his cruciate injury had when he was 15/16. This put him out the game for quite a while and may have contributed to later problems.

Ultimately, he has all the attributes to be a really good player. And at 21 he can still has the chance of having a good career.
He went for about 9m I think, his finishing is quality at a drop down price I'd get a rager if he came to us.

Anyone interested in Nahuel Bustos? How much he being touted for?

He went for about 9m I think, his finishing is quality at a drop down price I'd get a rager if he came to us.

Anyone interested in Nahuel Bustos? How much he being touted for?

Last I read about Bustos was a couple of weeks ago. Apparently Roma were interested. Talleres want €12m although this may change in the current climate.

According to this thread we must have a £50m war chest.
They are suggestions, some have stated some would only be able to be bought if Morelos was sold.

Also a lot are well within our budgets of previous windows. No idea what we have to spend but it’s just for something to do whilst bored mate

They are suggestions, some have stated some would only be able to be bought if Morelos was sold.

Also a lot are well within our budgets of previous windows. No idea what we have to spend but it’s just for something to do whilst bored mate
Appreciate what you are saying but also think some on here think we have £millions to spend.
Must also be some world renowned scouts or at the very least experts on Football Manager.

Appreciate what you are saying but also think some on here think we have £millions to spend.
Must also be some world renowned scouts or at the very least experts on Football Manager.
I don’t have a clue what we have to spend but think we do require a few players to strengthen the first 11. I know we are being a lot smarter with loan to buy options etc. We can also get good quality players without spending a fortune!

I think a lot of suggestions posted were very good. We have a huge fan base that watch a lot of football so it’s not that ridiculous to think we have a few people who could suggest a decent player.

I watch a lot of football but I’m in no way saying I’m anything near a scout. The players I posted at the start were all valued between 1-4.5m which I thought could be attainable and I based these suggestions on their statistics and then watched some videos of them.

Would love to see us go for Filip Stefanovic of Partisan Belgrade. Left winger only 17 but looks a great talent.

No idea on cost though reckon he’s probably being watched by the top clubs.

If we could build a reputation as a good place for young players to come play and as a stepping stone to the English Premier League then we could be onto a winner.

Read an article that Malang Sarr of Nice isn't signing a new contract, think he's only 21 and has 120 odd apps, cb that can play LB. I haven't seen him just read he was highly thought of and wanted a new challenge.

Also, another vote for Daka he looks leipzig bound though

Would love to see us go for Filip Stefanovic of Partisan Belgrade. Left winger only 17 but looks a great talent.

No idea on cost though reckon he’s probably being watched by the top clubs.

If we could build a reputation as a good place for young players to come play and as a stepping stone to the English Premier League then we could be onto a winner.
We were watching a belgrade player a few months ago I can’t remember his name might have been pavlovic

Seen some Austrian outlet say Weissman is available for €5m. Will try find the link again

He scored again in their last match a 4-2 defeat.
I don't see Morelos going this Summer and personally I think Gerrard has 10m left to spend if he needs it. I'd still love a guy like him in as long as plans for a RW and CM could be got with the other 5m

I don't see Morelos going this Summer and personally I think Gerrard has 10m left to spend if he needs it. I'd still love a guy like him in as long as plans for a RW and CM could be got with the other 5m

Mate your living in a fantasy land if you think we still have 10m to spend WITHOUT selling Morelos

Ill have some of what you've been smoking during this lockdown

Weissman looks a quality player. It was said in the papers he's the tims back up if they sell eduoard.30 goals in 32 games. No chance he goes for 5 million.

We won't be spending £10m in fees total this Summer no matter how much Morelos or anyone else goes for.

Reality check needed for many. We will be spending very little and most incomings will be frees or loans.

Nonsense we’ve spent nearly 3 and half already and we will be spending more easily between 10-15 million.

Nonsense we’ve spent nearly 3 and half already and we will be spending more easily between 10-15 million.

We've done the Hagi deal so we pay a million at three different points in time. Bassey only cost £230K as well. We will probably look to do a couple more deals like Hagi as the summer goes on but I don't think we'll be near 10-15 million in this window.

Probably a non starter but Ryan Fraser on a free transfer.

Offer him 50k a week, gets to play in Europe and for Steven Gerrard, could sell him on for big transfer fee after a few years...

Mate your living in a fantasy land if you think we still have 10m to spend WITHOUT selling Morelos

Ill have some of what you've been smoking during this lockdown
Erm ok, didn't we spend 10 mil on 2 players last season? And in his 3rd season winning nothing so far, you don't think he'll spend on quality rather than shoddy free transfers/dev fees and unproven youth loanees ala Jones, Hastie, Ojo?

Weissman looks a quality player. It was said in the papers he's the tims back up if they sell eduoard.30 goals in 32 games. No chance he goes for 5 million.
These numbers getting banded about are mental. Covid has caused lots of crap. Before any mention of the Hagi buy out at 4m did anyone reckon he'd be available for that? I seen people say upwards of 10m prior.

Wolfsberger don't have lineage of selling quality players, Covid and how deals get structured all come into play when fees are involved.

Haaland went for under 20m he's 19 and had 2 great seasons prior. Weissman is 26 too many factors. Genuinely think 5m and add ons are realistic.

Cant see it in the current economic climate.
Club might take in the extra revenue from Europa compared the Europa run the prior year. The also have Castore money and the possibility of the Club getting legal with Hummel/Elite and money could be gotten there as well? 13m was my feelings prior to Hagi I reckoned 10m but it could be more. Our Club is drumming up more sponsorship and things like MyGers help.

Club might take in the extra revenue from Europa compared the Europa run the prior year. The also have Castore money and the possibility of the Club getting legal with Hummel/Elite and money could be gotten there as well? 13m was my feelings prior to Hagi I reckoned 10m but it could be more. Our Club is drumming up more sponsorship and things like MyGers help.
Europa money is already spent , well £7m of it.
Would like to think you are right but just don’t see it.

Europa money is already spent , well £7m of it.
Would like to think you are right but just don’t see it.
It wasn’t £7m but even if it was it wouldn’t have all been paid upfront. We only budget for EL groups, we never budgeted for an extra £3.6m in gate fees, getting the large majority of Scotland’s coefficient pot.

These numbers getting banded about are mental. Covid has caused lots of crap. Before any mention of the Hagi buy out at 4m did anyone reckon he'd be available for that? I seen people say upwards of 10m prior.

Wolfsberger don't have lineage of selling quality players, Covid and how deals get structured all come into play when fees are involved.

Haaland went for under 20m he's 19 and had 2 great seasons prior. Weissman is 26 too many factors. Genuinely think 5m and add ons are realistic.
He’s 24 mate. Reports saying he’s available for £4m-£5m so your price is probably realistic.

I was really impressed with Andre Grey when we played Burnley couple of years ago . Not sure how much he would go for but would be a good signing.
In a perfect world when we sell Alfie we buy someone like Prevljak or Weismann and also get the likes of Gray I’m on loan to provide two real quality strikers to threaten teams with.
And that’s not even mentioning Defoe who I think would score even more goals with Hagi just behind him and a proper RW to help.

Was looking through more obscure leagues in my spare time and found this guy Luka Menalo 23 on Loan at NK Olimpija from Dinamo Zagreb last season he got 9 goals and 6 assists from outwide in 24 games would be a good option if we go back to using wingers again he has a lot of competition to get in to the squad at Zagreb so may be available for a more reasonable fee:

Van Drongelen looks a decent player. If Goldson goes I'd be trying to get him or a similar type. Played for Sparta Rotterdam before Hamburg.

Back